I just got my EVO this past weekend, and no doubt I am loving this phone. However, I am disappointed in Sprints coverage. I feel like if I don�t return the phone before the 30 day trial period I will regret it for the 2 years I have Sprint as a provider. I�ve had Verizon before and never had a problem with their coverage. Would it be wise to jump ship to the Incredible, or perhaps the Droid X? (I know there will be an announcement tomorrow about that phone) I figure I can order the Incredible and would get it shortly after canceling with Sprint on their 30 day trail period, or possibly wait and see on a release date for the Droid X.
    06-22-10 03:29 PM
    Jump! Jump!
    06-22-10 03:33 PM
    Verizon has seriously good coverage. You cant go wrong with them, but they do cost a bit more.
    06-22-10 03:37 PM
    I'd pay about $10 more a month for Verizon. Is there a difference between droid and htc?
    06-22-10 06:45 PM
    How important is the $10 more to you to have better cell coverage? The worlds best and newest smartphone won't do you any good if you are dropping calls and unable to get to the internet.

Personally the EVO is good for me as I have good cell coverage and since I have good knowledge that 4G may come to my area sooner that anyone thought so I sticking with Sprint.

You can't get stuck in the carriers game, there is always going to be a better phone after you get yours, something will always seem better after you are committed. This is called marketing.

Go with what you like and works the best for you right now including cost!
    06-22-10 07:27 PM
    Verizon is over rated. You are going to miss the 4.3 inch screen. What is so bad about sprints coverage; do you live in bumble fck ne braska? I just switched to sprint myself and amd completley fine.
    06-23-10 06:19 AM
    Yea I would defenitely miss the big screen of the Evo. I still have 25 days to check out Sprints coverage for where ever I spend most of my time. I live in CT and heard Sprint isnt so great in this area and throughout the Northeast. I average about 3 bars where I go, only 1-3 in my house. Verizon is definitely the better provider in the area.
    Last edited by gman eb; 06-23-10 at 08:03 AM.
    06-23-10 06:27 AM
    Yea I would defenitely miss the big screen of the Evo. I still have 25 days to check out Sprints coverage for where ever I spend most of my time. I live in CT and heard Sprint isnt so great in this area and throughout the Northeast. I average about 3 bars where I go, only 1-3 in my house. Verizon is definitely the better provider in the area.
    U go byy the quality and coverage in your area first and foremost.
    The X will have at least a 4.3" screen, but it won't have the front facing
    camera for video confrencing. At the end of the year the rumored Droid
    Pro will. But coverage is your fist concern, so switch if that is truly the case...
    06-23-10 08:34 AM
    do you live in bumble fck ne braska?
    ROFLMAO I thought West Bum Fck Egypt was funny til I read this one....
    06-23-10 08:36 AM
    Verizon is over rated. You are going to miss the 4.3 inch screen. What is so bad about sprints coverage; do you live in bumble fck ne braska? I just switched to sprint myself and amd completley fine.
    The X will have a 4.3 inch screen. So better coverage (for most) plus the same screen size looks like a win.
    06-23-10 08:40 AM
    i live in CT my self and verizon is def the best service provider around here
    06-23-10 08:44 AM
    I'd pay about $10 more a month for Verizon. Is there a difference between droid and htc?
    If it is only $10 more per month and Sprint coverage doesn't work for you then it seems like an easy decision.

In my case, VZW is about $65 more per month for 1400 shared minutes and 2 Blackberries. Sprint gives discounts for so many things like belonging to a credit union or a corporate discount depending on your employer. None of that would matter if the coverage wasn't good....it is excellent where I live and travel.
    06-23-10 09:25 AM
    I get a corporate discount with both providers, so that works out well. Is there a difference in Droid and HTC? Like layout, interface, etc.? I’m loving the EVO but never used a Droid before.
    06-23-10 11:50 AM
    I get a corporate discount with both providers, so that works out well. Is there a difference in Droid and HTC? Like layout, interface, etc.? I�m loving the EVO but never used a Droid before.
    The UI is different. HTC devices (besides the N1) run Sense. Moto devices either run stock Android or Moto/Ninjablur. Both HTC and Motorola have skins for their devices. The X looks to have Ninjablur (don't know if that is the official name).
    06-23-10 12:24 PM
    Hmmm, July 15th for the Driod X. Thats right around when my 30 days is up with Sprint.
    06-23-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD