Anyone having problems with their ext battery? Here's my story...

On Friday I received my extended battery from verizon. I put it in my phone, and attempted to power up. For some reason, the phone didn't come on, so I figured I needed to charge the battery. I plugged it the phone charger for about 2 hrs, then attepmted to power up again. Still nothing. I took the extended battery out and put the stock one back in, and it powered right up. Swapped out the batteries again and decided to let it charge overnight.

Tried the phone the next morning and it started right up with the extended battery. Cool! However I noticed it was pretty much draining at the same rate as my stock battery. Once it got down to 50%, my phone shut off, and I couldn't get it back on. When I plugged in the charger, it showed my battery at 20% then 30 seconds later at 100%, but as soon as I unplugged the charger the phone shut off. I went ahead and put back in my stock battery and it worked like a champ.

Gonna return this battery, but I know verizon is currently out of stock. Is everyone else's ext battery working ok?
    08-24-10 04:57 PM
    mines is working fine
    08-24-10 06:11 PM
    you got a bad one probably. If you use the same battery door it's probably not worth the money. Bigger is better, and same size isn't bigger.
    08-24-10 06:13 PM
    I got mine a week ago and it works great. Sorry yours seems detective. You'll like that battery when it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD