I know it's probably got an official name but I don't know it.

Anyway my friend has a thunderbolt and she can text from her speaking into her phone.

Anyone know what it's called and if the G2X will have it?

Any other super cool secret features the G2X has that is unique to it?
    04-16-11 10:26 AM
    It's called "speech to text" and every Android device has it. Virtually anything that you can type you can use this feature with, search, text, IM, email ect.

Yes the G2X will have this feature

BTW I just saw a G2X review and it looks like pretty damn nice device. Vanilla Android FTW..
    Last edited by JD914; 04-16-11 at 11:08 AM.
    K Bear likes this.
    04-16-11 10:57 AM
    yeah i've only had the mytouch 4g and wasn't impressed plus i heard that touchwiz is kinda a rip off of iphone. i do love iphone but i also prefer to design my own UI...
    04-16-11 11:20 AM
    yeah i've only had the mytouch 4g and wasn't impressed plus i heard that touchwiz is kinda a rip off of iphone. i do love iphone but i also prefer to design my own UI...
    Well the G2X comes with no carrier OS skin and is stock Android so you can customize it to your liking. Yes Touchwiz is a iPhone imposter skin. The GX2 will be available on the 20th of this month. If I were on Tmobile I would choose this over any Samsung device, the build quality and specs are very impressive.

04-16-11 11:25 AM
    yeah i was holding out for the galaxy S2 but since I can't find a nailed down release date, i'm going for the G2X. I get it next weekend. Can't wait!
    04-16-11 11:35 AM
    yeah i was holding out for the galaxy S2 but since I can't find a nailed down release date, i'm going for the G2X. I get it next weekend. Can't wait!
    I think this is a good choice, very rarely does a pure Google device come out, none the less, one with these impressive specs. TheGX2 has everything a high Android device should have. If and when you get it, let us know how you like it. Good luck.
    04-16-11 11:43 AM
    For sure! Like I said before I've had android before and I wasn't impressed so I'm going for the big guns here. I figure if the g2x can't impress me nothing will lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 01:27 PM
    just came from TMO and they had the demo behind the counter. the rep let me play with it since i told him i wanted it. omg...i can't believe i have to wait 4 more days to get it!
    04-16-11 02:52 PM
    just came from TMO and they had the demo behind the counter. the rep let me play with it since i told him i wanted it. omg...i can't believe i have to wait 4 more days to get it!
    Wow cool! Don't worry 4 days will fly by fast.
    04-16-11 02:55 PM
    yeah he said they only had 20 of them so i voiced my concern about them being sold out by the time the weekend comes and i can get to the store.

he said if i promise to come back to that store and get it through him, he'll put one aside for me.

/SQUEAL

most girls get this excited about a new dress. i get this excited about new technology.
    04-16-11 05:28 PM
    Oh, ollie! I remember you now lol. I posted on a thread about problems you were having with your MT4G. I'm glad you're giving android another shot. I can't believe what horrible advice you were given by a T-Mo rep. The MT4G is an amazing phone, and that T-Mo rep failed bigtime. If you have probs with your G2X be sure to consult this forum first before giving up .
    04-17-11 11:21 AM
    You know, the more I read about this phone, the more I want it!
    04-17-11 12:03 PM
    i get this excited about new technology.
    There should be more women like yourself.
    04-17-11 12:45 PM
    There should be more women like yourself.
    I'm one, too. Gadget geek girls rock!
    K Bear likes this.
    04-17-11 12:50 PM
    If I was still with T-Mobile, this would be a phone I would get. The G2X is a beast device that any girl would love.
    04-17-11 03:07 PM
    I'm one, too. Gadget geek girls rock!
    LET'S BE GEEK FRIENDS! lol...

come on over, we'll play PS3 and Nintendo!

My accountant called today and said there's an issue with my taxes so I might not get my refund this weekend. Ugh! no refund = no phone.

04-17-11 08:56 PM
    The G2X has the same reception issues as the iPhone4 did when first released. If you grip it at all near the bottom or center it will drop calls and lose complete reception. My boss got one early for attending a meeting he was required to go to anyway and noticed the problem severely and immediately. It's also hideous with the screen being way too small for how large the face is. It gives WAY too much room for the function keys and looks absurdly stupid because of this. It's also LG, so that says enough...
    04-19-11 03:07 PM
    The G2X has the same reception issues as the iPhone4 did when first released. If you grip it at all near the bottom or center it will drop calls and lose complete reception. My boss got one early for attending a meeting he was required to go to anyway and noticed the problem severely and immediately. It's also hideous with the screen being way too small for how large the face is. It gives WAY too much room for the function keys and looks absurdly stupid because of this. It's also LG, so that says enough...
    It won C Net's editors choice award

T-Mobile G2x Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Your boss has one...nuff said

I'll listen to what professional reviewers have to say but thanks for your "absurdly stupid" first hand review
    Last edited by JD914; 04-19-11 at 03:25 PM.
    04-19-11 03:22 PM
    It may just be a bum device, it happens with any and all mass produced items, as quality control can only go so far, but one "first hand" bad experience being so close to me is more than enough for me not to back it. Either way, it's worth putting out there for people to decide for themselves.
    04-19-11 03:39 PM
    yeah i'm gonna go with the experts here. I had an iphone 4 for 6 months and never had an issue with reception. i'm sure if it's THAT big a deal the warranty department will do their jobs.

i got a hands on look yesterday and i thought it looked great! i'm not into those phones with huge screens. the size is perfect for me.

so excited to get it!
    04-19-11 08:13 PM
    Another thing I'd question is are these reviews actually based on use and time tested experience, or just initial impressions when handled for a day at the most? I never take the "professional" reviews to mean anything more than something worthy of wiping my arse with after a good out. Ebert can give it as many thumbs up as he wants, but my taste is much more refined.
    04-20-11 12:09 PM
    Another thing I'd question is are these reviews actually based on use and time tested experience, or just initial impressions when handled for a day at the most? I never take the "professional" reviews to mean anything more than something worthy of wiping my arse with after a good out. Ebert can give it as many thumbs up as he wants, but my taste is much more refined.
    I'll take a objective review over some childish fayboy's opinion any day as I know many here are smart enough to do the same.
    04-20-11 12:23 PM
    It may just be a bum device, it happens with any and all mass produced items, as quality control can only go so far, but one "first hand" bad experience being so close to me is more than enough for me not to back it. Either way, it's worth putting out there for people to decide for themselves.
    You don't know a g0ddamn thing, don't own one and have zer0 experience with this device.
    04-20-11 12:25 PM
    Ollie Girl, I'm really hoping you'll come back and give us your impressions of the G2X when you get it. Give it a "real world" review for us. Put to bed my worries of the reception issues maybe. I'd really appreciate that! The release date is today, so you should have it soon!!! yay!
    04-20-11 01:44 PM
    Ollie Girl, I'm really hoping you'll come back and give us your impressions of the G2X when you get it. Give it a "real world" review for us. Put to bed my worries of the reception issues maybe. I'd really appreciate that! The release date is today, so you should have it soon!!! yay!
    I'm picking one up after work, as well. Can't wait!
    04-20-11 02:59 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD