Just wondering who likes what between these two clients or are there other (better) alternatives? Also, trying to change the fonts in either client seems to be a no-starter. Is it because the default setting seems to be "ok" for everyone? Thanks in advance.

From the South end of Lake Erie. (Cleveland, Ohio.
    02-12-10 12:55 AM
    Never used the native client. Just K9... So, I'll be watching this thread myself. Seems 2.1 will be more Yahoo friendly, whatever that meaqns...

And, K9's set font size and no cut/copy paste is a bummer.

"downtown" Klevelunde...
    02-12-10 06:04 AM
    Thanks JDWX. I can't believe that there isn't a client out right now that won't allow you to change the font size. That's like saying since everyone has the same eyesight, will just have a fixed font! Thanks for the reply. Am over here on the East side by Van Aken bordering Cleveland.
    02-12-10 08:16 AM
    Yeah, I'm still spoiled from the BB mail client. Fonts and size... But, I really am quite pleased with K 9, I definitely recommend it. Although last night, it was not pulling email unless I manually did it, it's back today, probably a yahoo issue actually.

With the high resolution of the Droid, some html mails will be minuscule in type size too. That's even more of a problem than it usually is, haha...

Cut and paste would be huge though... Does the native client support that?

I'm working out in lovely University Circle today myself...

Posted from my Droid at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 08:39 AM
    copy/paste is poorly implemented and a pita. To copy, you have to hold Shift and swipe across the text. Hit reply, long press on the compose mail text box and hit paste.
    02-12-10 08:52 AM
    I personally like K-9 over the stock app for its performance. Emails come very fast. If you prefer looks then go with the stock one.

I have my email accounts to be forward to my Gmail that way I just use Gmail app, works for me and Emails come in with no delays.
    02-12-10 08:53 PM
    I personally like K-9 over the stock app for its performance. Emails come very fast. If you prefer looks then go with the stock one.

I have my email accounts to be forward to my Gmail that way I just use Gmail app, works for me and Emails come in with no delays.
    02-12-10 08:59 PM
    copy/paste is poorly implemented and a pita. To copy, you have to hold Shift and swipe across the text. Hit reply, long press on the compose mail text box and hit paste.
    Oh, duh... I didn't think of using the physical KB... Great call, thanks! I've needed this MANY times...

Wish this thing had a trac-pad so badly.
    02-12-10 11:03 PM
    The gmail app is good .... the stock 'email' app is garbage though. I setup my gmail account to check all my other non gmail addresses and it works great ... that way I never look at anything but gmail. To do that, you just have to go on your gmail account through a computer and go to the settings and set it up .... very simple and you can reply through that email address if you want (most would ... just pick that option in the setup).
    02-13-10 11:10 AM
    I setup my gmail account to check all my other non gmail addresses and it works great
    How does the signature work on the Droid via Gmail. On my blackberry, I can only have 1 signature, and the signature that I have as my primary email is what is sent on the mobile device. Is there a way to send an email without the signature you have set up in Gmail, on the Droid?
    02-14-10 09:20 AM
    How does the signature work on the Droid via Gmail. On my blackberry, I can only have 1 signature, and the signature that I have as my primary email is what is sent on the mobile device. Is there a way to send an email without the signature you have set up in Gmail, on the Droid?
    The signature feature in K9 is pretty cool. You can have more than one. I actually have one set up for my work email which I do not receive thru my Droid. This allows me to send emails from my Droid and look like they are coming thru my work email. When the receiver of the email responds to my email it goes back thru to my work address and server.
    02-14-10 04:20 PM
    The signature feature in K9 is pretty cool. You can have more than one. I actually have one set up for my work email which I do not receive thru my Droid. This allows me to send emails from my Droid and look like they are coming thru my work email. When the receiver of the email responds to my email it goes back thru to my work address and server.
    Great thanks. This is what I wanted to hear. The way email works, is one of the two things that have been holding me back from leaving my BB for a Droid. Now just one thing left and I think you commented on that thread as well
    02-14-10 05:25 PM
    Great thanks. This is what I wanted to hear. The way email works, is one of the two things that have been holding me back from leaving my BB for a Droid. Now just one thing left and I think you commented on that thread as well
    I too left BB for the Droid. Haven't missed it for one minute. For me, I actually find the Droid more usable for business. This platform is so much more stable than my Storm ever was. No daily battery pulls, or lagging OS. Enjoy!
    Last edited by spartan; 02-14-10 at 07:39 PM.
    02-14-10 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD