I'm going to pick up my Incredible at FedEx this afternoon and don't know anything about droids. What are some of the first things I need to do? Is rooting it the best thing to do? If so, where do I get info on how to do it.
    08-04-10 12:30 PM
    sit down with it for a few hours and really get to know it before you mess with rooting. They are highly customizable out of the box. My opinion of course.
    08-04-10 01:16 PM
    What he said^. Just mess with the phone for a week and then start reading about rooting. You can really mess up your phone if you dont know what you're doing.
    08-04-10 03:07 PM
    This is what you need to do. Get rid of the BB and enjoy the android to the fullest

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 10:23 PM
    This is what you need to do. Get rid of the BB mindset of battery pulls, closing apps, and obsessing over apps running in memory and enjoy the android to the fullest

Edited for humor, but it is the truth.
    08-04-10 10:42 PM
    Hahaha nice edit job above me
    08-05-10 12:06 AM
    Edited for humor, but it is the truth.
    Hahahahaha. Nicely done!

08-05-10 12:15 AM
    This first thing you do is celebrate! You will be thinking why did I put up with that BB for so long?
    08-05-10 10:26 AM
    Make sure you set up a Google account and gmail address. Forget rooting, at least until you understand the ins and outs of it. It isn't essential to the enjoyment of the phone.
    08-05-10 10:39 AM
    Make sure you set up a Google account and gmail address. Forget rooting, at least until you understand the ins and outs of it. It isn't essential to the enjoyment of the phone.
    Ditto. Especially for syncing your contacts & calendar seamlessly. Enjoy the phone. I love it. Posting from it now.

08-05-10 10:44 AM
    Mess around with the menus and learn the navigation features of it. I am coming from a storm 2 and this phone is light years ahead of the s2. I've had mine for a week and a half and I'm still learning new little things. It's hard to put this phone down!

08-06-10 10:22 AM
    I'm going to pick up my Incredible at FedEx this afternoon and don't know anything about droids. What are some of the first things I need to do? Is rooting it the best thing to do? If so, where do I get info on how to do it.
    First thing: Install the Google Sync App on your blackberry. Make sure you have a gmail account. Now when you hook up your DINC use the same gmail account and all of your contacts will *magically* come on your phone.

Second thing: Buy a better battery. The battery sucks on this phone.
    08-06-10 11:10 AM
    The battery will probably die within 10 minutes of your first time use, charge it well past full a few times. As others said, get a spare battery- the Incredible is one of the worst phones in terms of battery life right now.
    08-06-10 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD