I tried all morning to get an early upgrade for my tour, they said no way have to wait until august 19th. While I managed to get a new free BOLD I could not get to upgrade to the X. Just found out they will allow anyone with a 2010 upgrade date upgrade at discounted pricing which is sweet!! Does anyone have the pre-order date?

I have been wanting to get a android phone and out of this BB for a while for a ton of reasons especially the internet so I'm very happy

I was with BB for years, now that I got a new BOLD and should be able to run os 6 and webkit browser I can care less! prolly going to be nothing great anyway.
    06-23-10 02:13 PM
    I think everyone here already left BB.
    06-23-10 02:17 PM
    Everybody and their mamma
    06-23-10 02:19 PM
    I think everyone here already left BB.
    lol good point, but just wondering for the lurkers like me who wanted a taste of the good stuff but were stuck with BB.

my buddy came over with his incredible last night I love it, so much faster than my tour in every way. The gmaps is actually usable on the fly without wanting to throw it for taking so long. But his battery kinda sucks, this is supposed to be better.
    06-23-10 02:24 PM
    I haven't left yet but add me to the list of people who do! I have been lurking here and on Android Central for a couple of weeks now. I rarely check up on the BB anymore.
    06-23-10 02:37 PM
    I talked to verizon this morning. Anyone who's contract is up before Dec 31st 2010 is eligible. Annual upgrades and new every two don't count. My annual is up in Aug but I don't qualify. I have a second line that I use for situations like this where I want a phone before my upgrade.
    06-23-10 02:44 PM
    If tmo did this I would
    06-23-10 02:46 PM
    This won't be limited to just expiring contracts. Whoever you spoke to this morning had no idea what was going to be said at today's press conference. I doubt they even knew there was a press conference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 02:49 PM
    I talked to verizon this morning. Anyone who's contract is up before Dec 31st 2010 is eligible. Annual upgrades and new every two don't count. My annual is up in Aug but I don't qualify. I have a second line that I use for situations like this where I want a phone before my upgrade.

SAY IT AINT SO!

Makes no sense that a new every 2 does not count because thats a 2 year contract right there.
    06-23-10 02:50 PM
    This won't be limited to just expiring contracts. Whoever you spoke to this morning had no idea what was going to be said at today's press conference. I doubt they even knew there was a press conference.

Hope your right!!
    06-23-10 02:51 PM
    I don't have a BB to leave, but I am leaving it again anyway!
    06-23-10 03:02 PM
    The customer service rep had a email to refer to when I asked. They definitely knew about the promotion. I don't understand the new every two not being elegible either. She just read the bullitin off word for word. It was clear I was the first person who asked that question. Either way I'm gonna take a break from BB for a while and give android a try.
    06-23-10 03:06 PM
    The customer service rep had a email to refer to when I asked. They definitely knew about the promotion. I don't understand the new every two not being elegible either. She just read the bullitin off word for word. It was clear I was the first person who asked that question. Either way I'm gonna take a break from BB for a while and give android a try.

It just seems there is so much more for my money.
    06-23-10 03:11 PM
    I returned my 9650 and reactivated my trusty 8330 a few days ago.So,yes,I'll be one of those daily 160,000 Droid converts soon. Hoping for word on the Droid2 but I might settle for the Droid since a physical keyboard is a must to me.
    06-23-10 03:11 PM
    I've decided I'm done with BB. Whether they bump up my upgrade date or not (but those bastards better) I'm switching.
    06-23-10 04:41 PM
    <this guy .. OP interested in getting rid of your 9650?

06-24-10 05:29 AM
    I there aren't any big issues with your phones, just wait till the fall, when all the "cool" phones come out. Maybe a new BB will wow you, or win mobile 7.. who knows!
    06-24-10 05:47 AM

That makes absolutely no sense. I called and my annual is on the 13th. You can bet that I will be there to get one!
    06-24-10 07:55 AM
    <this guy .. OP interested in getting rid of your 9650?

If verizon will push up my annual upgrade date no I'm going to give it to my wife, if they don't and I'm going to sell the 9650 and get rid of her tour.
    06-24-10 09:25 AM
    06-24-10 09:44 AM
    Carriers are doing anything to sell more devices in this bad ecomony. Its amazing how many new devices see being launched this year. 2011 will be a interesting year for the smart phone market!

06-24-10 10:44 AM
    Carriers are doing anything to sell more devices in this bad ecomony. Its amazing how many new devices see being launched this year. 2011 will be a interesting year for the smart phone market!

I agree by then nobody will have a dumb phone lol
    06-24-10 10:46 AM
    I agree by then nobody will have a dumb phone lol
    I disagree; it will be the dumba$$e$ using the smartphones that will have them. I can never resist a good pun
    From here on out if my wallet can stand it 1yr contract only
    06-24-10 10:59 AM
    I find it interesting that they are not allowing "buddy upgrades." According to your link there Trendy the line that buys the phone is required to keep it. So does this mean that people with multi line accounts can't upgrade one line and move the phone to another or is that something different all together?
    06-24-10 10:59 AM
    I find it interesting that they are not allowing "buddy upgrades." According to your link there Trendy the line that buys the phone is required to keep it. So does this mean that people with multi line accounts can't upgrade one line and move the phone to another or is that something different all together?
    Looks like to me that if u push up your upgrade that is the case. I am eligible
    for a NE2 this July 25th. So I will wait and see how they play this instead of
    getting this on release date. Since my date is only a few days after.
    06-24-10 11:07 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD