I just got the DROID. I love it, but I only have one problem...I really hate having to use a PIN number to get into the phone everytime I want to use it. Does anyone know of an app that will remove it? Or know how to set up Exchange 2003 to not enforce a PIN?

Thanks in advance!
    08-24-10 08:13 AM
    Had the same problem ... No apps out there yet can override it since the Froyo 2.2 update .... The only thing that has worked (other than asking your admin to disable the requirement) for me is using an app called Touchdown which is available from the market .. There is a 30day demo to try. The only time it asks you for a pin is when you first open the app after a reboot ... Never again ...

Bad news is it cost $20 to buy the full version ... Good news is that (to me) its worth EVERY penny because it is MUCH better than the native exchange app. It allows you to search / sort / filter all you want and has a nice calendar ... Handles folders real well and has a very cool unread mail widget...

Plus NO PIN! That to me was worth 20 bucks ... I might have ditched Android just because of how annoying that was....

Give it a try... I think you will like...

PS. You can get "SwitchPro" from the market to replace your power setting widget ... This has a feature to disable the sometimes annoying slide lock that comes on every time the screen shuts off
    Last edited by Jet300; 08-25-10 at 12:04 PM.
    08-25-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD