I'm getting used to a new G-Nex here and one thing that I really miss from my BB days is creating filters for incoming emails that makes them a level 1 message. That allowed me to be able to only be notified when I got an email from certain people. Otherwise I'd get notification dings for every email.

Is there some way in gmail or yahoo mail on android to set it up so that when I get an email from a certain person, then I would receive a notification?

Thanks in advance!
    02-14-12 11:45 AM
    I've never tried it..but this might be what your looking for..

Using filters - Gmail Help
    Toddzilla#WN likes this.
    02-15-12 08:58 AM
    Rick-

Thanks again for your help. This will let me get a filter setup...but I can't find a way to create a notification based on that filter i.e. when an email with that filter is received, then create a notification sound//light.
    02-15-12 11:34 AM
    Rick-

Thanks again for your help. This will let me get a filter setup...but I can't find a way to create a notification based on that filter i.e. when an email with that filter is received, then create a notification sound//light.
    Try going into your Gmail app on your phone, then under settings, you'll see General Settings, your email address, About Gmail, and Experiments. Click on your email address, scroll down to Manage Labels, and then you should be able to customize each one of those Folders. You'll have to enable sync in order to set up notifications and whatnot though.

Again, i've never tried this, but I don't see why it shouldn't work..
    Toddzilla#WN likes this.
    02-15-12 01:43 PM
    Rick-

You are a genius! That is the major thing I was missing from my BB! Thanks! I combined that filter with Lightflow and now I get a nice notification whenever I get a critical email.
    02-16-12 09:05 AM
    Rick-

You are a genius! That is the major thing I was missing from my BB! Thanks! I combined that filter with Lightflow and now I get a nice notification whenever I get a critical email.
    A genius? Naww.. Handsome and witty? Maybe

Glad you were able to get it working
    02-16-12 10:05 AM
    Hi Guys,

You might want to try eNotify. It lets you set different alert sounds based on sender & subject among other triggers. You can also override Silent for important senders. Or set repeating alerts so the phone will continue to beep until you acknowledge the notification.

The app is designed to supplement the functionality available on BlackBerry for people moving to Android and iOS.

There is a free Android version here if you want to try it out:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...es.enotifylite

Let me know what you think...Thanks!

I'm getting used to a new G-Nex here and one thing that I really miss from my BB days is creating filters for incoming emails that makes them a level 1 message. That allowed me to be able to only be notified when I got an email from certain people. Otherwise I'd get notification dings for every email.

Is there some way in gmail or yahoo mail on android to set it up so that when I get an email from a certain person, then I would receive a notification?

Thanks in advance!
    05-30-13 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD