Hey Guys,

wanted to see if anyone had any advice for me...

I've called multiple times to cust serv and went into a store, I can't get the two year price until Dec 1st and they won't let me move it up for this Friday. Any suggestions on what to do? Other than of course wait 3 weeks and rip my hair out.
    What if I bought it friday for the 1 year price, and returned it dec 1st and rebought it. I'm assuming paying the $35 dollar restock fee is less than the difference between the 2 and 1 year price. Don't mind spending $35 to have it three weeks early...

Your help is appreciated.

thanks
    11-04-09 07:41 PM
    Im in the same boat but I can get it on the 21st of this month. I'm just going to wait the 2 weeks and just watch every video of it that I can until I get it.
    11-04-09 07:45 PM
    Honestly, you're probably better off. You'll get the advantage of hundreds of "real user" reviews - the good, bad, and ugly, plus you'll get plenty of time to demo it in store. All these folks crashing the doors at 7:00 am are going to get about 2 minutes to demo the device (at least at my corp store, which will only have one live demo on the floor on Friday.) If I were you I'd take advantage of the time you have and really get to understand the phone.

$.02
    11-04-09 07:48 PM
    if you're willing to pay the $9.99/month fee, you could add a line.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/he...d-tour-350801/
    11-04-09 07:51 PM
    I was able to get them to give me an early upgrade but my annual was November 21. I called like 20 times till finally got a supervisor who was nice enough to help me. . just say your phones broken and instead of buying a new one from insurance you'd rather put that money towards your new phone hopefully it helps
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-04-09 08:44 PM
    I was able to get them to give me an early upgrade but my annual was November 21. I called like 20 times till finally got a supervisor who was nice enough to help me. . just say your phones broken and instead of buying a new one from insurance you'd rather put that money towards your new phone hopefully it helps

Did you ask for a supervisor right off the bat each time?
    11-04-09 08:46 PM
    Did you ask for a supervisor right off the bat each time?
    no i just talked with a normal supervisor just to see what they could do. which was nothing i would then ask for a supervisor.

11-04-09 08:49 PM
    no i just talked with a normal supervisor just to see what they could do. which was nothing i would then ask for a supervisor.

my bad i mean normal customer service rep

11-04-09 08:51 PM
    you can try emailing them as well; that's what I did...they moved my annual upgrade date up from nov. 21st to this friday...
    11-04-09 08:56 PM
    Where to we email?

11-04-09 09:03 PM
    Enter your location

just scroll down to "Send an Email" and go from there
    11-04-09 09:05 PM
    Thanks. I think I put together a good email and we shall see. If they say no then I have just a 2 week wait.
    11-04-09 09:27 PM
    Thanks. I think I put together a good email and we shall see. If they say no then I have just a 2 week wait.
    Mind posting your email? What section did you leave it under?
    11-04-09 09:29 PM
    I left it under contract expiration date or something like that. I dont have the email it was a verizon service. I just had to give them my name, phone number and email address.
    11-04-09 09:34 PM
    Just got an email back from verizon and they approved my 2 week request. They cited me being with Verizon for several years and having a good history. Woot.
    11-05-09 12:54 AM
    I sent a request about the same time you did. Haven't heard back yet. I'm in the same boat. Eligible on the 2st. Please approve it. Maybe I will be able to get it tonight at midnight!

11-05-09 06:52 AM
    I just got off the phone with VZW customer service and am totally bummed now. My NE2 date is Nov. 11 and I asked if they could move it up to the 6th (5 freakin' days). I was told that I can upgrade on the 6th at the 2 year price, plus a $20 early upgrade fee; OR I can wait until the 11th and get the 2 year price less a $100 NE2 credit. WTF Verizon? It's 5 days.
    11-05-09 07:21 AM
    Just got an email back from verizon and they approved my 2 week request. They cited me being with Verizon for several years and having a good history. Woot.

Will this allow you to upgrade via a store or customer service? Customer service approved my early 'annual' upgrade, however stores will not honor it as the date was not changed on the system and its just notes on my account.
    11-05-09 10:21 AM
    In the email they said I could do either but I plan on ordering it online at midnight and have overnight shipping. I will hopefully have it by monday or tuesday.
    11-05-09 10:33 AM
    Question:

I have 4 lines on my plan and my mothers line is eligible for upgrade with the discount. Could I use that account to purchase the Droid then instead activate it on my line and get the insurance added?

11-05-09 12:11 PM
    Will this allow you to upgrade via a store or customer service? Customer service approved my early 'annual' upgrade, however stores will not honor it as the date was not changed on the system and its just notes on my account.
    I just called my local store and they have my upgrade as tomorrow so maybe ill stop in sometime and get it.
    11-05-09 12:17 PM
    I just got off the phone with VZW customer service and am totally bummed now. My NE2 date is Nov. 11 and I asked if they could move it up to the 6th (5 freakin' days). I was told that I can upgrade on the 6th at the 2 year price, plus a $20 early upgrade fee; OR I can wait until the 11th and get the 2 year price less a $100 NE2 credit. WTF Verizon? It's 5 days.
    You know that quote works both ways. As in "WTF it's only five days". Just wait the five days.
    11-05-09 12:21 PM
    if you call and tell them that ur phone is broken in some way and that it is effecting your service, ie: ur dropping calls and such because of it, they should change it for you.
    and yes u can use another lines upgrade and put it on ur number, ive done it many times
    11-05-09 01:10 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZW. My wifes 2 year upgrade is in March 2010. The dude comes out and says would you like for me to talk to my superviser and see if they will move your date for Nov 6. I said that would be spiffy. I waited about 5 minutes and he told me I was set and ready to go. He moved her 2 year upgrade to Nov 6. So DROID here I come.
    11-05-09 05:09 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZW. My wifes 2 year upgrade is in March 2010. The dude comes out and says would you like for me to talk to my superviser and see if they will move your date for Nov 6. I said that would be spiffy. I waited about 5 minutes and he told me I was set and ready to go. He moved her 2 year upgrade to Nov 6. So DROID here I come.
    WOW..so he said you can just goto the store and it should be ready to go?

I emailed verizon last night to no avail, they have yet to respond to my request.

Short while ago I called 611 again and gave them the sob story about my storm being cruddy and always having problems. The guy got a supervisor on the line, and he then went to talk to his supervisor (he mentioned how awesome the droid was in between). He comes back and says that I will get a call from him tomorrow and he will order the phone for me to arrive sometime next week. Now as much as that is 100 times better than waiting till Dec 1st, I wish I could still get the phone tomorrow and experience it sooner. Hopefully he doesnt bail on me and not call tomorrow. Then i'll really be p))sed...
    11-05-09 05:13 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD