I have what I believe to be a bricked 8330. Thinking about trying a Droid. I did a recent backup on the BB via Desktop Manager and now that it's bricked, the backup file is all I have left. Can I somehow export my contacts via that backup file and import into a Droid? There must be a way.
    04-29-10 05:19 PM
    I believe JeffH posted in another thread that you can use Amber Blackberry Converter to extract your contacts into a csv file that can be imported into gmail.
    04-29-10 11:45 PM
    04-30-10 12:06 AM
    I was told that a Verizon store has a device to transfer the contacts from BB to Android.
    04-30-10 01:23 AM
    I was told that a Verizon store has a device to transfer the contacts from BB to Android.
    Some do, some don't. I don't think they can do it with dead phones though.

Anyone reading this should export a .csv file of their contacts right now from gmail, desktop manager, outlook, etc. You never know when you might wish you did.
    Last edited by xliderider; 04-30-10 at 01:59 AM.
    04-30-10 01:56 AM
    I have what I believe to be a bricked 8330. Thinking about trying a Droid. I did a recent backup on the BB via Desktop Manager and now that it's bricked, the backup file is all I have left. Can I somehow export my contacts via that backup file and import into a Droid? There must be a way.
    What do you mean by "bricked"? Have you tried wiping and reloading your OS?
    04-30-10 08:09 AM
    This is why I like google so much. And with the droid you already have a gmail account. With your blackberry if you would have used google sync to sync up your calender and contacts you'd already have them in your account. So the day I got my droid they didn't even have to get the numbers off my blackberry. They were all already there from my account.

Off subject, but the droid also backs up everything you do including apps in your account. I had a droid, took it back, got a brand new one about 3 or 4 months later. When I got the new one it had the wallpaper and every single one of the apps I had before I got rid of the old droid. And it put it all on there very fast. So, even if you lose or break your phone when you get a new one it has all your stuff already on there. Which is kinda cool but since it was months later it kinda sucked because I had to update all the apps and some of them I didn't want anymore.

Anyway hope you get your contacts in! Now you'll never have to worry about that again with the gmail sync feature. Which is great. I used to have to write down all my contacts on paper incase I lost my phone back in the old days. Not anymore!
    04-30-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD