What did I do? Help. How do I fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 11:11 PM
    Try powering it off, then on again to reset it.

11-11-09 11:14 PM
    How do I do that?

11-11-09 11:16 PM
    Ok I restarted it. No luck. The "orientation" setting is checked. Ugh

11-11-09 11:24 PM
    Try unchecking the orientation setting. Go to Home, then back into settings and check the orientation box again.

11-11-09 11:34 PM
    If that doesn't work, you might have to take your Eris in to Verizon to get it exchanged. The accelerometer might be bad.

11-11-09 11:36 PM
    Tried that. Didn't work.

11-11-09 11:55 PM
    Changing orientations doesn't work everywhere. Where are you trying it?

11-12-09 01:30 AM
    If you mean just the home screen, then nothing is wrong with it. The droid and droid eris do not rotate on the home screen by default (theres an app that can allow it I think). Do apps, pics, browser, etc. still rotate? If nothing rotates, then i'd get an exchange.

I read that the droid will rotate without having the keyboard pulled out at first, but if you change the wallpaper or adjust a certain setting it won't anymore. Motorola stated that it is desigened to only rotate on the home screen with the keyboard out.
    11-12-09 01:46 AM
    I know the homescreen won't rotate, I've been trying it with the browser and in the messages screen. No luck.

11-12-09 07:57 AM
    Did it start doing this after installing an app? Maybe try uninstalling app or apps. Possibly even try restoring the phone back to factory default to wipe the phone.

Hope you get it figured out!
    11-12-09 08:05 AM
    I know the homescreen won't rotate, I've been trying it with the browser and in the messages screen. No luck.

It could be an app stopping it from doing it, maybe because of compatability issues. Try uninstalling recent apps and see if it helps. If not, get it swapped out.
    11-12-09 01:45 PM
    The eris only rotates when you turn it to the left for some reason. Make sure you are turning it that direction.
    11-12-09 02:31 PM
    The eris only rotates when you turn it to the left for some reason. Make sure you are turning it that direction.
    Same with the moto droid. Might be an android thing, I haven't messed with non-verizon android phones to be positive.
    11-12-09 05:32 PM
    i have the same problem but with my droid...at first it would switch to landscape mode without pullin out the keyboard but now it seems i have to pull it out to see it in landscape mode..ppl are telling me that it cant do that but then why did mine do it
    11-13-09 09:47 PM
    i have the same problem but with my droid...at first it would switch to landscape mode without pullin out the keyboard but now it seems i have to pull it out to see it in landscape mode..ppl are telling me that it cant do that but then why did mine do it
    You mean just the home screen? Did you change the wallpaper or toggle any of the orientation options? I've read that doing these knocks out the rotation without having the keyboard pulled out on the home screen. Motorola supposedly stated that is how the droid was designed, so its not a bug or defective unit. You can find more info at androidforums on it, theres a 3-4 page thread about it.
    11-13-09 10:41 PM
    Had the same problem when they were demoing the phone to me at VZ. We couldn't get it to go in landscape mode no matter where we were.
    Other than that it seemed pretty cool phone. Seems like there's a lot more to come with it too.
    11-13-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD