Love the word wrap! Why can't Motorola have this!?

11-05-09 03:18 PM
    Plus Eris has call and end buttons - it remembers that it is a phone first, everything else second!
    11-06-09 07:59 AM
    What's the big deal about these call and end buttons? Phones like the iphone have them on the screen...because they are TOUCHSCREEN phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 08:37 AM
    i THINK i like the eris better and may choose it over the droid
    11-06-09 08:54 AM
    I'm not real concerned about the lack of physical buttons.

The Eris would be much more tempting to me if it had Exchange support and the new google nav, but I need that right out of the gate and I am not willing to wait.
    11-06-09 08:57 AM
    i ordered online at around 1230 eastern time, the order status says u will receive your phone in 2-3 business days, anyone know if you order on friday do u receive it on monday?
    11-06-09 09:06 AM
    i ordered online at around 1230 eastern time, the order status says u will receive your phone in 2-3 business days, anyone know if you order on friday do u receive it on monday?
    I would say that it's a good possibility.
    11-06-09 09:09 AM
    why does everyone fuss over the call/end buttons. Iphone has it like that and it's EASY. "Ok see you later" and than you TAP THE SCREEN! Isn't that as easy as clicking a button?
    11-06-09 09:49 AM
    Vegas makes a good point, also, on my storm now, i use the end button a lot to close out of apps to get back to the homescreen
    11-06-09 10:05 AM
    Looks cheap to me.. seems like the Droid is definitely above it.
    11-06-09 10:58 AM
    I am going to go check this phone out. I love HTC products.
    11-06-09 12:15 PM
    The Eris feels really nice in the hand. The demo unit I played with felt really snappy. I never noticed the slower processor.
    11-06-09 12:20 PM
    Looks cheap to me.. seems like the Droid is definitely above it.
    Try it out. It sure doesn't FEEL cheap. The trackball is about three grades above any Blackberry. The whole surface of the phone is rubberized -- it feels like a solid single piece like the iPhone except that with the rubberized surface you feel like you won't drop it.

Unfortunately it doesn't really meet my needs; I need the multiple email account support; I need more battery life; I want the proper car mounting option; and I'm new to touchphones so the larger screen on the Motorola means fewer typos for me. Pity as I much prefer the Eris's design and would have been delighted if Motorola would have simply skipped the physical keyboard on the Droid.
    11-06-09 01:01 PM
    Try it out. It sure doesn't FEEL cheap. The trackball is about three grades above any Blackberry. The whole surface of the phone is rubberized -- it feels like a solid single piece like the iPhone except that with the rubberized surface you feel like you won't drop it.

Unfortunately it doesn't really meet my needs; I need the multiple email account support; I need more battery life; I want the proper car mounting option; and I'm new to touchphones so the larger screen on the Motorola means fewer typos for me. Pity as I much prefer the Eris's design and would have been delighted if Motorola would have simply skipped the physical keyboard on the Droid.
    Wait 1 month and the HTC Passion/Dragon will be exactly what you described.

Do a search online.
    11-06-09 02:07 PM
    I must say that after playing with both the Droid and Eris just now at Verizon, the Eris is pretty sweet! The Droid is very nice, but felt a bit klunky and the physical keyboard just wasn't working for me.

The Sense UI on the Eris is sick! Plus I was typing like a madman on it. I just didn't have quite the same feel on the Droid. Oh yeah, I tried my typing skills on the S2 while I was there as well, and it is not even close! I've been a loyal BB fan for over 10 years, and I must say that I think it's time to go to the dark side!
    11-06-09 02:36 PM
    I was considering the Eris until I got to the store this morning and got to see both phones hands on.

There is no comparison. The Droid wins hands down.
    Opinions vary. I took the eris over the slider. No regrets here.
    Weird coming from a storm tho. typing is too easy on the eris.
    11-06-09 02:56 PM
    Makes you realize how horrible it is to type on a Storm (i.e. POS).

The people that rave about easy it is to type on a Storm 2 (i.e. POS), don't even have a clue.
    I have to stop trying to click the screen with every key stroke. lol.
    11-06-09 03:03 PM
    Makes you realize how horrible it is to type on a Storm (i.e. POS).

The people that rave about easy it is to type on a Storm 2 (i.e. POS), don't even have a clue.
    So true. Being a loyal BB fan, I never really considered other OS's. Man, this opens my eyes to how things should work! I'm telling ya, I was smokin on the Eris at the store today!
    11-06-09 03:09 PM

Do a search online.
    thats waht I decided to do, eris accelerometer sucked

I have to say after hitting a button while on speaker on the droid and not being able to end my call I saw the need for having the physical end call button. Probably could get used to getting back to the phone keypad but why not have quick access to the phone.
    11-06-09 03:39 PM
    why does everyone fuss over the call/end buttons. Iphone has it like that and it's EASY. "Ok see you later" and than you TAP THE SCREEN! Isn't that as easy as clicking a button?
    Even better, just use a headset. I never use the call and end buttons on my phone because I never use my phone without the headset.
    11-06-09 06:05 PM

Do a search online.
    BGR has already said numerous times this won't release till sometime in 2010 Q1-Q2. Additionally, because the Snap Dragon 1ghz runs so hot they haven't found a compromise in a battery that can make it through the day just running the native OS apps.

Otherwise, the droid, S2 and others would ALREADY be using the more powerful processor.

With this info, those of you who have been around the smart phone community long enough will know that Q1 will be unlikely at best. Unless you want to see a phone that burns out its own battery on launch day.... (*cough* PRE *cough*)
    11-06-09 06:56 PM
    What's the big deal about these call and end buttons? Phones like the iphone have them on the screen...because they are TOUCHSCREEN phones.

Can't answer phone with gloves on.

11-06-09 07:41 PM
    I love the Droid, honestly. Eris was tempting, and I didn't notice the lag on the phone either when playing while waiting for my Droid to get set up. However, once you load a few multiple-running programs, that processor is going to show its weaker lung power.

The Droid, however, I played with from 1 pm - 9 pm almost constantly. Only then was it at 10% battery left. That was a bt headset connected all day, talking on the phone, Navigating twice, leaving GPS on, downloading games and such, messaging people, taking pictures, logging on here to leave comments, etc etc.

And to be honest, I kind of like this keyboard. And when I don't want to use it, I'm faster with the onscreen keyboard. It's freaking awesome.
    11-06-09 08:21 PM
    Love the word wrap! Why can't Motorola have this!?

thank you for the link, probably wont see this for a year here in canada ...
    11-06-09 08:51 PM
    I too was all pumped about the Motorola, then was blown away by the real Droid...The Droid Eris! To me the Motorola just felt clunky, and that keyboard is like fisher price or something. Both nice phones that unfortunately made my S1 and the poor new S2 feel like absolute garbage. I feel liberated using the android OS...so smooth and intuitive, and typing is awesome...no more trying to convince myself that I like the odd feel of some mushy click crap....I'm sorry but it's just so true. Droids rule! Peace...
    11-06-09 11:02 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD