Galaxy Note 2 for dummies?
First off i need to point out i basically tech stupid when it comes to phones! So any answer that uses technical terms will only confuse me more.
Just switched from blackberry to the new Note 2 and this phone is WAY over my head. Before anyone asked WHY I got it ,I want to point out I got it because I was talked into a killer deal from loyalty and and stupidly was swayed by the thought of getting this expensive phone for basically the price of an old flip phone
So now I have spent all week scanning the net looking for simple answers to basic questions but everywhere I look never really answers the basics. I guess that's because most people nowadays knows the basics like " what does this icon " and " what is that function mean and or do". I don't know what about 80% of the instructions or descriptions on the phone screen mean. I even try cross referencing words from the screen to google search and still no clear answers.
So basically I need to know if anything exists where a person can go that is ike a handbook for dummies that describes features and exactly what they mean and what they do, and how they work, for the Galaxy Note 2 ? The instruction book was USELESS and the regular forums online are mostly people talking a foreign language of tech to me. I need a handbook that goes something like this " the little blue phone icon you see in top strip is telling you the phone is then able to send out a call over your wifi. If the blue phone is NOT showing it means your call is is not going to connect to wifi...... even though your phone says wifi is turned on". It took me 3 days to figure that one out because i thought if wifi was turned on and it said connected, it actually meant connected and calls would route through wifi. I mean previously on my old phone you were connected or NOT. There was no inbetween .
I Need a zillion answers for features so asking each and every one isn't really an option. Especially when I need every answer dumbed down.
- 12-09-12, 07:33 AM #2
Re: Galaxy Note 2 for dummies?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
- CrackBerry Addict
12-12-12, 09:09 AM #4
- 595 Posts
Re: Galaxy Note 2 for dummies?
Note 2 is a terrific device if you don't mind the size. Best way is to search on YouTube things you want to do. That's what I did for my first Android and Playbook. Once you know, it becomes very easy
Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
I just can't believe this phone has all these functions and yet no MASTER manual with every possible function listed !
- 12-12-12, 11:11 AM #6
- 12-12-12, 06:31 PM #8
1) Long pressing on an icon will allow you to move it around or delete it (by dragging it to the trash icon)
2) Long pressing on an empty section of your home screen will bring up a Menu to change wallpapers, add Widgets, etc.
3) Basically, long pressing generally will bring up menu functions, depending on the app and/or widget your using.
4)Pinch to Zoom (in an outward motion) will bring up the Homescreen edit page..allowing you to add or remove the number of "home screens" (these are the screens you see when you swipe left or right).
5) Get rid of the stock Samsung keyboard and install Swiftkey (either the paid or free version). I've found the stock Samsung keyboard to have horrendous auto-correct, and Swiftkey also gives you the option to voice to text in pretty much any application.
6) Long pressing on either the Menu key or the Back key (can't remember which), will bring up Google Now
These are some basics that hopefully will help you in some way. If you can think of anything specific to ask, feel free. With Android (as in life), there are no stupid questions lol..
- By woodyuk in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-09-08, 01:55 PM
- By jhard in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 2Last Post: 03-23-08, 11:14 PM
- By jpeters1015 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 22Last Post: 03-11-08, 07:48 PM
- By neecie peecie in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 8Last Post: 03-11-08, 05:41 PM
- By Daruba in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 02-18-08, 10:57 PM