So, tonight I was on my phone giving discharge instructions to my nurses for a patient. As I was getting into my car, the bluetooth kicked in and my 9930 decided to shut off and refuse to turn back on. Finally, after 6 battery pulls and 20 minutes of it being stuck on the BlackBerry loading screen, it decides to turn back on. Luckily, my nurses aren't idiots and got the job done. Unluckily, I'm stuck with a stupid "smartphone" that has brought me nothing but frustrations. I just don't see the love affair that people have with BB. I loved my old Curve, but this Bold is nowhere near a step forward.

Long story short. Would anyone like to trade a Galaxy Nexus for a Verizon 9930 plus cash? I'd like to get back on Android. An OS that actually knows how to not be stupid.

Thank you.
    phonejunky likes this.
    03-29-12 04:23 AM
    don't do it.. I have both.. if u r into messaging and being connected.. don't do it. display is a joke. still not readable in normal daylight and so on.. bat power even worse than 9900, no unified inbox, programs crash, slow, stuttering animations and so on..
    03-29-12 04:34 AM
    don't do it.. I have both.. if u r into messaging and being connected.. don't do it. display is a joke. still not readable in normal daylight and so on.. bat power even worse than 9900, no unified inbox, programs crash, slow, stuttering animations and so on..
    Well before coming back to BB, I was on all sorts of Android devices and loved them all. This was just kind of the last straw in a string of weird issues that really shouldn't be issues this day and age. I know people love the 9930, but I'm just not one of them.
    03-29-12 05:00 AM
    Good luck. I don't know why anyone would consider trading what is arguably the best Android phone on the market, for (ugh) a BB.
    lssanjose likes this.
    03-29-12 07:14 AM
    Then you have a bad Nexus.....been there...done that with a Nexus and it's a power house! You can't see the screen in sunlight? Open your eyes and stop squinting!
    03-29-12 08:10 AM
    Buy one off contract and sell your BB on ebay or craigslist, I am sure you will find a sucker out there willing to buy it. 1SaleADay has a 16GB Unlocked Note for $549 today, otherwise you should be able to get a Nexus for around that price.
    03-29-12 08:51 AM
    don't do it.. I have both.. if u r into messaging and being connected.. don't do it. display is a joke.
    Display is a joke? It is one of the nicest displays on the market. The 9900 screen looks like garbage compared to this screen.

still not readable in normal daylight and so on..
    BS. I was reading articles on the beach in Florida with this thing. Direct sunlight.

bat power even worse than 9900
    Actually, seems battery life is similar to the 9900. Considering the Nexus is dual core, has a 4.65inch screen and is a device that is much more capable, the battery life is much more acceptable. Oh yea, 4G.

no unified inbox, programs crash, slow, stuttering animations and so on..
    Not everyone cares about a unified inbox. I like to keep my messages separate. I have not had one force close on me besides the Android Market when it was updating to Google Play.

The phone is not slow at all. There is no lag, no hiccups. The animations are not slow either, but you can turn those off anyway.

Sounds to me like you had no clue what you are doing with Android or you are just making up a line of BS. There are people here who actually own this device and reviews all over the internet that prove most of what you say wrong.

The 9900 is not in the same league as the Galaxy Nexus. The 9900 is in the same league as phones from 2010.
    Last edited by avt123; 03-29-12 at 10:31 AM.
    phonejunky, ibcop and lssanjose like this.
    03-29-12 10:28 AM
    I think this post is a joke. You just described the my Blackberry experiences and not one I have had with the Nexus.
    03-30-12 11:19 AM
    The Galaxy Nexus is a great phone. That dude is on crack(berry).
    phonejunky likes this.
    03-30-12 03:53 PM
    ..., no unified inbox, programs crash, slow, stuttering animations and so on..
    There's no unified inbox with the Default mail app, as well as the Gmail mail app. You can however, use K9 Mail if you still prefer a unified inbox.
    I used to enjoy the unified inbox when I had a blackberry for several years. I now prefer to have my accounts separate.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    03-30-12 10:12 PM
    There's no unified inbox with the Default mail app, as well as the Gmail mail app. You can however, use K9 Mail if you still prefer a unified inbox.
    I used to enjoy the unified inbox when I had a blackberry for several years. I now prefer to have my accounts separate.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Ditto.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    03-30-12 10:16 PM
    So I went back to my LG Revolution. Even this mid range under powered Android device is better than the blackberry flagship.

I'm waiting for the next big Android on Verizon.

Sent from my LG Revolution using Tapatalk
    03-30-12 10:51 PM
    So I went back to my LG Revolution. Even this mid range under powered Android device is better than the blackberry flagship.
    I'm waiting for the next big Android on Verizon.
    Good choice. If you read this, Research In Motion is dead, it sounds like BB, as we know it, isn't much longer for this world.
    03-31-12 07:47 AM
    even the so called best blackberry on the market has no redeeming qualities except if you're in India or some other third world country. I seriously doubt anyone would give up an android device for a blackberry, that's like taking 10 steps back.
    phonejunky likes this.
    03-31-12 12:12 PM
    even the so called best blackberry on the market has no redeeming qualities except if you're in India or some other third world country. I seriously doubt anyone would give up an android device for a blackberry, that's like taking 10 steps back.
    People do go back, simply either because they can't hack it without a keyboard, or they use their phones for nothing more than messaging. And some people are just gluttons for punishment..
    lssanjose likes this.
    03-31-12 01:51 PM
    there's supposed to be an ota update to 4.0.4 for the Nexus. when I check for an update-- it says i'm up to date (i'm on 4.0.1) any way to do a go-around? K
    03-31-12 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD