I'm emailed a tracking number.

It arrives in my gmail account. I try to copy and paste like I do in the HTC Incredible browser, no dice.

I figure ok, this app isn't like the browser or htc mail app. I need to do what I do in K9, enter reply mode and find the old text so I can select and copy it from the box.

I can't do that either.

I give up and check gmail via my web browser. Before I even get a chance to select the tracking number, to the right there's a link to click to track my package.

I wish I could remove the gmail app off this phone, it is useless.
    06-17-10 01:50 PM
    what phone?

and you can remove the gmail app off any android phone just need root.
    06-17-10 08:39 PM
    the point is the GMAIL app on a google phone SHOULDNT be this useless. And i agree its pretty bad since you cant copy and paste ****. BB and email just work much better for me.
    06-17-10 08:55 PM
    I don't use gmail for anything serious. I much prefer android email with k9 but if i had to deal with gmail I'd shoot myself. Most of what I get is spam, but this was one company I registered with before I had my own email hosting & domain, so it went to gmail.

and boy did that suck. this gmail app is trash.

The lack of proper copy and paste in k9 sucks too, but is made up for by luscious subfolders.

I think BES on a bberry if you only need 1 account would put bb far ahead of android for email, but i can't justify an extra $50/mo for it.
    06-17-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD