To start out, I am really considering leaving Verizon, because they are pissing me off like no other, I mean I can't even sleep because of how pissed off they made me. I apologize for my rant, but here it goes. The day was good, I got my droid yesterday, but due to me not being home they dropped it off at the main office of my apartments, so I got it this morning, powered it on, everything was great. After a few hours, the phone died, I figured it was just because it was not charged and I had important errands to run so I just said oh well, I'll charge it when I get home. Well I got home and put it on the charger for a bit, and decided to go to a buddies house so I brought the charger with me. At this point the phone is already dead, so I plugged it in at his house and hung out for a while waiting to show him my new phone. It never turned back on. I called up the 1-800 number and they had me do a few things nothing worked so they said take it to a verizon store and they will replace it. So we headed up to the verizon store to find out that the phone was infact broken (from what they told me) but they did not have any more incredibles. They sent me all the way across town to a store that had about 10 left, we made it in a little less than an hour, they decided to play around with it and got it to turn on. They told me the battery was just dead and to charge it. So what do I do? I go BACK to my buddies and charge it for about 2 hours and 45 minutes. I figure hey, thats been enough time lets check it out. Didn't turn on. At this point, I am getting very frustrated with all the crap going on. I call up the 1-800 number again and explain everything, only to find out the soonest they can get me another phone is Tuesday if the shop doesn't replace it. They put it on my notes that if the problem continues to come back and they will fix it again. It's been charging for about 5 hours now, and still wont turn on. I got it on once for about 6 minutes, then shut off. I am seriously thinking about giving verizon the finger and leaving to go some where else. I have NEVER experienced such a headache, problems with this company, It's obvious there is a problem, but yet they refuse to replace it? I just spent 200+ dollars on this POS phone why the **** would I want a new phone when I JUST got it yesterday. Apparently no one else can solve this issue, so i'll be there right when that store opens tomorrow and if they don't give me another phone I am going to unleash on them.

Thanks for listening .

So how's all your guys' incredibles?
    04-30-10 02:39 AM
    You might just have a bad battery or charger. Did the store try putting the battery from there display model in your phone to see if it would power up? If not have them do that it after installing a known charged battery in the phone if it still wont power up they have to replace it or the battery if it proves defective you have a 30 day exchange policy on the phone. I would have left the phone at the store and tell the store mgr to charge the battery and power it up and once its up and running you will come pick it up. If its broken and wont power up they will have to replace it.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 04-30-10 at 10:15 AM.
    04-30-10 03:02 AM
    I got it this morning, powered it on, everything was great. After a few hours, the phone died...

I'll be there right when that store opens tomorrow and if they don't give me another phone I am going to unleash on them.

Thanks for listening .
    Your mistake was not charging it fully before using it and discharging the battery to the point you're at now. When you finally do get a replacement, do yourself a favor and charge it fully before using it, even if you have to use your old phone till it's charged.

EDIT: I thought this was going to be a "just kidding, the incredible is the shiznet and the BEST phone ever" kind of thread.
    Last edited by xliderider; 04-30-10 at 06:09 AM.
    04-30-10 03:24 AM
    I totally understand you are upset though.

Let me tell you what happened today...

I got a speeding ticket driving to work. Oh, I was upset at everything and everyone, especially the police officer who gave me the ticket for going 16 MPH over the 50 MPH speed limit where EVERYONE speeds. Why didn't he let me off with just a warning! Then it was the 18 wheeler's fault, because he was going so slow in front of me and when I finally got a chance to pass him, that was when the cop nabbed me with his laser speed gun. And the sneaky Guy was hiding in the shadows of an overpass where I didn't see him till he was waving me to pull over.

But no matter how much I b!tch and moan, ultimately it is my fault that I was speeding. Right?

In your case, you screwed up by not following directions and charging the battery fully before using the phone. It always says to do that in the instructions. You are lucky, whether you see it that way or not. You get a do over, because Verizon will give you a replacement phone.

I won't be so lucky...
    Last edited by xliderider; 04-30-10 at 06:15 AM.
    04-30-10 03:32 AM
    I totally understand you are upset though.

Let me tell you what happened today...

I got a speeding ticket driving to work. Oh, I was upset at everything and everyone, especially the police officer who gave me the ticket for going 16 MPH over the 50 MPH speed limit where EVERYONE speeds. Why didn't he let me off with just a warning! Then it was the 18 wheeler's fault, because he was going so slow in front of me and when I finally got a chance to pass him, that was when the cop nabbed me with his laser speed gun. And the sneaky Guy was hiding in the shadows of an overpass where I didn't see him till he was waving me to pull over.

But no matter how much I b!tch and moan, ultimately it is my fault that I was speeding. Right?

In your case, you screwed up by not following directions and charging the battery fully before using the phone. It always says to do that in the instructions. You are lucky, whether you see it that way or not. You get a do over, because Verizon will give you a replacement phone.

I won't be so lucky...
    Nothing like adding salt to his wounds...you have been ZERO help to anyone on this thread...thanks.

As for the OP, I understand your frustration. My Incredible has three burned out pixels and for whatever reason cannot get Yahoo mail or seem to hold its charge very well either.
    04-30-10 06:34 AM
    dont think anyone can help you if you have a defective phone. Very misleading title to this thread though. Just saying.
    04-30-10 07:22 AM
    Sorry man you had such a bad experience. Give the Incredible a chance. It is the best smartphone I have ever had...and I have had quite a few.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 07:25 AM
    I'd take it back to the store and get a new one.

04-30-10 09:04 AM
    I call BS on it being his fault that he didn't first "FULLY" charge the battery. Most people don't. "Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days."

Charging lithium-ion batteries
    04-30-10 09:25 AM
    first i'm waiting for the part where the incredible is the worst phone ever.... second i'm guessing you just got a defective phone. I didn't charge my phone until i got home last night and played with it through out the day and i didn't have the problem. your just super anxious to play with the phone thats why your upset. Be mad at vzw not htc.....
    04-30-10 09:39 AM
    I call BS on it being his fault that he didn't first "FULLY" charge the battery. Most people don't. "Lithium-ion is a very clean system and does not need priming as nickel-based batteries do. The 1st charge is no different to the 5th or the 50th charge. Stickers instructing to charge the battery for 8 hours or more for the first time may be a leftover from the nickel battery days."

Charging lithium-ion batteries
    Thank you, I have NEVER done that with any of my previous smart phones. I appreciate all the replies, but for some reason verizon refused to give me a new phone because they got it to work. So if they refuse to give me a new one today, I'm just going to tell them to return the phone, and cancel my service. I've had enough of this run around crap.
    04-30-10 09:41 AM
    I don't think its his fault either. Its a BRAND SPANKING NEW SHINEY NO SCRATCH ON THE PHONE. VZW should have replaced it with no ?'s asked. But here is where we are at. So many moochers are unsatisfied with thier new phones they won't a new one. Remember the Tour? I had one. People were taking them back because the door wiggled a little, the screen messed up when you pressed on it (your not supose to mash on the screen you dummies),ect. Now they try everything to fix a new phone when it really is broken. Hope you get your Incredible fixed man. Best to you ya.
    04-30-10 09:41 AM
    Thank you, I have NEVER done that with any of my previous smart phones. I appreciate all the replies, but for some reason verizon refused to give me a new phone because they got it to work. So if they refuse to give me a new one today, I'm just going to tell them to return the phone, and cancel my service. I've had enough of this run around crap.
    Now did they get it work? Are you saying they got it to turn on and then 10 minutes later the problem returned? Take it back to the store, same store if possible and tell them what happened. There is no way they wont replace the phone for you unless this store is filled with the worst CS people in the history of Verizon. I wouldnt go bolting to another carrier for this one issue. The grass is NEVER greener on the other side.

Also, if they wont replace it then just flat out return it. Make sure the return your eligibility to your line. Walk out and go to another VZ store or BB and buy it there.
    04-30-10 09:45 AM
    Now did they get it work? Are you saying they got it to turn on and then 10 minutes later the problem returned? Take it back to the store, same store if possible and tell them what happened. There is no way they wont replace the phone for you unless this store is filled with the worst CS people in the history of Verizon. I wouldnt go bolting to another carrier for this one issue. The grass is NEVER greener on the other side.

Also, if they wont replace it then just flat out return it. Make sure the return your eligibility to your line. Walk out and go to another VZ store or BB and buy it there.
    They got it to turn on, they said the battery was just so dead it needs to be charged. So I went home and charged it, didn't work. It's been charging all night, and still wont power up this morning. However they noted my account so if I still have problems to come back today. I'll be there first thing to get a new one, I know they only have a few left.

I don't think its his fault either. Its a BRAND SPANKING NEW SHINEY NO SCRATCH ON THE PHONE. VZW should have replaced it with no ?'s asked. But here is where we are at. So many moochers are unsatisfied with thier new phones they won't a new one. Remember the Tour? I had one. People were taking them back because the door wiggled a little, the screen messed up when you pressed on it (your not supose to mash on the screen you dummies),ect. Now they try everything to fix a new phone when it really is broken. Hope you get your Incredible fixed man. Best to you ya.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I however don't look for a replacement phone, I hate getting them because I loose all info and it pisses me off. They had to replace my storm THREE times. I'm not to worried about it this time cause I don't have anything on it really, but still, its the fact of having to go through the crap to get it done.
    04-30-10 09:51 AM
    I got to play around with a friends Incredible today. I have the Droid. The HTC is very very nice and smooth. Not any reasons for me to leave my Droid, but give it a chance.

Problems will occur on a fresh release, and similar though, not exact problems were present during the release of the Droid. You'll get it worked out and once you get an Incredible that works, you will more than likely love it.

As for getting a replacement, the nice thing about htese google phones is changing phones or reinstalling info is seamless and easy. Just boot it up and enter your account info, nothing else to do except set up your screens.
    04-30-10 09:59 AM
    You have to realize...the phone was just released to the public. Everyone wants one...there are going to be a few problems.
    Give them a chance to get a few more in stock...tell them to replace it and yes...fully charge the battery.
    Should it work anyways? Yep...you bet. And I understand your plight.
    But if you're the first in line for anything be prepared to work out some bugs and/or issues including store inventory. That's why I always wait a month or so...so this stuff irons out and inventory levels can regulate.
    04-30-10 10:00 AM
    boooooooo!

*throws tomatos and rotten eggs at op for misleading title*

your issue is with vzw, not the phone.
    04-30-10 10:02 AM
    I know but the thing that upset me is they treated me like I was making the stuff up. Thats why I am pissed off.
    04-30-10 10:15 AM
    I know but the thing that upset me is they treated me like I was making the stuff up. Thats why I am pissed off.
    I would be pissed too if that happened to me! I'd consider canceling my contract. But again that's just me.

04-30-10 10:19 AM
    OP...You're a cry baby...are you 12? So you got a phone that may need to be replaced. Poor you. You should switch to AT&T and get a flip phone. They're pretty easy to operate.
    04-30-10 10:23 AM
    Not saying you're making it up...but anyone that works in customer service will tell you.
    The majority of the time...the consumer is trying to pull a fast one and is making it up.
    04-30-10 10:31 AM
    I say if things don't turn out the way you want, leave and get the EVO 4G on the Sprint network. If they do then congrats and enjoy the phone i already checked it out its pretty sick.
    04-30-10 11:53 AM
    dudes & chics, i am wondering OP can hold his breath under water for 25 min and 1 hour? if he cant do. thats show his lack of experience with touchscreen device in his whole life.. dont post this, please. this really waste your time!

Let this dead!
    04-30-10 12:10 PM
    This thread it sad. The OP failed to follow the most important first step: fully charge the damn battery.

OP cries, finally charges battery. All better now.

Really?
    04-30-10 12:36 PM
    This thread it sad. The OP failed to follow the most important first step: fully charge the damn battery.

OP cries, finally charges battery. All better now.

Really?
    At least one other person thinks the problems experienced by the OP, might have been avoided if the OP charged the battery before fully discharging the battery.

I hope the mods change the thread title to something less sensational... I'm surprised they haven't yet.
    04-30-10 12:56 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD