I have been on the Storm for quite some time and should be receiving the Storm 2 tomorrow. I'm torn on taking it back and getting the Droid. I love the theme capabilities for the Storm. How does the Droid compare in this regard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 01:32 AM
    LOL. And its usually the Storm guys that flame the so called Droid defectors about getting the Droid for the "flashy/pretty" OS over function of the device.

So, you would rather have some themes over highly customizable screens that can have shortcuts/Widgets on them, and a fast top-notch browser and a gorgeous high resolution screen?

11-12-09 01:46 AM
    That wasn't my question was it? I'd have an IPhone if that's what I wanted ha ha. I assume that means no to themes?

11-12-09 01:55 AM
    You want cool themes? There's an app for that.

Its called Open Home, once you get that, there are many skins that are available. TBH, I don't know if open home works with 2.0 yet.

Here is a forum that must have the answers you seek:

Droid Themes - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

11-12-09 02:11 AM
    Just did some reading on open home, it does work on the Droid. You want the full version, not the lite version.

11-12-09 02:22 AM
    I guess I'm just torn. I have $150 in Storm 1 apps and would wanna slit my wrists if I gave those up. At the same rate I don't use my phone for email much. I use my phone primarely for texting and web browsing.... Hmm tough decision. Its a two year marriage need to make sure its the right choice...... So I don't keep using all my family plan upgrades ha ha ha ha!

11-12-09 02:26 AM
    I guess I'm just torn. I have $150 in Storm 1 apps and would wanna slit my wrists if I gave those up. At the same rate I don't use my phone for email much. [B]I use my phone primarely for texting and web browsing.... Hmm tough decision.[\B] Its a two year marriage need to make sure its the right choice...... So I don't keep using all my family plan upgrades ha ha ha ha!

Texting and web browsing?not that tough.

11-12-09 02:39 AM
    Got many cool themes on mine now. Sick looking !
    11-12-09 02:48 AM
    Also, you might want to browse the Android marketplace. I bet a lot of the apps you paid for are either free, or a lot cheaper on the Android platform. Also, even if you don't find the exact app you had on the BB platform, there is likely a good, or better alternative on the Android platform.

11-12-09 02:53 AM
    Got many cool themes on mine now. Sick looking !
    Are there any screen capture apps for the Droid? If there are, please post some pics, along with what app you used to get the screen image. Thanks.

11-12-09 02:55 AM
    That wasn't my question was it? I'd have an IPhone if that's what I wanted ha ha. I assume that means no to themes?

Dumbass...he answered that. There are themes, but why be limited in what you can show like a BB theme? Way to customizable and your reference to the Iphone is a joke....one of the least customizable phones around even with jailbreak.
    11-12-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD