Just bought first droid from ebay and waiting for it to come. If there are already threads about this point me to them, my search did not show up with what i wanted, and the title of the thread did not match anything.

Anyways, when i get it and get it activated, what are the first things i need to do? To make it run smooth, save battery life, most important apps (in your opinion) Let me know,

The phone is already rooted and has custom ROM.. I may unroot and set to factory defaults first since froyo is or has come out for the droid??? opinions?

Thanks
    08-06-10 09:33 PM
    If it's rooted and is running a custom rom, I wouldn't unroot just for froyo. There are already custom roms based off the FRG01B source code, and it will only be a matter of days before roms based off the FRG22 source code is released next week.
    08-06-10 11:09 PM
    Make sure you have a gmail account set up which will allow you to sync your contacts/calendar for starters.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 11:52 PM
    download google sync on your blackberry so i could save your contacts
    08-07-10 01:11 AM
    Ok thanks I already backed everything up to google sync....what about apps? Thought I read something about a task killer..and for battery life thought I read there being tweaks to make it longer.....the advice is appreciated

08-07-10 07:32 AM
    Which Droid are you getting?
    08-07-10 07:52 AM
    Ok thanks I already backed everything up to google sync....what about apps? Thought I read something about a task killer..and for battery life thought I read there being tweaks to make it longer.....the advice is appreciated

In regards to Task Killer click on the link below and read. The forum that it's found on is an excellent resource for those with Android based phones. Hope this helps

Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers. - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Along with the Market app on your phone this link takes you to an excellent website for perusing apps for your Droid.

AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market
    Last edited by cgbb; 08-07-10 at 08:18 AM.
    08-07-10 08:05 AM
    Thanks for the links I will be sure to check them out

08-07-10 10:37 AM
    Which Droid are you getting?
    Just the original motorola droid
    08-07-10 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD