I am currently using the Storm 1. I have never really had any problems with it. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I want to upgrade to an Android phone but don't know which one to choose. I do a lot of web browsing on my phone. Lots of texting and personal email use. I also use the media player for music alot. Is either phone much better than the other in any of these areas? Thanks for the help.
    11-09-09 08:28 PM
    Performance for your list of tasks should be similar on both devices, though the Droid has a little more power under the hood. Honestly, you should go to the store and hold both devices and get a feel for which form factor you like better. They are very different animals from a design/feel perspective.
    11-09-09 08:32 PM
    From my understand updates and new apps will be for the Droid. What I'm trying to say is they will be for the 2.0 and not the 1.5 or what ever OS the eris is using. I could be wrong. Buts thats what I heard from my hampster who has friend that wrks at Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 11:24 PM
    From my understand updates and new apps will be for the Droid. What I'm trying to say is they will be for the 2.0 and not the 1.5 or what ever OS the eris is using. I could be wrong. Buts thats what I heard from my hampster who has friend that wrks at Verizon.

I guess the Eris Dec 11 and Jan 22 updates for the Eris kind of blow holes in your friends information.
    11-09-09 11:29 PM
    You might want to consider the HTC Passion too. Hopefully we will be seeing this guy too real soon.

11-09-09 11:29 PM
    I think the passion will be slick but a battery eater for sure.
    11-09-09 11:30 PM
    where can I find that info at. But what about the app part I was talking about? Just curious

11-09-09 11:35 PM
    BTW it was my hampsters friend not mine.

11-09-09 11:40 PM
    Droid battery lasts about 3-4 hours longer (ESTIMATED) than the Eris with similar usage. If you plan on surfing and media player usage a lot it's best to go droid IMO
    11-09-09 11:40 PM
    I personaly like how the Eris looks but the Droid is much better.

11-09-09 11:43 PM
    If you're keeping the phone for 2 years, it's better to get the Droid than the Eris, IMO. There's much more futureproofing behind the Droid's hardware.
    11-09-09 11:44 PM

Updates are confirmed to be coming for both devices. There's not a single app out there that I'm aware of other than Google Nav that runs on 2.0 but not 1.5. And Eris is getting 2.0 at some point in the future anyway.

Anyway OP, with that list it's going to be real similar on both phones. The majority of the things people rave about the Droid doing so well are true for the Eris as well. As someone else said, the only functional difference would be that the Droid is a little more powerful, ie less lag, higher pixel density... and that's about it. I don't really notice a difference worth considering.

I get the feeling it'll come down to form factor for you. That what made me get an Eris. The Droid is just really heavy, and the blocky shape never felt good in my pocket or my hand. Some people like it for its uniqueness and don't mind the heft. I'm not one of those people. Plus the camera issues, and the keyboard being less than stellar didn't help matters. (I didn't like it, so I didn't use it, so all it could really do is cause problems)
    11-09-09 11:45 PM
    Being that the eris is considered a lower end phone than the droid isn't it possible that Verizon will hold off on any 2.0 update for the eris to capitalize on vz navigator rather than have another phone that has free navigation?

11-10-09 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD