Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. spotmark's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    928 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Fascinate Clockwork Recovery Mod Now Available!

    Woohoo! If you don't already have Rom Manager installed on your Fascinate, do it now, and you can install a custom recovery. This is just another step in the right direction. It won't be long now before we see some custom ROMs.
    A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
    Spotmark
  2. Retrokid223's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,277 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,297 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ummm No
    #2  

    Default

    thats great news it proves the android dev community is solid
    BB9530->BB9630->BB9550->Droid->BB9650->Droid->Droid X->Fascinate->Droid X->Incredible->iPhone 4 ->HTC Thunderbolt -> Droid Charge -> Droid 3 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy Nexus -> iPhone 4s
  3. Shermanmanman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    PIN
    3075090286
    #3  

    Default

    Awesome news! I'm about to get the Fascinate over the Incredible, and I'm hoping that some custom roms will be up soon! Unless there are some, and I'm just not seeing them.
    In a world that doesn't... Droid Does

    I've made my share of mistakes, and I'm sure you have too. Please don't make small errors on here larger than they need to be. Everything will be alright in the world, regardless of what I've said.
  4. Retrokid223's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,277 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,297 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ummm No
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanmanman View Post
    Awesome news! I'm about to get the Fascinate over the Incredible, and I'm hoping that some custom roms will be up soon! Unless there are some, and I'm just not seeing them.
    theres a guy over at xda working on a rom now
    BB9530->BB9630->BB9550->Droid->BB9650->Droid->Droid X->Fascinate->Droid X->Incredible->iPhone 4 ->HTC Thunderbolt -> Droid Charge -> Droid 3 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy Nexus -> iPhone 4s
  5. Shermanmanman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    PIN
    3075090286
    #5  

    Default

    AWESOME!!! I need to get onto the xda forums and keep watching for it
    In a world that doesn't... Droid Does

    I've made my share of mistakes, and I'm sure you have too. Please don't make small errors on here larger than they need to be. Everything will be alright in the world, regardless of what I've said.
  6. TrendyProfessional1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,945 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spotmark View Post
    Woohoo! If you don't already have Rom Manager installed on your Fascinate, do it now, and you can install a custom recovery. This is just another step in the right direction. It won't be long now before we see some custom ROMs.
    You're talking the ROM Manager that is on the Android market correct?
    Thanks for the info......
    I knew it had to be coming soon
  7. spotmark's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    928 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Apparently, this is not quite the whole deal, yet, but a band-aid. Here is the thread over at XDA, [test] recovery-replaced I500 kernel - xda-developers. Things are certainly starting to look up.
    A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
    Spotmark
  8. TrendyProfessional1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,945 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    I'm just gonna sit tight til everything gets straightened out, and made simple stupid for the fake a$$ geeks like myself.
    It will be nice to get all the unnecessary stuff off the phone thogh.
    Hopefully someone will test to see if the front facing camera can be activated.
  9. avt123's Avatar
    O.G.

    Posts
    12,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyProfessional1 View Post
    Hopefully someone will test to see if the front facing camera can be activated.
    Wait...what?
  10. TrendyProfessional1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,945 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    Wait...what?
    Look at the very front of the phone lok very closely.
    That appears to be a lens, all the others have it on the other carriers.
    It just might be a custom ROM to activate it.
    Unless VZ instructed to put nothing there...
    Look just to the left of your speaker
  11. TrendyProfessional1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,945 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    The Galaxy S has a front facing camera
  12. avt123's Avatar
    O.G.

    Posts
    12,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyProfessional1 View Post
    Look at the very front of the phone lok very closely.
    That appears to be a lens, all the others have it on the other carriers.
    It just might be a custom ROM to activate it.
    Unless VZ instructed to put nothing there...
    Look just to the left of your speaker
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyProfessional1 View Post
    The Galaxy S has a front facing camera
    Yea I know the Galaxy S has it. Just like the Epic and I believe one of the Canadian versions?

    I don't think Samsung would just include it in there but not put it to use. That is a waste of money and resources. Also, hasn't this device been torn down (just like the other variants) and confirmed it wasn't in there?

    This just makes no sense. There would have been headline news on blog sites that it is there but unable to be used.

    You sure it's a lens and not the proximity sensor? Also, isn't the Camera on the right side of the speaker on the Epic and Euro GS?
  13. TrendyProfessional1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,945 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    Yea I know the Galaxy S has it. Just like the Epic and I believe one of the Canadian versions?

    I don't think Samsung would just include it in there but not put it to use. That is a waste of money and resources. Also, hasn't this device been torn down (just like the other variants) and confirmed it wasn't in there?

    This just makes no sense. There would have been headline news on blog sites that it is there but unable to be used.

    You sure it's a lens and not the proximity sensor? Also, isn't the Camera on the right side of the speaker on the Epic and Euro GS?

    See I don't know, I'm just guessing.....
    But u are probably right cause if u look at the original u see three holes instead of one. My bad

    Samsung Galaxy S Coming Soon With Front-Facing Camera | CoolTechZone.com
  14. avt123's Avatar
    O.G.

    Posts
    12,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    It would be awesome if it was there for you to unlock, but if you are saying all the other variants have it as well, then I'm sure the Vibrant/Captivate developers would have found out something already. Has to be the proximity sensor or something. Like I said, the tech blogs would have torn this apart real quick.
  15. xliderider's Avatar
    Mr. X

    Posts
    13,013 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,901 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer please!
    #15  

    Default

    It's the proximity sensor or the light sensor Trendy.
    A little obsessive...
  16. TrendyProfessional1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,945 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    It's the proximity sensor or the light sensor Trendy.
    I realized it after I looked at the pics. Also a coworker has the Sprint version and when I looked at his it was a doh moment....
    It was a senior moment ok...
  17. Retrokid223's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,277 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,297 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ummm No
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyProfessional1 View Post
    I realized it after I looked at the pics. Also a coworker has the Sprint version and when I looked at his it was a doh moment....
    It was a senior moment ok...
    its okay mistakes happens
    BB9530->BB9630->BB9550->Droid->BB9650->Droid->Droid X->Fascinate->Droid X->Incredible->iPhone 4 ->HTC Thunderbolt -> Droid Charge -> Droid 3 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy Nexus -> iPhone 4s
  18. spotmark's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    928 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Ok, guys. Recovery is up and running. Takes all of about 5 minutes to do. Get the needed files, and follow the instructions from here, Clockworkmod installation how to - xda-developers.

    Yee-freakin-haw! The ball is rolling, and the best is yet to come.
    A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
    Spotmark
  19. avt123's Avatar
    O.G.

    Posts
    12,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyProfessional1 View Post
    I realized it after I looked at the pics. Also a coworker has the Sprint version and when I looked at his it was a doh moment....
    It was a senior moment ok...
    Hey as long as you are human then mistakes are ok. If you are secretly a bot, then shame on you!
  20. FrostMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    555 Posts
    PIN
    EAPPLE
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spotmark View Post
    Ok, guys. Recovery is up and running. Takes all of about 5 minutes to do. Get the needed files, and follow the instructions from here, Clockworkmod installation how to - xda-developers.

    Yee-freakin-haw! The ball is rolling, and the best is yet to come.
    Spot, I should release the framework you wanted in this thread sometime tomorrow. I know you were interested, just have to get permission from ludeboy first lol.

    Fully Themed Lock Screen [WIP] - xda-developers
    Portfolio | My Twitter
    -------------------------------------------------
    Phone: Samsung Fascinate
    Rom: Stock Deodexed 2.1
    Recovery: CM 2.5.1.0
    Kernel: JT's 1.2GHz Voodoo Enabled + AOSP Boot Anim.
    Theme: Remix
    -------------------------------------------------
    Phone: Motorola Droid 1 [SOLD]
    Theme: Dark Edge
  21. spotmark's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    928 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default

    Very cool, thank you.
    A cigar is man's opportunity to reflect on the past, and dream about the future.
    Spotmark
  22. TrendyProfessional1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,483 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,945 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    Hey as long as you are human then mistakes are ok. If you are secretly a bot, then shame on you!
    No an android...........

Posting Permissions