My girlfriend is getting ready to upgrade from here curve 8330 and was looking to possibly get the EVO. While we were at the store she started looking at the Moment and liked it because it had a fulll keyboard and felt she wouldnt utilize all that the evo could do. I was just wondering any pros and cons of the two phones or any suggestions
    07-04-10 11:20 AM
    The EVO is a better device. If she wants a keyboard, she should wait for the Samsung Epic 4G.

The Moment is pretty lame compared to these devices.

Samsung Epic 4G preview -- Engadget
    07-04-10 11:48 AM
    I realize the EVO is superior i was just wondering if the moment was worth buying? she doesnt surf the internet that much or use her phone for email all that often either. Just ready to upgrade but doesnt think she will need something as advanced as EVO and kind of wants a keyboard. If not the Moment, any other suggestions? Or is EVO the ONLY way to go?
    07-04-10 11:59 AM
    Why get a smartphone then? The EVO just runs a newer version of Android on better hardware. It also has HTCs Sense skin.

If she isn't going to browse and doesn't need email often, then a smartphone is a waste of money. Might as well buy a feature phone or a dumbphone with a good keyboard. Feature phones can still browse and get email, the experience is just not as good.

If shes wants a smartphone though, she should get the Epic 4G. It has the keyboard. She should wait for this to be released. Should be soon.

The Moment is outdated. It is not worth purchasing when its successor is about to be released.
    Last edited by avt123; 07-04-10 at 12:19 PM.
    07-04-10 12:16 PM
    I realize the EVO is superior i was just wondering if the moment was worth buying? she doesnt surf the internet that much or use her phone for email all that often either. Just ready to upgrade but doesnt think she will need something as advanced as EVO and kind of wants a keyboard. If not the Moment, any other suggestions? Or is EVO the ONLY way to go?
    I wouldn't get a moment now since it will be replaced by the Samsung intercept in a couple of weeks. If she likes the moment she might also like the intercept.
    Last edited by the one and only M; 07-04-10 at 12:26 PM.
    07-04-10 12:23 PM
    I completely agree she doesnt even need a smartphone. But thats not worth argueing over lol so i just told her id find out what would be best. I see the new moment is being released next week but what about the epic? Any idea how soon it will be released or price? Proley similar to EVO?
    07-04-10 12:38 PM
    Epic will be priced similarly to the EVO most likely. I wouldn't get the Intercept. The Epic has WiMax connectivity, although you may not be in a coverage area. It is still nice to have for when Sprint does open it up in your area if they already do not have it.

I would rather buy the better device. But that is me. She would probably be fine with the Intercept. The Epic is more bang for your buck though.
    07-04-10 12:54 PM
    The EVO is better but if she wants a keyboard and doesn't care about having the latest/greatest, then go for the Moment. If she doesn't like it she can return it as long as it's within 30 days.
    07-04-10 01:24 PM
    The EVO is better but if she wants a keyboard and doesn't care about having the latest/greatest, then go for the Moment. If she doesn't like it she can return it as long as it's within 30 days.

Yes... great advice.
    07-07-10 11:06 AM
    remember when the epic comes out it will have wimax capability just like the evo so you will have to pay an extra 10 bux a month.

the moment is a good medium between the older curve and the new latest and greatest evo. the specs on the moment are pretty impressive for a slider in my opinion.

if she needs a phone for texting and stuff i would agree that she would be better with a less feature filled phone like the restore but the android platform has alot of fun apps that she may like.

i think the moment would be a more comfortable transition from the curve mainly because it has physical keys.
    07-07-10 12:10 PM
    Get the Evo. Your girlfriend won't like using Wi-Fi, then after it gets turned off, the phone's radio decides to lock up. This is an issue on the Moment.

I personally don't see a reason to get the Epic. The main differentiator is keyboard, and that's something which is pretty easy to adjust to after a week. But if your girlfriend really wants a keyboard, go with the Epic. She won't care about Samsung's shoddy record with updates, so it wouldn't be bad.
    07-07-10 09:57 PM
    the moment is getting replaced by the samsung intercept so your off getting that phone.
    07-07-10 11:26 PM
    07-07-10 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD