im looking at getting a tablet, but i dont want to get another monthly bill for data when i have a 6 gig plan on my blackberry torch that i dont even come close to using up.

so is there any tablets out there that i can link somehow with my blackberry to use the internet and other data?
    or am i stuck with the playbook?
    as much as i love blackberry, i just think that the playbook falls short on the apps...i want to play on the net(forums, youtube music etc) andplay some good games, not ones that look like they are from atari (although atari did have some awesome games!)
    08-16-11 02:58 PM
    I have both a Galaxy tab and a playbook. if you're looking for net stuff, you tube, music, the Playbook is really good. The browser is slick, much better than the droid for me, and video is clean. I like youtube better on it too, and rogers-on-demand works well in Canada for video streaming.

where the droid is great is for stuff like the built in Nav (which is pretty cool), swiss army apps like Torque for checking out your car, and apps like Droid TV

For me the playbook is better for work, net surfing, and doing a couple of things at once, while the droid is better for Nav, TV, Kindle and Angry Birds

that said, i think you can find out how to set up a tether over at android central, but I think it's a hack
    08-16-11 03:25 PM
    There might be some way to get internet on your tablet over Bluetooth. I don't know how that would be done, though.
    08-16-11 05:35 PM
    Hate to say it..but you're stuck with it. You can't "bridge" your data from a BB to a non-playbook device. And BB's don't offer "Wifi Hotspot" capabilites like Android (or iPhones) do (at least the non OS 7 devices).

I've never owned a Galaxy Tab..but to call the Playbook browser "smooth"..makes me chuckle.
    08-17-11 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD