this is really weird I received 6 text messages from her all in Chinese.
    she told me another friend of her's on Verizon had it happen to her as well.
    I called customer care and there is no known issue on the Incredible about this.
    Of course, I didn't save them. Customer care said I should take it into the store and have it looked at it. This is really weird.

Has anyone else have this happen?
    01-12-11 11:09 PM
    never seen that one...you using stock app or handcent?
    01-12-11 11:15 PM
    01-12-11 11:18 PM
    stock yes I know really strange. And like I mentioned it happened to another friend of her's and she saw it. It is very perplexing LOL
    01-12-11 11:23 PM
    Known bug..Google to fix Android bug that sends texts to wrong contacts | NorthWest Cable News | Technology You are lucky to have experienced this......so rare....tried a power ball ticket? Much love Jude.....
    01-12-11 11:33 PM
    I haven't messed with inputting text from other languages. If I can input pinyin, I'd ask your friend constantly: "Shen me? (shuh muh)" means what
    01-12-11 11:34 PM
    Maybe it's your friend's phone, not yours, with the problem.
    01-12-11 11:34 PM
    Maybe it's your friend's phone, not yours, with the problem.
    Nail hit.....received text Jude says....
    01-12-11 11:37 PM
    she says she gets my reply and I have gotten a normal text from her as well but I don't know I did suggest she have her's checked too and that's when she stated another friend of her's with Verizon as well had the same thing.....also a touchscreen but can't remember the model.
    Oh well. I did email HTC about it. Maybe they will have an answer. I am sure it will give them a laugh. I like being able to contact HTC directly. Sure is refreshing since Blackberry (RIM) makes it difficult to contact them ! I am really glad I finally switched to the best !

Have a good night everyone
    01-12-11 11:50 PM
    Check Google bugs.....it happens to a rare select people...they are almost ready to implement a fix.....consider it a new pen pal? idk...
    01-12-11 11:53 PM
    That, or use Handcent SMS. It is a little different, but I like how it's 1) free; 2) highly customizable.
    01-13-11 12:16 AM
    That same exact think happen to me a few days ago. And she had a Mytouch with t-mobile. She sent me a text and it was all Chinese

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 12:36 AM
    That same exact think happen to me a few days ago. And she had a Mytouch with t-mobile. She sent me a text and it was all Chinese

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hmm just read about the Chinese having a stealth fighter that was years ahead of what US intelligence thought they were capable of, maybe their cyber hacking abilities are advanced as well?
    01-14-11 01:49 AM
    My friend's phone on TMobile is an LG flip phone. I did take my phone to a Verizon store just to show them and one of the reps said it happened to her on her BB a few months back and the person wasn't on Verizon....she couldn't remember the carrier though.
    This is really weird. I am glad to hear though that it has happened to someone else as well. And strange as it is......both from TMobile. WOW Cruiz. I will tell my friend !
    01-14-11 08:28 PM
    Wow, can't believe I found someone else this happened to. Two of my friends in the last 3 days have gotten Chinese character text messages from me whenever I'd send them texts. Usually, I'd send one text and they'll either get that or sometimes not, but also get 3-4 texts in Chinese each time. Both of them are on Verizon so maybe it's the network, but I have no clue. I'm on T-mobile and sending using my BB bold 9780. Seems like a similar scenario. Driving me nuts...
    02-26-11 03:34 AM
    Hmm just read about the Chinese having a stealth fighter that was years ahead of what US intelligence thought they were capable of, maybe their cyber hacking abilities are advanced as well?
    Wasn't that proven false and the image were taken from top gun or something lol?
    02-26-11 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD