Sorry to all of you whom are still pressing on in hopes of something halfway decent from blackberry, as long as they continue to use outdated java for their OS's they will forever be in last place. I have given up and moved on to the only phone in my opinion that has defeated the iPhone..... The Droid Incredible. The name says it, the phone is absolutely incredible, I have not one single complaint with this phone (which is more than I can say for the last year of tiresome leaked OS installs and contantly buggy software in the storm). Regardless, everyone and anyone that loves their storm, storm2 or even the none touchscreen blackberries, good luck to you and I give you all props for waiting it out in hopes of something good from RIM.

Adios,
    dank.
    05-18-10 02:27 AM
    I too am dumping my tour and getting the Evo on June 4th. Have 2 pre ordered already.
    05-18-10 02:57 AM
    Welcome to the club guys, you will not be disappointed. I also highly recommend for you guys to try the "swype" keyboard. It'll blow your mind as to how fun and fast it is.
    05-18-10 04:19 AM
    OP, OH my, Congrats.... You do really want DROID so badly? is it actually that your dream? Mmmm.. I hope the DROID is right for you. However I dont want to hear the ******** people come and post " OMG!, MY DROID SUCKS and DITCH IT... BLAH.. BLAH... "

Good luck!

Welcome to the club guys, you will not be disappointed. I also highly recommend for you guys to try the "swype" keyboard. It'll blow your mind as to how fun and fast it is.
    DUDE!, you are 100% right about ** swype, it blows their mind. its fun and quickly **. People think swype looks easy to do, but its not, have to learning curve till getta used to it..
    05-18-10 06:53 AM
    Congrats!

I left about a week ago and got a Droid! I <3 it.

-Jeff
    05-18-10 02:08 PM
    Sorry to all of you whom are still pressing on in hopes of something halfway decent from blackberry, as long as they continue to use outdated java for their OS's they will forever be in last place. I have given up and moved on to the only phone in my opinion that has defeated the iPhone..... The Droid Incredible. The name says it, the phone is absolutely incredible, I have not one single complaint with this phone (which is more than I can say for the last year of tiresome leaked OS installs and contantly buggy software in the storm). Regardless, everyone and anyone that loves their storm, storm2 or even the none touchscreen blackberries, good luck to you and I give you all props for waiting it out in hopes of something good from RIM.

Adios,
    dank.
    Android uses Java FYI.
    05-18-10 03:38 PM
    Why do people post like this?

Come on, you make your choice, so what?

BlackBerry OS IMHO is stable and it does the job, it does everything it needs to do and it does it well. What more do you want?

So what if you gone to droid, do it, go there and enjoy if you do, fancy screens all that stuff. But like the iPhone I would imagine there will be problems like lesser battery life etc.
    05-18-10 04:11 PM
    Why do people post like this?

Come on, you make your choice, so what?

BlackBerry OS IMHO is stable and it does the job, it does everything it needs to do and it does it well. What more do you want?

So what if you gone to droid, do it, go there and enjoy if you do, fancy screens all that stuff. But like the iPhone I would imagine there will be problems like lesser battery life etc.

Thats what I'm talking about. I love my storm2 but I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest and maybe end up with a droid and maybe i wont. But I will not put down blackberry just to show off my new gadget.
    05-18-10 07:15 PM
    Android uses Java FYI.
    not exactly

the OS is linux based while the apps are java based.
    05-18-10 08:50 PM
    not exactly

the OS is linux based while the apps are java based.
    Exactly, not to mention I believe my exact words were "outdated java".

But yes, the only smartphone still utilizing FULL java is blackberries.

On another note, all of you that responded saying welcome, I thank you. I absolutely love this phone, I have not had a single problem or bug. As for the battery problem everyone speaks of, it is not nearly as bad as made out to be. In fact, I have great battery life, i just use Advanced Task Killer every so often to stop unnecessary apps from running in the background and my battery life never suffers.
    05-18-10 09:29 PM
    05-18-10 09:38 PM
    I understand the urge for Android devices. They are quickly becoming the platform of choice. But there are always going to be issues. Make sure you know what those issues are before you commit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 09:50 PM

Adios,
    dank.
    I think blackberry gave up on you a long time ago Welcome to the fast life. I can see how you think the incredible beats the iPhone, because it does, except for a few things that I won't bother with. I love my hardware keyboard, so IPhone, incredible, then the EVO (my goodness that phone will be a hot one) are all missing something I love and use. I actually like my storm, but when I picked it up, it was boring, and had the worst browser ever. I was like, (I am paying for the Internet, but If I have to wast an hour to do 5 or 10 things on it, then forget it) So happy I am gone, but as with everything, nothing is perfect, so I am waiting for the next Verizon/sprint droid with a keyboard. I could live without it i suppose
    05-19-10 10:14 PM
    yeah same here. owned blackberries for a few years. now I have incredible and trust us that own one , nothing on the market at the moment can touch it. its just a ridiculous fast and beautiful phone. only thing that will top it is the evo. BTW for you android users using swype , try using smart keyboard. word prediction is incredible. swype is is nice in all but like other poster said, there is a learning curve and while it can be fun , it can also be very frustrating. I use smart keyboard with HTC skin. seriously best virtual keyboard out there. as good or equal to iPhones legendary word prediction ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 06:31 AM
    I decided today as well to jump ship to Incredible. I had it with low memory space and buggy OS's, also crappy app selections. LMAO i gotta buy apps for my tour to do things the OS should already do is so old.
    05-20-10 08:33 PM
    Storm To Incredible here, the Incredible is one of the best electronic devices I have purchased in a quite a while that actually live up to or surpass the hype. I have had it since April 29 and I can not put this thing down.
    05-20-10 08:41 PM
    Storm To Incredible here, the Incredible is one of the best electronic devices I have purchased in a quite a while that actually live up to or surpass the hype. I have had it since April 29 and I can not put this thing down.
    i think there's a lot of us in this boat. i was a longtime blackberry user the 1st one i had was a 58xx(monochrome screen and no built in phone) i had just about every model up to the storm 2. i bought that one thinking it was an upgrade from the storm 1 and i was severely mistaken. Luckily the droid came out within my 30 day tryout period and i haven't looked back not even once.
    05-20-10 08:53 PM
    I'm joining the club. I have been a BlackBerry user since the 7100 era and I currently have a 9630. I have my pre-order in for the EVO.

P.S. I am not saying anything bad about BlackBerry, I think it is one of the most solid OS's I've ever used. I guess my lifestyle and outlook have changed. I just look at the one main reason I use a BB is to have my google apps email pushed, but the EVO will do that with no problem.
    05-20-10 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD