08-03-11 07:07 AM
    Wow. Didn't know the Thunderbolt was that bad. I was thinking of getting one. Perhaps I should reconsider.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    08-03-11 04:43 PM
    The Thunderbolt isn't bad. It's a first-gen LTE device so it's bound to have some issues with that.
    08-03-11 05:16 PM
    thunderbolt is fine. Not sure why its on the list. Its the first LTE phone so it has some quirks perhaps. The battery falls inline with other HTC products. Sense UI takes a little more hit on the battery to provide a better experience over others. I wouldnt trade mine for anything on the market now.
    08-03-11 05:18 PM
    Regarding, the Thunderbolt, mileage varies

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-03-11 05:48 PM
    Thunderbolt collectively has a lot of issues...

Actual user experience might not be that bad though, as they won't necessarily see all of them or most of them.

There's also the issue if you are just running stock or if you rooted and are running something newer. The stock roms suck. They just plain suck...
    08-03-11 06:06 PM
    The ThunderBolt has been out since March and it is still the best 4G LTE phone available, IMO. There are some minor issues, but I'm discovering that some of them might be app related rather than hardware/OS. For example, I sometimes have problems with the GPS not working at all, but it's only in Google Nav. In regular Google Maps it always works great, same with all the other GPS apps I have. So, seems to be a Nav problem only.

As for the battery, it runs about the same, in my experience, as the BB Storm series did on the stock battery, which means it's "meh,", but not terrible. Of course I turn off anything that's running and unneeded. I've since upgraded to the extended battery though and though the battery is about twice the size, the phone actually runs about three times as long.

My only real gripe is that I can't see the screen in sunlight, but that seems to be the case with pretty much all the new phones.

Otherwise, I'm pretty stupidly happy with the ThunderBolt. It's going to take something pretty amazing to get it out of my hands.
    08-03-11 06:46 PM
    The TBolt has some issues that could potentially turn off a first time smartphone buyer if they bought it (to whom the article may be intended), but I could name a few other devices that could replace it in the article.

IMHO, the TBolt is a great device for somebody skilled and experienced with Android devices, and if I was buying a new device today I would probably lean that direction. But I would be hesitant to recommend it to somebody who's never owned a smartphone now that there are comparable devices.
    08-03-11 06:49 PM

My only real gripe is that I can't see the screen in sunlight, but that seems to be the case with pretty much all the new phones.
    How does it compare to the original HTC Incredible? I can't see mine at all in sunlight. I want my next phone to fair better than the the Incredible I currently own.

08-03-11 10:48 PM
    Cdma eats battery, especially 4g. Try bb style if you can pass 6hours, its good.
    htc.phones almost always had problems with batteries. First evo, desire and so on. Compare it with sgs2 see if its any better. Sgs2 sets a new benchmark, htc phones looks too similar to make any difference.
    08-03-11 11:05 PM
    It goes back to what a user wants and his/her goals hoping yo be obtained through a given device

08-04-11 12:12 AM
    How does it compare to the original HTC Incredible? I can't see mine at all in sunlight. I want my next phone to fair better than the the Incredible I currently own.

I've never used an incredible, but you can't see the T-Bolt at all in sunlight either, so I'm going to guess they are pretty much the same. It's kind of unfortunate because the screen is otherwise really, really good.
    08-04-11 01:11 AM
    I've never used an incredible, but you can't see the T-Bolt at all in sunlight either, so I'm going to guess they are pretty much the same. It's kind of unfortunate because the screen is otherwise really, really good.
    That's been the Achilles heel of AMOLED screens

08-04-11 03:09 AM
    its on par with the incredible in sunlight. with brightness cranked up its still not as clear as i would like. I just hold my hand over it real quick to see something if i need to. Normally not a huge issue that i have found though
    08-04-11 04:47 AM
    its on par with the incredible in sunlight. with brightness cranked up its still not as clear as i would like. I just hold my hand over it real quick to see something if i need to. Normally not a huge issue that i have found though
    I was hoping for an improvement in the screen department. Friends of mine who have Samsung phones can see their screens better than I can on my phone. Even my Bold 9650 was better.
    08-04-11 07:13 PM
    The bold 9650 screen is actually really really good in sunlight. Way, way better than my TB.
    08-04-11 07:21 PM
    One thing for sure, on BB Bold I could see the screen outside without a problem. Just too bad that everything else swayed me to leave BB. I know with my Incredible it wasn't that great in the sunlight, but I liked everything else. August 30th I upgraded to the Thunderbolt. It surpasses my expectations. Yes, there are still issues with sunlight and battery, but it still is AMAZING. I concentrate on what it does, not what it doesn't.
    K Bear and lssanjose like this.
    09-17-11 10:29 PM
    Most all Androids are terrible in the sunlight. Even the Samsung phones aren't good, granted better than my HTC Mytouch4G. My BB 9700 put them to shame in that department.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 10:57 PM
    One thing for sure, on BB Bold I could see the screen outside without a problem. Just too bad that everything else swayed me to leave BB. I know with my Incredible it wasn't that great in the sunlight, but I liked everything else. August 30th I upgraded to the Thunderbolt. It surpasses my expectations. Yes, there are still issues with sunlight and battery, but it still is AMAZING. I concentrate on what it does, not what it doesn't.
    There are costs, everywhere. It's only a matter of what, or which costs you're willing to bear

Sent via Gingerbread Inc Deck
    cdf3 likes this.
    09-18-11 01:13 AM
    There are costs, everywhere. It's only a matter of what, or which costs you're willing to bear

Sent via Gingerbread Inc Deck

Pretty much summarizes it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-18-11 01:24 AM
    The TB is a top seller Still. That says something

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk
    09-27-11 03:19 PM
    It isn't all that bad. My opinion anyway.

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk
    09-27-11 03:20 PM
    Most all Androids are terrible in the sunlight. Even the Samsung phones aren't good, granted better than my HTC Mytouch4G. My BB 9700 put them to shame in that department.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My DX2 works pretty well in the sunlight, for what it's worth.
    09-27-11 03:53 PM
    Wow. Why does no one have this attitude about bb and playbook? Yeah I know you'll all say because they can't do anything. Anyway, find some shade.
    09-27-11 04:03 PM
    I've been quite happy with my Thunderbolt. Of course, it's nowhere near stock.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-27-11 04:31 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD