One of the reasons I now consider HTC phones over others is because of the build quality. Really liking the aluminum ubibody design they'be been putting into their phones now. It feels a lot better than the plastic build of other phones like the Galaxy S phones.

The iPhone has always had good build quality as well but the 4/4s are made out of glass and one drop on solid ground means its u gotta get it fixed at the Apple store. IMO Apple should stick to the more durable aluminum body like they did with the first iPhone. It'll feel just as premium but it'll be much more durable. Steve Jobs must've had them make the iPhone from glass as a way of getting more money from people breaking their iPhones lol.
    10-23-11 10:25 PM
    One of the reasons I now consider HTC phones over others is because of the build quality. Really liking the aluminum ubibody design they'be been putting into their phones now. It feels a lot better than the plastic build of other phones like the Galaxy S phones.

The iPhone has always had good build quality as well but the 4/4s are made out of glass and one drop on solid ground means its u gotta get it fixed at the Apple store. IMO Apple should stick to the more durable aluminum body like they did with the first iPhone. It'll feel just as premium but it'll be much more durable. Steve Jobs must've had them make the iPhone from glass as a way of getting more money from people breaking their iPhones lol.
    Surprisingly, I dropped my iPhone from 6+ feet in the air and it didn't crack at all, only chipped the back bottom left corner of the glass and scratched the antenna. I watched it roll and bounce off of concrete. My heart almost stopped lol.

On the other hand I have also seen other videos of people dropping it and it shatters. I dropped that phone many times on concrete/wood floors/tile and nothing. I have a feeling I am just real lucky lol. /knocks on wood

I do prefer a metal design though. I am hoping the iPhone 5 has the aluminum design like my MacBook Pro.
    10-23-11 10:50 PM
    What? You got kidding me?

Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Test:

Mmmm.. You can example this?
    10-23-11 10:53 PM
    Plastic phones last just as long and will probably shatter their glass less because they are generally lighter. A 3gs face drop will more than likely shatter it as well. Gorilla glass on the front of the Galaxy S II and the fact that it's very light is the key to its durability. The original Droid was metal but it was a heavy uncomfortable phone. To each his own with regard to feel but I would not necessarily equate metal with better durability because you have the weight factor to take into account.
    10-24-11 02:18 AM
    Here's another demo (in italian) of the Nexus. Looks pretty slick imo..

10-24-11 12:09 PM
    Here's another demo (in italian) of the Nexus. Looks pretty slick imo..

Very nice. It's definitely going to be a great Nexus device.
    10-24-11 12:21 PM
    I love my Bold 9930 but if I ever went to another platform it would be android.

They still have the ability to swap batteries, give us a choice of keyboard or not, they tend to have a larger screen (even the Torch full screen has a 3.7 vs. iP4s 3.5), they use universal standards so in a pinch you could share the USB cable with someone else and some droids support NFC. I think this is going to catch-up with Asia and become huge in the U.S.

Also, Google driven androids have tended to be more open and welcoming to other players where I see apple has begun placing restrictive policies on app developers. Such as the Kindle and Google Book apps, that have taken away the buy button on the app as a result of apple trying to get people to buy from their iBooks store. When they chose not to support flash some said it was to help the user experience and as strange as that may seem I could listen to someone making a case for this but to restric (not eliminate, just make it harder for users) competitors that already had a capability is not cool. I'm not an apple hater but I just don't want to give my business to a company that behaves this way.

It just seems that android is more open and competes purely on capabilities and not trying to sue people every day. I used to be a big apple fan and had a macbook and iPhone but I think maybe the company learned the wrong lessons from their near death experience at the hands of Microsoft. It seems Steve Jobs hated android and said he would destroy it according to the book being published on his life.

In the meantime I will stick with my Grand Piano Like keyboard and wish android well.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 10-24-11 at 12:42 PM.
    10-24-11 12:34 PM
    The Galaxy Nexus looks awesome. If I didn't already have a Sensation I woukd either wait for that or get a Galaxy S2. No point in me buying either since I already like my phone and just bought it in the summer. Will wait till next summer for some quad core goodness.
    10-24-11 04:45 PM

Link

see SGSIII specs and runs ICS OS which are AWESOME! I can't wait to upgrading SGSIII event in 2012 instead of get Galaxy Nexus Prime. Galaxy Nexus Prime spec will become a dinosaur in 6 months or so..

The Galaxy Nexus looks awesome. If I didn't already have a Sensation I woukd either wait for that or get a Galaxy S2. No point in me buying either since I already like my phone and just bought it in the summer. Will wait till next summer for some quad core goodness.
    I am glad that didnt buy HTC sensation few months ago. why? all people included me were told by HTC Ceo acknowledged that HTC android phones have a poorly battery life & can't figure it solve meanwhile Walt Mossberg had interviewed with HTC CEO last year. Mmmm.

Like few months ago, HTC CEO announced that next phones will build by plastic, no longer aluminum! if dont believed me, then go directly google it for yourself..
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 10-24-11 at 09:17 PM.
    10-24-11 09:14 PM
    Yea Samsung and Moto Android devices have always had the best battery life stock.
    10-24-11 09:54 PM
    Click to view quoted image
    Link

see SGSIII specs and runs ICS OS which are AWESOME! I can't wait to upgrading SGSIII event in 2012 instead of get Galaxy Nexus Prime. Galaxy Nexus Prime spec will become a dinosaur in 6 months or so..

I am glad that didnt buy HTC sensation few months ago. why? all people included me were told by HTC Ceo acknowledged that HTC android phones have a poorly battery life & can't figure it solve meanwhile Walt Mossberg had interviewed with HTC CEO last year. Mmmm.

Like few months ago, HTC CEO announced that next phones will build by plastic, no longer aluminum! if dont believed me, then go directly google it for yourself..
    I get good battery life on my Sensation. In fact, if you read reviews, all the dual core HTC phones have been praised for having good battery life. HTC was always notorious for their bad battery lives in phones but they've changed that with the Sensation, Amaze, Evo 3D and MyTouch 4G Slide.

And the Nexus is always surpassed by newer devices which also get surpassed. My thing from now on is to buy a phone then upgrade at least 12 months later. No point in upgrading from single core to single core or dual core to dual core since the hardware is very similar. I made that mistake before. I'm enjoying my Sensation now and will look forward to the quad core phones that come out next year, primarily considering HTC and Samsung.
    VIDGMER and Rickroller like this.
    10-24-11 11:17 PM
    No point in upgrading from single core to single core or dual core to dual core since the hardware is very similar. I made that mistake before.
    I really admire your quote of this!

I get good battery life on my Sensation. In fact, if you read reviews, all the dual core HTC phones have been praised for having good battery life. HTC was always notorious for their bad battery lives in phones but they've changed that with the Sensation, Amaze, Evo 3D and MyTouch 4G Slide.
    I am very glad to hear that you are happy with Sensation's battery life.. But I always visiting t mobile community forum, Sensation users are mostly complaints about battery life issues. And have seen ex- HTC Sensation users spoke out against HTC on tech bloggers such as engadget, Bgr on and on about poorly battery life..

However I will google it about the certain reviews of HTC Sensation and find what the result. Many thanks...

just stick & enjoy your beautiful Sensation 4G, you are happy with great battery life.
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 10-24-11 at 11:49 PM.
    10-24-11 11:45 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD