I am a little unclear about how you can get your email on the droid. Do you have to have a google email account or can you just use IMAP or POP3 for any email account and have it forwarded? I also have been reading that people are having trouble syncing with outlook. My main concern is that I have an email address which I use through my school which is a .edu but to access the account it is run through www.outlook.com. So are there any potential problems with getting this email account to work on the droid?
    12-17-09 08:44 PM
    your best bet will be to use gmail since its a google phone. you can use other personal email addresses but the droid really blows chunks when it comes to doing anything other then google.
    12-17-09 11:12 PM
    I saw that you can have the phone check the server every 5 minutes. That is pretty acceptable to me. Is that what you mean when you say that it is bad, is that it just takes a little while to get the emails? Thanks. Sorry for the newb questions I just want to make sure this is the right phone for me.
    12-17-09 11:56 PM
    Motorola.com/droid/usermanual. The droid handles ALL email types great. Corporate Exchange is actually GOOD. The android platform is night and day coming from a clunky BB OS, much more productive time wise on my droid....shhhhhh.....don't tell the storm users, it would wreck their day to find out how inferior the storm actually is (though email is good, but it's a smart phone....so it BETTER BE). Why do I even bother trying to get others to have a better cell phone experience? They are just going to say how disgruntledly happy they are.....
    12-18-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD