Rookie question:
    Current BB 9000 owner operating on a BES through work. What differences would I see in email speeds (ie, how quickly will emails hit the device) from being on the BES?

Do Android phones sync email through an Exchange Server? Or do I need to do something special for that to happen?

If anyone can educate me in these basic items I would appreciate it. Is there an Android 101 anywhere that explains what to expect with the OS?
    07-12-10 02:47 PM
    for 101 type stuff check out

androidcentral.com
    androidandme.com
    theandroidguys.com

yes it can be synced through a Exchange server. and the Push is instant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 03:10 PM
    I don't use Exchange, but I used K-9 (free in the market) for email on my Moto Droid and it was as fast as my BB. I would get emails on my phone before my computer using Outlook.

From what I read, the Incredible has Exchange support.
    07-12-10 03:11 PM
    Rookie question:
    Current BB 9000 owner operating on a BES through work. What differences would I see in email speeds (ie, how quickly will emails hit the device) from being on the BES?

Do Android phones sync email through an Exchange Server? Or do I need to do something special for that to happen?

If anyone can educate me in these basic items I would appreciate it. Is there an Android 101 anywhere that explains what to expect with the OS?
    Android syncs Exchange Mail using active sync. You should talk to your IT guy / department to see if they also support active sync. If they do, all you'll need is the server info and your login credentials. If they don't, maybe they can setup some sort of forwarding for you where your mail gets forwarded to Gmail which then pushes it to your phone. Chance are though, you'll be able to use active sync.

As for sync speed, it's very fast, a few seconds to a minute for the most. You should not miss BES if everything is working as they should.
    07-12-10 11:47 PM
    With the 2.1 update, (don't quote me) all droids now have exchange support by default. K-9 is a great solution if my above statement is incorrect. I know for a fact thought that all HTC Sense phones have exchange support.
    07-13-10 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD