Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Engadget Review HTC HD2: Passion is not for me. Going to the Droid

Well I have been waiting patiently for the passion but as I read the review from engadget about the HD2 today:

HTC HD2 review -- Engadget

It occurred to me that the Passion, as bad *** at will undoubtedly be, will just be too large for me. It's a BIG phone and I'm not sure how that battery is going to power that display for longer than half a day. It dwarfs the droid and the iphone. I think the droid is the one for me.

Also, I know the droid keyboard is getting a bad wrap but, there are benefits to hard keys, like being able to utilize hot keys in apps and google quick search. That is something I always envied on the bold and tour vs the storm.

Just my opinion. To each his own on the phones.
    Last edited by citi; 11-25-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    rockin' 2.01 on the Droid - It's butta baby!
    I'm on twitter too!...
    CrackBerry Abuser

He raves about the HD2 even though its running winmo. The Passion runs Android you know right?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    CHE palanca

Droid is awesome bro. You will NOT be disappointed. Best Android phone on the market. Enjoy it. It's a lot of phone to use though. Those commercials are no joke : )
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by SGracer View Post
    He raves about the HD2 even though its running winmo. The Passion runs Android you know right?
    same thing i was thinking.....
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,245 Global Posts

Guys, he's saying the size of the phone will be too big. Android will not cure that.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by The Antagonist View Post
    Guys, he's saying the size of the phone will be too big. Android will not cure that.
    gotcha thanks for the clarification I thought ge was sayin it was the passion....I like the size of the droid but the screewn is not wide enough in most cases IMO
  7. BzB
    CrackBerry Master

^landscape view should be wide enough, no?

In regards to the op I was thinking the same thing about size of the passion / hd2. Some people like big girls though. That phone is just huge though. No way it fits in a pocket as easily or comfortably as the droid or iphone.

Plus with a screen that size they're going to have issues with battery life if it's clocked at 1ghz...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Geez you guys are harsh. Look how quick you bite! Yes I was referring to the size since the passion supposed to be a variation of this phone. A 4 inch screen is going to be hard to comfortably hold. I like the way the droid feels in my hand. Even my storm feels wide.

Of course I know the passion will be android. You don't have to talk at me like I'm not in the room. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by citi; 11-25-2009 at 11:55 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Iphone 115 x 61 x 11.6 mm
    HD2 120.5 x 67 x 11 mm
    Passion 120 x 65 x 12 mm
    Droid 116 x 60 x 14 mm

For those who were curious.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,332 Global Posts
    PIN
    I itch in places that should never itch!

Quote Originally Posted by citi View Post
    Geez you guys are harsh. Look how quick you bite! Yes I was referring to the size since the passion supposed to be a variation of this phone. A 4 inch screen is going to be hard to comfortably hold. I like the way the droid feels in my hand. Even my storm feels wide.

Of course I know the passion will be android. You don't have to talk at me like I'm not in the room. Lol
    A device with the screen like the HD2 will only be a problem for the legions of folks that did not grow up using game controllers or portable game consoles.

And not everyone needs to plop a phone into their pockets.
    Da Bear
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by BlkBear View Post
    A device with the screen like the HD2 will only be a problem for the legions of folks that did not grow up using game controllers or portable game consoles.

And not everyone needs to plop a phone into their pockets.
    And..a device like the HD2 will only be beneficial to folks who grew up using this:

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to use, browse the web, run tons of widgets? Yes. Would it be good holding it up to your ear? I'm not sure about that...for me anyway.
    rockin' 2.01 on the Droid - It's butta baby!
    I'm on twitter too!...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    10,727 Global Posts

The droid is sick, sicker than sick. The keyboard gives it depth....applications can only get stronger......
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

The HD2 form factor is awesome, if it had Android I would buy it in a heart beat.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the Passion, it isn't going to be the same form factor and I doubt any bigger then the DROID.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SGracer View Post
    Iphone 115 x 61 x 11.6 mm
    HD2 120.5 x 67 x 11 mm
    Passion 120 x 65 x 12 mm
    Droid 116 x 60 x 14 mm

For those who were curious.
    Out of curiosity, where did you get exact dimensions for a phone that is, for all intents and purposes, a rumor still?

And for those talking about it being too big, it's 4mm taller and wider than the iPhone and less than ˝mm thicker, assuming SG has the right dimensions.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    PIN
    304BE829

i do not like those buttons
    ..................Motorola Droid 2.0 no Bis problems here........
    http://twitter.com/moosc
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,668 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Dog Ate It

You guys are crazy, I'd snap that phone up in a heartbeat if it were running Android.
    Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

There, Their, and They're are not interchangeable. Come on people learn the difference among the 3.

Oh and While I'm at it "alot" is not a word!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts

That phone looks sweet...and big. Have to wait and compare it to the Eris. If it's too big, I'll take the Eris, hands down. By then, 2.0 will be here or just around the bend.
    IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!