So I've been using the Eris for a few days now and there are some things I can't seem to figure out. I did search so please don't bash me for that.

1) Is there a way to create profiles for each notification like we can with the BlackBerry? Mainly the problem arises is where I had on my BlackBerry a sound profile I would turn on at my office where it would mute and turn the LED off for any notification with office e-mail since I was there I would be getting to it anyways. Is there a paid or free way to manage this?

2) Background apps were always told to keep closed on the BlackBerry. We would hold the escape key to do this but I can't seem to figure this out on the Eris. Apps stay open and eat memory and I keep having to close them using Advanced Task Killer (is there a better app for that by the way? - I'm using the free one)

3) Is there a way to move an entire "screen" from one "panel" to another. Let's say I have one to the right of my main screen that I want to move elsewhere - how can I do that or can I?

4) Can I remove apps I don't use such as the Amazon MP3 Store? How?

Finally is there like a guide to optimize battery life AND a guide to optimize Android in general? Like tweaks to make it better or run more smooth?

Thanks
    11-29-09 09:49 AM
    1. Not sure on this one. Still learning.

2. The way android OS is designed, is it let's you run 5 items at once. If memory gets low, it starts closing the oldest ones. No need for battery pulls, and memory management is fantastic! People have tried task killers but found them to eat up memory more.

3. To move items from screen to screen, make sure the desired screen is empty. Then tap and hold what you want to move and drag it to desired screen.

4. You can't remove anything that came with OS.

And finally, here is the link to battery saving tips: Optimize your Droid Eris battery life (READ THIS) - Android Forums

I hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 11:12 AM
    3. To move items from screen to screen, make sure the desired screen is empty. Then tap and hold what you want to move and drag it to desired screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

What if I wanted to move all items on one screen to another? I know I can move single items

thanks for the quick reply
    11-29-09 11:46 AM
    I don't believe there's a way to move all of them at once...but again I am still learning as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD