Here goes......
    Galaxy S
    Samsung Galaxy S preview -- Engadget
    Droid X
    Exclusive: Motorola Droid X preview -- Engadget
    EVO
    HTC EVO 4G review -- Engadget

Haven't looked at the EVO; but the Droid X seems to load web pages faster.
    For me I like the Droid X overlay better......
    No I will finally look at the EVO.
    Lets remember not to cannibalise, it's all Android baby.....
    06-28-10 12:39 PM
    That Droid X looks big. And not a good big either...
    06-28-10 04:05 PM
    I like the X but what I am most concerned with is if u look at the videos the droid x web pages seem to load faster. Than the Galaxy. They also say that the galaxy has the faster gpu and that it can process 90,000 triangles per second. The evo doesn't count is imo reason being they were using wi-fi
    06-28-10 07:47 PM
    the X is huge, i though the evo was too big and now seeing some of the pics its even more of a turn off and the back side is well awkward too.
    06-28-10 08:02 PM
    the X is huge, i though the evo was too big and now seeing some of the pics its even more of a turn off and the back side is well awkward too.
    See I like the screen size of the X. Besides the part that sticks out at the top is not that big. Also when most people talk they would probably rest their finger under it anyway. I am mre concerned with performance. The plus with the X is I use my phone to read as well as gaming. The size is good for geezer eyes.....
    Watch it youngims
    I got a feeling I am one of the most senior members in the Android forum...
    06-28-10 08:13 PM
    06-29-10 10:36 AM
    They all look awesome. Don't think you can go wrong with any of those three phones.

I don't see anything awkward about the backside. But come on man. You're going to complain about the backside, seriously? Have you looked at the Incredible's?
    06-29-10 10:46 AM
    They all look awesome. Don't think you can go wrong with any of those three phones.

I don't see anything awkward about the backside. But come on man. You're going to complain about the backside, seriously? Have you looked at the Incredible's?
    I like big backsides.............
    Um on chicks.....
    06-29-10 01:31 PM
    The Evo and Droid X are a little too big for my tastes. Galaxy S is just right and the att flavor will most likely be my next phone unless the Blackberry 9800 gets a move on and wows me.

My Bold is not aging well.
    06-29-10 01:39 PM

i actually dont like the Inc that much with the 3 tier design either. But the X looks like a damn TV remote almost and its about as big as one too
    06-29-10 01:43 PM
    X looks cool
    06-29-10 01:44 PM
    Endgadget doesn't seem to be able to form any negatives into their reviews.

Sounds like corporate press releases.

I mean the first thing I'd say about the Droid X is that it looks mighty big.

I have a hard time believing a review that can't find much of anything negative to say about a product.

That is the job of a review. Otherwise you might as well just read advertisements....
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 06-29-10 at 02:23 PM.
    06-29-10 01:51 PM
    I dont think X is huge nor big issues.. its good for socialize and business.. I love how X's screen is big thingy I carrying rather than netbook. You can access Internet, email, sync, watch youtube, movie, etc.

Netbook is for photographer, journal, reporters, typer as word processer, editor, blogger, college student..

Mini Tablet phone ( X, HD2, GS, EVO, the list goes on) is for reader, shopper, urban/ suburban peers, Business, socialize, student, singer, the list goes on.

Last edited by VIDGMER; 06-29-10 at 02:40 PM.
    06-29-10 02:34 PM
    It's a little strange to me that people are saying the Galaxy is the ideal size when comparing it to the X or Evo. Just because the screen size is 4" compared to the X and Evo being 4.3" doesn't mean it's a smaller phone. The Galaxy is in fact LONGER than the Evo. It is 4.82" long and the Evo is 4.8". The Galaxy is only a hair narrower at 2.53" versus 2.6" on the Evo. The advantage to the Galaxy regarding size is that it is thinner (0.39" versus 0.5"). The Galaxy's screen is smaller but there's more of a bezel/trim around the screen which makes it larger than you think. I'm not an Evo fanboy or a Galaxy hater. I just want to get the facts out there. I plan on upgrading from my 8330 to a Droid X or wait for the Droid 2 or Galazy. I am eager to see the X in person and do a trial run with it to determine if it's too big or not. The spec's of the X are mighty impressive compared to everything else out there right now.
    06-29-10 04:32 PM
    That's exactly why I started this thread because while I was interested in the X the Galaxy does look appealing. I wanted to weigh options on all the phones to make the best decision. I can say this if the Galaxy/Fascinate doesn't show up on VZ til Sept then it will not matter because at the end of the year more new phones will be out.
    I read VZs version the fascinate will not have a front facing camera but will have flash.
    I was also hoping the geeks would jump in and weigh in on the processers.
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 06-29-10 at 05:30 PM.
    06-29-10 05:28 PM
    i actually didnt look at thes size specs on the galaxy but if its actually the same as the X then its out IMO too. I thought the smaller screen would make it slightly small phone, oh well. Storm 3 will be here shortly after my 1 year rolls around with my S2 hopefully and i still have my INC
    06-29-10 05:55 PM
    Dudes, I've heard the rumors that the Vibrant listed as $329.99 suggested retail.

Info on bottom on page: so total price does equal $330.00 †On approved credit. $82.50 down payment, plus 3 monthly payments of $82.50, required. 0% APR. Taxes & fees additional. Available only at T-Mobile-owned retail stores; see store for details. †0% APR. Availability & amount of financing subject to credit approval. Down payment required at time of purchase. Remaining amount owed is paid over 3 monthly payments (with Even More Plan) or 19 monthly payments (with Even More Plus Plan). Qualifying plan required for duration of EIP agreement; account must be in good standing. Taxes, late/non-payment fees and other upfront and monthly charges may apply. Example shown above reflects the down payment and monthly payments for our most credit worthy customers; down payments & monthly payment amounts for other customers will vary.
    Source
    it would be nice if it’s true.
    06-29-10 06:38 PM
    If that device is only $329.99 I don't have much faith in the build quality. With that cheap of a price tag it doesn't really scream high end. Hopefully that is not the case.
    06-29-10 06:41 PM
    Get a manly phone Trendy. That X looks like a slick camera with phone function! They could have made the X "without" the hump, but then it would be thick like the Inc. Trust your insides, use the force, hehe. Compare it to cars, small pintos never held their value (no car does at first) but those big manly Super Sports are loved the world over. Get you some good geek. Processor in the X is top notch, and I have a feeling, it being a Motorola radio, you wont have to hold it a certain way roflmao
    06-29-10 06:52 PM
    Here’s some pics, These are detailed artwork/graphics, not photographs.

http://www.rantuniverse.com/SamsungGalaxySdetail.jpg
    http://www.rantuniverse.com/SamsungGalaxySdetail2.jpg

http://www.rantuniverse.com/SGStTMobile1.jpg
    http://www.rantuniverse.com/SGStTMobile2.jpg
    http://www.rantuniverse.com/SGStTMobile3.jpg

If that device is only $329.99 I don't have much faith in the build quality. With that cheap of a price tag it doesn't really scream high end. Hopefully that is not the case.
    I do understanding Galaxy Vibrant is not for everyone. Like Iphone is not for me.. I NEVER will put my hand on Ip4, 5, 6, 7 on and on if I own..
    Last edited by VIDGMER; 06-29-10 at 07:02 PM.
    06-29-10 07:00 PM
    Get a manly phone Trendy. That X looks like a slick camera with phone function! They could have made the X "without" the hump, but then it would be thick like the Inc. Trust your insides, use the force, hehe. Compare it to cars, small pintos never held their value (no car does at first) but those big manly Super Sports are loved the world over. Get you some good geek. Processor in the X is top notch, and I have a feeling, it being a Motorola radio, you wont have to hold it a certain way roflmao
    Johnly u keep it real Bro.
    Lmmfao as well. What I am trying to find is a comparison of the iPhone 4g display vs the X. Even none can compare with pixel density I just wanna see the color reproduction between the two.
    The Galaxy S outshined the iphone 4g in color reproduction.
    Ok here is one for u. They say the gpu in the Galaxy processes 90million triangles per second. How does that translate?
    06-29-10 07:31 PM
    Johnly u keep it real Bro.
    Lmmfao as well. What I am trying to find is a comparison of the iPhone 4g display vs the X. Even none can compare with pixel density I just wanna see the color reproduction between the two.
    The Galaxy S outshined the iphone 4g in color reproduction.
    Ok here is one for u. They say the gpu in the Galaxy processes 90million triangles per second. How does that translate?
    u keep it real to bro!

Triangles are a GPU thing, but if the CPU is fast, then the GPU can run without idling allowing the GPU to crank those polygons. That is why game developers focus on the GPU. I am not an expert but the following information is what I retained from reading Samsung and TI’s websites : )

The Snapdragon base can only pump 22 million triangles per second. That is why the Incredible is crippled to only 30 fps. The Galaxy S (I love it) uses a specific Cortex A8 chip married with a PowerVR SGX540 GPU. Codenamed “hummingbird” Oh those fast little wings that we can’t see. lol. The Samsung Wave has the same processor.

The droid X uses a Cortex A8 OMAP 3630 (an aha moment, the same foundation as the Galaxy) with 45-nm running at a higher frequency while lowering voltage, and power reduction features. TI says that the performances of the X will double the droids performance (what! My droid is fast?) And they say 2X lower power levels (battery life seems to be a winner with Motorola’s hardware. The X has a camera utilizing on board ISP tech from TI. What GPU is the X using anyway? Is it the 530 or the 540? I think that would be were too look. The 530 will fly on that A8 in the X, but if it has the new 540, then it will super fly. Can anyone confirm this?

90 million triangles wow! Samsung is known for their quality TV’s and it sounds like they are taking it to their phones. I love Samsung displays, and I am not surprised the Galaxy’s display looks better than the iPhone, despite it having some extra pixels. Depending on the X GPU, that could decide it for me
    06-29-10 09:03 PM
    u keep it real to bro!

Triangles are a GPU thing, but if the CPU is fast, then the GPU can run without idling allowing the GPU to crank those polygons. That is why game developers focus on the GPU. I am not an expert but the following information is what I retained from reading Samsung and TI�s websites : )

The Snapdragon base can only pump 22 million triangles per second. That is why the Incredible is crippled to only 30 fps. The Galaxy S (I love it) uses a specific Cortex A8 chip married with a PowerVR SGX540 GPU. Codenamed �hummingbird� Oh those fast little wings that we can�t see. lol. The Samsung Wave has the same processor.

The droid X uses a Cortex A8 OMAP 3630 (an aha moment, the same foundation as the Galaxy) with 45-nm running at a higher frequency while lowering voltage, and power reduction features. TI says that the performances of the X will double the droids performance (what! My droid is fast?) And they say 2X lower power levels (battery life seems to be a winner with Motorola�s hardware. The X has a camera utilizing on board ISP tech from TI. What GPU is the X using anyway? Is it the 530 or the 540? I think that would be were too look. The 530 will fly on that A8 in the X, but if it has the new 540, then it will super fly. Can anyone confirm this?

90 million triangles wow! Samsung is known for their quality TV�s and it sounds like they are taking it to their phones. I love Samsung displays, and I am not surprised the Galaxy�s display looks better than the iPhone, despite it having some extra pixels. Depending on the X GPU, that could decide it for me
    Thanks bud. Hey I also saw some more you tube stuff on the X and I do love the software. That car home feature is shweet...
    06-29-10 10:15 PM
    Here is real screenshot, not photoshop.

06-29-10 10:53 PM
    Thanks it is a sweet looking phone
    06-29-10 10:59 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD