Got the DX a couple weeks ago and was exploring features on it this morning and came across the My Info button in the contacts screen after I pressed the menu button. When I pressed My Info it brought up the information for "Bob Smith" instead of me "John Doe". Where can I change that so when in press My Info it brings up "John Doe".
    10-01-10 01:40 PM
    Hmmm... thats a good question. I wasn't even aware of a name card UNLESS you had a different program. The anti-virus program I had on my G1 allowed me to create a little banner with my name and info, but that was all I was aware of.

Anyone else know?
    10-01-10 02:58 PM
    Does anyone happen to have any ideas?
    10-08-10 09:33 AM
    Got the DX a couple weeks ago and was exploring features on it this morning and came across the My Info button in the contacts screen after I pressed the menu button. When I pressed My Info it brought up the information for "Bob Smith" instead of me "John Doe". Where can I change that so when in press My Info it brings up "John Doe".
    If you hit the menu button again it will give you the option to:

EDIT
    DELETE
    LINK CONTACT
    UNLINK CONTACT
    SHARE MY NAME CARD

I would choose either edit or delete. Try edit first...
    10-08-10 04:26 PM
    I have tried edit and it does allow me to edit the contact. However, there is no setting while editing that allows me to say whether or not that contact should be associated with My Profile. If I try to delete the contact, a message pops up that says "Cannot delete your own profile."
    10-08-10 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD