1:46PM Verizon is accelerating upgrade dates -- everyone with an upgrade date in 2010 can updgrade to the Droid X at launch.
    06-23-10 12:49 PM
    1:46PM Verizon is accelerating upgrade dates -- everyone with an upgrade date in 2010 can updgrade to the Droid X at launch.
    They wanna this phone to blow up......
    Smart move......
    06-23-10 12:53 PM
    This was the news I was really hoping to hear. My upgrades aren't due until 12/30/2010. WooHoo!!!
    06-23-10 12:58 PM
    I really hope they don't have this device on backorder as well. I will be getting this at the end of July if more news of the Pro doesn't come out.

This device really does look promising.
    06-23-10 12:59 PM
    That's awesome on their part. Hopefully people take advantage of checking out a new phone.
    06-23-10 01:01 PM
    I will pre-order mine on the net if possible
    06-23-10 01:04 PM
    If this is true...I will be buying one as soon as released. My upgrade is in August.
    06-23-10 01:26 PM
    Hmmmmmm, didn't AT&T and Apple do something like this???

Yea, Google isn't trying to copy Apple...
    06-23-10 01:32 PM
    Hmmmmmm, didn't AT&T and Apple do something like this???

Yea, Google isn't trying to copy Apple...
    Well for Apple it allows people who already bought the 3GS to get the 4. More sales that way.

For Verizon it just allows anyone. It is a smart move really, I don't think they are trying to copy anyone, just trying to get more money.
    06-23-10 01:35 PM
    Now I am tempted......, but that means no pro upgrade...hmmmmm, since I am a froyo flash running fool right now any way, I am still going to pass (regretfully)
    06-23-10 01:44 PM
    Well for Apple it allows people who already bought the 3GS to get the 4. More sales that way.

For Verizon it just allows anyone. It is a smart move really, I don't think they are trying to copy anyone, just trying to get more money.
    So Verizon doing basically exactly what AT&T did, thats not copying?
    06-23-10 01:45 PM
    Cell Phone carriers are not in it for the phones, release dates, etc...

All they care about is $$$$$$$$$$

Did you ever see Shark Tank show..... Companies want money, if a customer or product will give them more they will do what it takes to get more money.
    06-23-10 01:48 PM
    does it matter if they are copying? it's just a savvy business move. it probably has a lot to do with stealing thunder from the iphone 4 and giving their customers a good reason to stay with the better carrier. the droid x is the newest and hottest thing on vzw so they're hoping to stave off the loss of contract customers they have every time apple/att releases a new phone. who can blame them...
    06-23-10 01:56 PM
    Now I am tempted......, but that means no pro upgrade...hmmmmm, since I am a froyo flash running fool right now any way, I am still going to pass (regretfully)
    I would pass if I was eligible because I don't want blur. But the phone does look nice.
    Let's hope Verizon does this with every new Droid release.

I can't upgrade because I just bought my Droid in January on a new contract but I'm in no hurry to buy a new phone anyway. But I gotta say that big screen does look awesome.
    I got mine in January 3. If only I bought it a month before.
    06-23-10 01:59 PM
    Do you want Verizon to go sit in the corner and have a timeout or something? WHO CARES if it benefits its customers?
    06-23-10 02:04 PM
    Verizon announced they were going LTE first right? Then AT&T did, would you consider that copying?

It really doesn't matter. It benefits the consumer and that's all that DOES matter. No one is trying to copy Apple, they do not care. It is just a smart decision on their part to help keep up with iPhone sales and for people who were thinking about leaving to stay.
    06-23-10 03:05 PM
    Since I can only get an Annual Upgrade date on July 4th of this year (2 yr isnt up until July 2011), what would I have to do to get this phone?

Just dont want to pay full price, having no job isnt cool when you see stuff like this, lol.
    06-23-10 03:54 PM
    Since I can only get an Annual Upgrade date on July 4th of this year (2 yr isnt up until July 2011), what would I have to do to get this phone?

Just dont want to pay full price, having no job isnt cool when you see stuff like this, lol.
    Use the upgrade and pay $249.99 instead of $199.99.
    06-23-10 04:18 PM
    So the annual will only be $50 more?
    06-23-10 04:24 PM
    So the annual will only be $50 more?
    I think so, but I won't swear to it.
    06-23-10 04:39 PM
    jordansonly im in the same boat about upgrading but now im hoping my new every 2(july 2011) but my annual in november will let me upgrade ... my bday is july 12 so this will be a bday present to myself and would be even better with no full price ... plus i found out i can put this phone on my bill(no $ upfront) wait for the rebate + sell my storm 2 = happy me probably only paying 50$ at most out of pocket for this phone
    06-23-10 04:39 PM
    jordansonly im in the same boat about upgrading but now im hoping my new every 2(july 2011) but my annual in november will let me upgrade ... my bday is july 12 so this will be a bday present to myself and would be even better with no full price ... plus i found out i can put this phone on my bill(no $ upfront) wait for the rebate + sell my storm 2 = happy me probably only paying 50$ at most out of pocket for this phone
    Mikey, sounds pretty good dude! I just have a feeling that the big V will get me trouble about trying to get an annual upgrade, we'll see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 04:44 PM
    Mikey, sounds pretty good dude! I just have a feeling that the big V will get me trouble about trying to get an annual upgrade, we'll see.

just read on another forum that upgrading early you have to sign another 2 year so they dont give a **** with that new upgrade if you didnt have the high etf of 350 then it will probably be implemented as well .... but i already have that high etf which will mean im never leaving vzw before contract ends
    06-23-10 04:46 PM
    Well I don't have the new ETF yet, but I wouldn't care, who's better than verizon? No one, so I'm no leaving.

06-23-10 04:49 PM
    Where did u read that anyway?

06-23-10 04:50 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD