Has anyone noticed getting a lot of errors typing on the Droids Virtual keyboard? I keep getting the same letters multiple times like it is double tapping. Its annoying. Maybe I just need to get used to it?
    11-06-09 03:11 PM
    That happened to me playing with it in the store. I found that if you are quick with letting off of the key it doesn't duplicate. I think it has to do with us being using to the pressing of the Storm keyboard. We're used to that extra push. One thing I did not like and perhaps I wasn't doing it right is not being able to capitalize without hitting the shift key.
    11-06-09 03:33 PM
    I don't get a lot of errors because I can't type very fast.
    11-06-09 03:35 PM
    Yeah, I think you are right with that we are used to the Storm. I guess if you practice enough it should be fine...hopefully
    11-06-09 03:37 PM
    Yeah, I think you are right with that we are used to the Storm. I guess if you practice enough it should be fine...hopefully
    I find with every sms I send I am getting better at typing in landscape. there is definitely a learning curve coming from the storm. Keep at it and youll be great in no time.
    11-06-09 03:44 PM
    I had this same problem in the store .. it was like the touchscreen was TOO sensitive. Nevertheless, confirmed my thoughts about the keyboards being the fatal flaw of this phone.
    11-06-09 04:12 PM
    Thx, I will keep at it. Its frustrating coming from the SureType, which I can acutally type faster with vs my PC. Seems like one-handed txting will not be an option. Besides that learning curve, the Phone is sweet
    11-06-09 04:24 PM
    I had the same issue. Turned out to be the body glove case causing it
    11-06-09 06:38 PM
    I was checking out a Droid at a different VZW store and I didn't have any issues with the keyboard. It appeared that this unit was set to not give feedback when the keys were pressed. That may have been it or I am already getting used to the keyboard in the short time I've played with it.
    11-06-09 06:46 PM
    I had the same issue. Turned out to be the body glove case causing it
    Just wondering but how does the Body Glove case cause the screen to register double clicks?
    11-06-09 07:28 PM
    Must of been the way it was sitting on the phone. I put it back on and it seems ok now.
    11-08-09 09:44 AM
    I had the same issue as op. I also thought like many that it might be because I am used to using the storm, so I tried a little experiment. I repeatedly pressed the same two keys alternating as fast as I could and noticed it was only displaying the same key most of the time. I believe the virtual keyboard does not support multitouch. What I noticed was if I kept one finger on a key, say letter "a", and then pressed another key, letter "k", while still holding down letter "a" it would input letter "a" every time. I tried this just to verify that what I was noticing was correct, and it was. So my conclusion was that if I did not lift my finger before pressing another letter it would just think I was pressing the same letter. Maybe this is what is causing the problem. But this is just my opinion on what I was able to see.
    11-08-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD