Sorry if this is a repeat. I setup the incoming and outgoing settings as per the thread and have my yahoo set up. The only way I get emails is if I open the icon and then it refreshes and will load them. I have the interval set at refresh every 5 minutes and it's not doing it unless i open. Will the DEC 11 update make Yahoo push email like the GMAIL? Also, is there anyway to have all yahoo mail automatically forwarded to my GMAIL without paying $$? THanks
    11-22-09 10:05 PM
    have had the same problem except when i do the refresh myself i get the connection error. if i don't refresh it then nothing happens. so either way i get no mail.
    11-29-09 03:29 AM
    Did you guys set it up with IMAP? Once I set my incoming server to imap.next.mail.yahoo.com I never get the connection error.

And no you can't get it to forward to gmail without paying...pretty lame. They really want you to use Gmail with the Android phones, they make it hard as heck to use Yahoo. And frankly I think Gmail is better.
    Last edited by BAN5150; 11-29-09 at 04:07 AM.
    11-29-09 04:04 AM
    have had the same problem except when i do the refresh myself i get the connection error. if i don't refresh it then nothing happens. so either way i get no mail.
    I just set my yahoo up with my droid just to see if it would work, I entered my email address and password and THEN select Manual, NOT Next, THEN select IMAP. Entered imap.next.mail.yahoo.com,For smtp I entered smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com and THEN clicked next, I have had not probs. went right thru. I just made sure wifi was off when I did this.
    Last edited by bennyj; 11-29-09 at 09:18 AM.
    11-29-09 09:15 AM
    I just set my yahoo up with my droid just to see if it would work, I entered my email address and password and THEN select Manual, NOT Next, THEN select IMAP. Entered imap.next.mail.yahoo.com,For smtp I entered smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com and THEN clicked next, I have had not probs. went right thru. I just made sure wifi was off when I did this.
    ok... my droid just rebooted a few seconds ago and now a flood of email from yahoo has come through... was this a yahoo server problem or an android problem?
    11-29-09 09:33 AM
    Yahoo has really been acting crazy lately. Im assuming its yahoo.
    11-29-09 09:37 AM
    ok... my droid just rebooted a few seconds ago and now a flood of email from yahoo has come through... was this a yahoo server problem or an android problem?
    I do not think it was a yahoo problem, as I just set mine up with no problems. Maybe your droid just needed to clean the pipes out!. Send your self a couple of test emails from your other accounts to your yahoo to see what happens. Remember though, yahoo is not push, so what ever Fetch interval(i.e 5mins, 15mins)you have it set too, is when it will go check, so be patient.
    11-29-09 09:38 AM
    I do not think it was a yahoo problem, as I just set mine up with no problems. Maybe your droid just needed to clean the pipes out!. Send your self a couple of test emails from your other accounts to your yahoo to see what happens. Remember though, yahoo is not push, so what ever Fetch interval(i.e 5mins, 15mins)you have it set too, is when it will go check, so be patient.
    well the thing is that you set yours up when the problem seems to have been fixed because i've done everything i possibly could to fix it. restart, battery pulls, deletion, resetting up, etc. it has only pulled emails now.

however.... now that emails can once again be set up... it's taking a long time to pull those newly set up emails and thus seems to be preventing me from sending new ones. they are just sitting in my outbox no matter how many times i click on "send message" button. sigh...

EDIT: once again, i can't set up new yahoo email accounts. getting that "username or password incorrect" error when setting up the imap and the "connection error" when trying to retrieve yahoo mail of existing accounts on my phone. can someone post here that this is working and working continuously and not in spurts? this is driving me nuts. something so simple as getting mail you'd think on a droid "that does" should be able to do.
    Last edited by roguephoenix; 11-29-09 at 10:34 AM.
    11-29-09 10:04 AM
    well the thing is that you set yours up when the problem seems to have been fixed because i've done everything i possibly could to fix it. restart, battery pulls, deletion, resetting up, etc. it has only pulled emails now.

however.... now that emails can once again be set up... it's taking a long time to pull those newly set up emails and thus seems to be preventing me from sending new ones. they are just sitting in my outbox no matter how many times i click on "send message" button. sigh...

EDIT: once again, i can't set up new yahoo email accounts. getting that "username or password incorrect" error when setting up the imap and the "connection error" when trying to retrieve yahoo mail of existing accounts on my phone. can someone post here that this is working and working continuously and not in spurts? this is driving me nuts. something so simple as getting mail you'd think on a droid "that does" should be able to do.
    Are you trying to set up yahoo with your wifi on? if so turn it off. you need to be on the network for it to authincate you.
    11-29-09 10:46 AM
    Are you trying to set up yahoo with your wifi on? if so turn it off. you need to be on the network for it to authincate you.
    wifi is off. i have followed the instructions on how to setup yahoo mail via imap. it only seems to work in spurts for me. mostly not working but there are those rare few minutes that it does work. so far i've only had it work 3 times, initial setup, once this morning and about an hour ago.

this is more frustrating than my tour's problems because it's seems so simple yet the droid isn't able to do it. it's like having a college physics professor who, it turns out, can't do simple multiplication problems. might have to go back to my tour until this is fixed because as it stands, i'm unable to do a quarter of the things i need to do because of lack of yahoo connection.
    Last edited by roguephoenix; 11-29-09 at 11:00 AM.
    11-29-09 10:56 AM
    Rogue for the heck of it, change the incoming server to imap.next.mail.yahoo.com, see if it's more consistent that way. Like I said, once I did that, never a problem.
    11-29-09 12:00 PM
    Sorry if this is a repeat. I setup the incoming and outgoing settings as per the thread and have my yahoo set up. The only way I get emails is if I open the icon and then it refreshes and will load them. I have the interval set at refresh every 5 minutes and it's not doing it unless i open. Will the DEC 11 update make Yahoo push email like the GMAIL? Also, is there anyway to have all yahoo mail automatically forwarded to my GMAIL without paying $$? THanks

Call Customer service technical support. I don't use my yahoo on my Droid...to nice a phone to mess up with all the spamming & viruses that comes along with yahoo.
    11-29-09 02:58 PM
    Rogue for the heck of it, change the incoming server to imap.next.mail.yahoo.com, see if it's more consistent that way. Like I said, once I did that, never a problem.
    i have. like i've said, i've tried ALL the different variations posted for getting yahoo to work. no use. this so frustrating.
    Last edited by roguephoenix; 11-29-09 at 08:07 PM.
    11-29-09 07:51 PM
    Turn wifi off
    11-29-09 08:08 PM
    Turn wifi off
    lol sigh... >_<
    11-29-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD