OK so I just got a galaxy s 3 on Monday. Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me but a few times I noticed the screen would flicker to black for one mili second or something. It doesn't affect me but it does make me wonder if I got a bad device. If anyone knows anything I'd love to hear it. And yes it's brand new and has icecream sandwich on it.
    09-27-12 05:30 PM
    Like your home screen or does it flicker within an app? Sometimes on my widget laden home screen it takes a sec for the weather widget to load and it can appear to be a flicker. What exactly are you experiencing?
    09-27-12 05:58 PM
    Like anywhere. I think apps though. I mean it just seems like sometimes the screen will go black for like a milli second outta nowhere in things. Then back to whatever its on. Facebook and wherever. I Barely notice but it makes me wonder.
    09-27-12 06:11 PM
    Actually I just noticed it happened twice while I was typing just now ...
    09-27-12 10:12 PM
    Hmm that doesn't sound normal at all! Are you still in your return period?
    09-28-12 04:47 PM
    I never noticed any flicker whatsoever with mine.
    As pantless said, doesn't sound normal. Maybe a complete wipe and restore could fix the issue , if not, exchange/repair?
    09-28-12 05:56 PM
    I did a wipe. Same problem. Guess il try to exchange it
    09-30-12 09:40 AM
    see if you have smart stay check. It's in your settings um display. Maybe the camera doesn't capture you looking at the screen and it goes to turn off??
    09-30-12 03:15 PM
    I never had it on, I sent the phone back. hopefully they send me a new one now lol
    10-06-12 08:53 PM
    I never had it on, I sent the phone back. hopefully they send me a new one now lol

Update. I sent it back and they sent me a new one from Korea. I seem to get the same problem again. I must be doing something wrong? Wtf.
    10-18-12 02:04 AM
    Nope, I've got 5 of them here - all have this issue - they're all running different ROMs as well.
    10-24-12 10:56 PM
    Can you take a video of the screen flicker?
    10-25-12 10:32 AM
    The thing is this happens at random and very fast. So basically it might happen one out of every 5 times I go to type or just something completely random. I guess I'm waiting for a 3rd one now..
    10-25-12 06:01 PM
    The thing is this happens at random and very fast. So basically it might happen one out of every 5 times I go to type or just something completely random. I guess I'm waiting for a 3rd one now..
    The whole "I've got 5 doing the same" thing lead you to... get another? It appears to be an issue with the phone itself, not the specific one you have.
    10-25-12 06:12 PM
    you might want to try updating to the JB release. I believe that will fix the issue.
    10-29-12 12:48 PM
    on 3rd one... didnt even download any apps... just got it yesterday.... STILL SAME FCKING PROBLEM
    10-31-12 10:48 AM
    on 3rd one... didnt even download any apps... just got it yesterday.... STILL SAME FCKING PROBLEM
    I had some occasional ones but I have not had them after upgrading to JellyBean update from Sprint.
    10-31-12 03:39 PM
    What rom should I flash?
    11-03-12 07:55 PM
    sorry to hear that.. but very oddy, You got 3rd lime phone in 30million SG3 phone users. Let me guess 99% of 30million peoples are happy/ satisfy w/ their SG3 phone, MMMM*..
    11-04-12 04:11 PM
    umm....... ok..
    11-05-12 12:45 PM
    That sucks enze, did you inquire about the problem on android central? There might be a fix over there. I have a couple friends with the S3 and haven't heard them complain about this. Their issue seems to be bad reception on calls. One is returning their S3 and getting the iphone 5.
    11-05-12 12:59 PM
    What rom should I flash?
    I did not flash a ROM. I have Sprint and the released an Official Jelly Bean update. If you head over to XDA-Developers.com you will find quite a few ROMs you can try that are JB based. You will need to go to the section for your carrier of course.
    11-05-12 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD