I've had my EVO for about 5 days now ... along with my Tour. That said, I do have a few questions

1.) Sync I've downloaded HTC Sync and no matter what I do it tells me the device is not connected and will not Sync.

2.) Google Carlendar . Not extactly as robust as lotus notes calendar nor does it have the reminders or alerts lotus does. Any suggestions on Calendars

3.) Music ... There has to be a easier way !! no Sync or app here ?

as always thanks
    07-30-10 08:26 AM
    1) since the phone is tied to your Google Account, no back up is really needed... everything syncs with google

2) i only use google calendar, it does everything i want it to

3) try doubletwist

you can find it in the market by scanning this bar code

07-30-10 08:32 AM
    2. Some good calendar apps Ive used are Jorte and currently on Android Agenda Widget.
    07-30-10 09:35 AM
    1) since the phone is tied to your Google Account, no back up is really needed... everything syncs with google

2) i only use google calendar, it does everything i want it to

3) try doubletwist

you can find it in the market by scanning this bar code

Big Thanks on the DoubleTwist ... works Great !!
    07-30-10 03:35 PM
    2. Some good calendar apps Ive used are Jorte and currently on Android Agenda Widget.

Thanks I'll check them out
    07-30-10 03:35 PM
    Yep, it takes a while to figure out that a sync isn't needed with an Android device, especially if you have a Palm/BB background.

Most stuff is in the cloud.

Google Calendar on device is a bit of a letdown. As mentioned, Jorte is a well-regarded replacement.

Best wishes! Enjoy your new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD