So im getting the Droid X. I ordered a cheap case to get me by until outter box releases one...i know its not the the phone but here are some pictures to see how it stacks up (its the case of the droid x) ....ITS HUGE!!

07-10-10 07:55 PM
    I played with a dummy Droid X in a store recently, and like a lot of the reviews mentioned, the thickness (or lack there of) really makes it feel smaller than it is...
    07-11-10 09:29 PM
    Man that droid x is huge! And to think only 2 short years ago I was worried that my Bold 9000 was going to be too large.
    07-11-10 10:11 PM
    To each is own, but I honestly have no idea why anyone would want or need a phone that big. It amazed me that 6 or 7 years ago we were trying to make them as small as possible. Now it seems where going the other way.

More power to you, I need a phone that fits in my pocket.
    07-11-10 11:33 PM
    Doesn't matter, size is lame....what kills the X is the fact that moto killed rooting.....IMO that =s a lame set......I hope I am proved wrong....
    07-12-10 02:40 AM
    So im getting the Droid X. I ordered a cheap case to get me by until outter box releases one...i know its not the the phone but here are some pictures to see how it stacks up (its the case of the droid x) ....ITS HUGE!!

lolz...luv the comparison choices...fin
    07-12-10 02:42 AM
    haha. yea. srry...thats all i could find layin around the crib...haha
    07-12-10 06:14 AM
    To each is own, but I honestly have no idea why anyone would want or need a phone that big. It amazed me that 6 or 7 years ago we were trying to make them as small as possible. Now it seems where going the other way.

More power to you, I need a phone that fits in my pocket.
    There are those of us that really want all that screen real estate for various reasons. Our phones now are really small media devices, in addition to being a phone. The large screens deliver a better experience when viewing videos, web pages, photos, etc. With the advancement of better apps to run on these phones, as compared with a few years ago, and the processors and storage to boot, it is easy to see why many people gravitate towards a larger screen.
    Not being a man, I can't speak to "pocket" size and when it gets to be TOO large. These larger phones fit nicely in a woman's handbag, however. That said, my adult son uses an LG Tritan, and he slips his into his pant's pockets, which are fairly large as far as depth and openings. I doubt these new, larger phones would fit into a shirt pocket, tho.
    07-12-10 07:50 AM
    Doesn't matter, size is lame....what kills the X is the fact that moto killed rooting.....IMO that =s a lame set......I hope I am proved wrong....
    I think u will be proved wrong....
    To the OP man u got it bad, I can see u now holding
    that case pretending you're talking on the phone
    surfing the web, watching movies.
    Well take heart I am just as bad I have watched
    so many videos looked at so many pics. Its ridiculous I tell u.....
    07-12-10 08:21 AM
    I think the X will be rooted, like the Milestone was. It will just be a matter of time.

On the other hand, the Bootloader will be tough to crack. The X will probably be rooted, but the locked down bootloader will mean no custom roms will be available.
    07-12-10 12:06 PM
    it will be interesting to see how the droid x is received (in terms of size) once people really start having to live with it. there will be some that appreciate the extra real estate, but i suspect many will eventually say the device itself was smaller.

i think what will happen as a result is that manufacturers will start trying to maximize screen space without making the whole device a behemoth. kind of like what samsung did with the galaxy. form factors like the droid and the incredible could easily have 4" screens and larger if screen manufacturers can find a way to use less of a border.
    07-12-10 03:02 PM
    That's a whole lotta phone! That's funny because I remember thinking my Curve was HUGE!! Then the Storm and Storm 2, and Moto Droid with the extra weight. But dang!
    07-12-10 03:09 PM
    My first impression with pics of the X was it's size. I am going to try it out and see how it does. I'm thinking the size is gonna be a negative for me.
    The Storm is about the perfect size IMHO.
    07-12-10 03:12 PM
    Local Verizon has a dummy model in. Gonna go check it out for size.
    07-12-10 03:16 PM
    i played wit a real one in the store and i love it! cant wait til friday!!!
    07-12-10 06:47 PM
    Local Verizon has a dummy model in. Gonna go check it out for size.
    Went to store and they said they weren't allowed to show even the dummy. How friggen stupid is that!? Pretty much resigned to buy online anyway. The stores are just GOOFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-12-10 06:59 PM
    I was worried when I got my Evo that it would be too big. But you really do get used to it and you won't even notice it being bigger than other phones unless you compare them.

Every time I use my woman's Storm, it feels so dinky and too small.

Maybe I have larger hands, but it fits me perfectly, and still slides in my pockets.
    07-12-10 07:02 PM
    BestBuy has a dummy on display...u can try there? its really not THAT big and it feels good in the hand..it has a nice weight to it
    07-12-10 07:39 PM
    There are those of us that really want all that screen real estate for various reasons. Our phones now are really small media devices, in addition to being a phone. The large screens deliver a better experience when viewing videos, web pages, photos, etc. With the advancement of better apps to run on these phones, as compared with a few years ago, and the processors and storage to boot, it is easy to see why many people gravitate towards a larger screen.
    Not being a man, I can't speak to "pocket" size and when it gets to be TOO large. These larger phones fit nicely in a woman's handbag, however. That said, my adult son uses an LG Tritan, and he slips his into his pant's pockets, which are fairly large as far as depth and openings. I doubt these new, larger phones would fit into a shirt pocket, tho.
    I understand what your saying. I guess just personally IMO, in the grand scheme of things a 4.3 inch screen is still pretty tiny. I really wouldn't want to watch anything on it for any long period of time. So the extra size for me is just extra size and an inconvenience. If I'm gonna be somewhere where I'm gonna be watching something like a movie or something and have that kind of time ill most likely have a laptop with me. Lets not even talk about what thats going to do to the battery either. I need to have battery left to do the things I actually need a phone to do.

Put that package into a phone the size of the Droid or Incredible and then I'm interested. However I will not be getting another phone until ones are available with LTE support. I actually think its a bit silly right now to release anything when everyone knows LTE is right around the corner. Even the size thing aside I STILL wouldn't buy the X because it doesn't support LTE.

I need a phone that is portable and for me that really isn't that portable. Again because I don't use a holster, I keep my phone in my pocket.

Again like I said its a preference thing. I'm not knocking anyone that wants it or needs it. I'm just stating why I wouldnt get it.
    07-12-10 11:42 PM
    I was afraid it was going to be too big however I got to check one out in a Verizon store and it does not feel too big in person and fit in my pocket fine, it actually felt like it took up less room than my BB Tour as it's much thinner. The size was the only thing holding me back and now that is a non issue.
    07-13-10 06:12 AM
    I do really "get" the whole "why view media on a small screen when a laptop is better" thing. And I agree. Movies are certainly best enjoyed on a large screen. Perhaps even using it as an ereader is a bit of a stretch for most. Rather, it's a short-term viewing device, or if you are without your laptop or tablet.
    I also agree it seems foolish to get a new phone now when LTE is coming. However, it won't be in all places for a couple of years, so in my case, I don't anticipate it for quite a while. My current goal is to keep my next phone for a year...that seems to be about all I can manage these days, without temptation overtaking better judgement!
    07-13-10 07:07 AM
    I do really "get" the whole "why view media on a small screen when a laptop is better" thing. And I agree. Movies are certainly best enjoyed on a large screen. Perhaps even using it as an ereader is a bit of a stretch for most. Rather, it's a short-term viewing device, or if you are without your laptop or tablet.
    I also agree it seems foolish to get a new phone now when LTE is coming. However, it won't be in all places for a couple of years, so in my case, I don't anticipate it for quite a while. My current goal is to keep my next phone for a year...that seems to be about all I can manage these days, without temptation overtaking better judgement!
    I agree on the LTE, it will not be available everywhere when it is released. So for me LTE is probably a ways off, I am in Iowa.

And not to mention, I read somewhere when verizon releases LTE, unlimited data will not be offered. It will be more like what AT&T have set up. Something to think about also if this is true.
    07-13-10 07:28 AM
    I get that. I can see it being advantageous for surfing and watching quick videos an thing like that. Yeah you being in Dodge it'll probably be a while before you get LTE so thats a non issue. I'm up in NW Kansas so I feel you pain, I get at best 3 bars outside and terrible signal in my house.
    07-13-10 09:43 AM
    i can live without rooting i dont really need it :/
    07-13-10 09:52 AM
    i can live without rooting i dont really need it :/
    +10 .............
    07-13-10 10:08 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD