So I'm getting my Droid tomorrow. Any tips or suggestions? I currently have a S2. Anything I need to know to get my contacts and stuff moved over? Any apps I should download right away? Thanks in advance!
    11-09-09 10:50 PM
    So I'm getting my Droid tomorrow. Any tips or suggestions? I currently have a S2. Anything I need to know to get my contacts and stuff moved over? Any apps I should download right away? Thanks in advance!
    if you don't have one, open a gmail account and get google sync. after you get the phone the vzw rep will ask you if you have a gmail account and they will set up that account. once on your phone, sync ports contacts and calender for you instantly. have fun, the droid rocks
    11-09-09 10:58 PM
    if you don't have one, open a gmail account and get google sync. after you get the phone the vzw rep will ask you if you have a gmail account and they will set up that account. once on your phone, sync ports contacts and calender for you instantly. have fun, the droid rocks
    I do have a gmail account but I dont use it for email. I use my aol account for that. Will I have any problems?
    11-09-09 11:43 PM
    I do have a gmail account but I dont use it for email. I use my aol account for that. Will I have any problems?
    You don't have to use your Gmail for email. But you do need it to transfer your contacts from your Storm, using Google sync.

The Droid will constantly sync your contacts with your Google (Gmail) account.
    11-09-09 11:45 PM
    You don't have to use your Gmail for email. But you do need it to transfer your contacts from your Storm, using Google sync.

The Droid will constantly sync your contacts with your Google (Gmail) account.
    So whats the actual process for transferring from my bb to the droid via Google synch?
    11-09-09 11:51 PM
    Just download Google Sync, run it (can have it do manually or automatically at intervals). Sync it. Done.
    11-09-09 11:54 PM
    head on over to droidforums.net as well there is a lot of good info that you may not pick up here..

Enjoy the Droid...............
    11-09-09 11:59 PM
    K, I downloaded Synch and it uploaded my contacts no problem. For some reason none of my Calendar events updated. Any ideas?
    11-10-09 12:04 AM
    Would I be able to load all my saved aol mail to my droid? Will it download all the old emails when i create the aol account on the droid?
    11-10-09 12:06 AM
    K, I downloaded Synch and it uploaded my contacts no problem. For some reason none of my Calendar events updated. Any ideas?
    I had the same issue with my Curve. I did a search and came up with this technique that worked. first, delete google sync from your berry and then do a battery pull. After pwoer is back up, go and download sync again and do another battery pull. Power back up and begin syncing. It worked for me-hopefully it will work for you.
    11-10-09 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD