CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Galaxy note 2. 4g

Just got my note2 yesterday and I'm a mess figuring it out! One thing inparticular is the who,e wifi, edge, 3g, 4g mess!

First off this new expensive phone will barely stay connected to my wifi. My old phones held a signal quite well all over the house but the note 2 pretty much drops if I am note pretty close. Secondly my connection aleays shows EDGE, when not on wifi. Am I missing something? Is there a certain set up or setting I maybe did or didn't change? why no 3g ? Other older phones got 3g so why not this one?
    And last but not least..... Justa few minutes ago I decided to heck with the whole wifi thing and disconnected altogether from wifi. I clicked off the wifi button and proceded pushing buttons to send a text message to someone. Now I am still getting the hang of this phone so I might have pushed a few extra buttons ..... But then there it was plain as day..... 4G was looking right at me instead of EDGE! So then I was thinking " yeah baby" ..... Only then i proceded to text a message and the stupid thing then reverted and said EDGE again!

SO HOW DID I GET 4G?????????? I was looking on the net after that and it said something about no 4g until possibly some update????
    Well how come I had the 4g icon staring at me until i actually went in and texting?

So confusing.... Miss my Blackberry
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,313 Global Posts
    PIN
    8900 for sale

Quote Originally Posted by SandAngel View Post
    Just got my note2 yesterday and I'm a mess figuring it out! One thing inparticular is the who,e wifi, edge, 3g, 4g mess!

First off this new expensive phone will barely stay connected to my wifi. My old phones held a signal quite well all over the house but the note 2 pretty much drops if I am note pretty close. Secondly my connection aleays shows EDGE, when not on wifi. Am I missing something? Is there a certain set up or setting I maybe did or didn't change? why no 3g ? Other older phones got 3g so why not this one?
    And last but not least..... Justa few minutes ago I decided to heck with the whole wifi thing and disconnected altogether from wifi. I clicked off the wifi button and proceded pushing buttons to send a text message to someone. Now I am still getting the hang of this phone so I might have pushed a few extra buttons ..... But then there it was plain as day..... 4G was looking right at me instead of EDGE! So then I was thinking " yeah baby" ..... Only then i proceded to text a message and the stupid thing then reverted and said EDGE again!

SO HOW DID I GET 4G?????????? I was looking on the net after that and it said something about no 4g until possibly some update????
    Well how come I had the 4g icon staring at me until i actually went in and texting?

So confusing.... Miss my Blackberry
    Whoa! I don't get this. You didn't mention about carrier... So, what kind of carrier you using GNOTEII?
    • • T-MO GN II • 4G • FanDROID • •
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Does Vodafone get 4G? They do right? Argh, I keep weaving in and out of this section, and BB. I don't know what phone I want.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by VIDGMER View Post
    Whoa! I don't get this. You didn't mention about carrier... So, what kind of carrier you using GNOTEII?

I am on tmobile.

I went into a store yesterday and had them check out my phone. All sales people agreed my phone was doing freaky things they never saw before. They did a factory reset and everything is working correctly now.

The only thing I found to be still wacky was my wifi. BUT apparantly from looking online quite a few people have the same issue... Which is the note2 doesn't seem to hold onto the "wifi calling ready " option. Personally I can't go more then about 20 feet away from my wifi before it drops.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,313 Global Posts
    PIN
    8900 for sale

Default just updated to 4.1.2 and now I have 4g LTE

Galaxy note 2.    4g-b_051413.jpg
    RECENTLY updated to 4.1.2 and now have 4G LTE, WHOOOO!
    • • T-MO GN II • 4G • FanDROID • •