With Droid, Motorola has raised the bar for Android handsets
    The tables have turned I see.. If motorola has set ANY KIND of bench mark for Android handsets, It shouldn't be hard for even PanTech to come in and knock them out.

YES, i'm super thrilled CK now has a Device that couldn't put up with the hype. All the trolling you did with the storm. (Still love you man, but listen up! haha)

I love your slide out keyboard that feels the tracks are filled with sand and rust, but oddly it doesn't grind when it slides. CHEAP/

Your keyboard, well if it didn't come straight from the RAZR itself!

I hope your volume rocker doesn't fall off when you slide the phone into your pocket/holster. ANDROID 2.0 MAKES THAT PHONE, not motorola.

Think of a sea creature, it moves around to different shells as it grows. Seems motorola was the only one available at that time and had no choice but to move in.

Want to get an app? It only takes a mere 23 agonizing steps to do so!

You be happy with you "less than sub-par device, while i continue using a phone thats been proven time and time again"

I'm sure you've said that a few times else where, but I get to use it now.

lol much love bro
    11-16-09 11:02 AM
    Glad you like it but what makes it so great? My neighbor had storm 1 I have storm 2 an he went an just got droid an wishes he would have got the storm 2. My web pages load quicker than his droid. An his has rebooted by its self 4 times in 2 days... I don't see the hype is all. My signal is better also. Not saying its the greatest thing out there but lots better than storm 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thats BS. I tested both out side by side, and the DROID's browser running 3G beat my S2 running WiFi lol. It wasnt even close. As for reception the DROID is the only phone other than my wifes EnV Touch (weird I know) that got reception in the basement. Every other phone we have owned (voyager, dare, pearl, chocolate 2, Curve, s1, Tour, s2...) that has gotten reception in the basement. I have been running for over a weak and have had no reboots, only a few force closes on apps that werent compatible with 2.0 yet. In the instance that the phone will reboot it will take a whopping 30 seconds as opposed to the 4-7 minutes of a blackberry. Plus no battery pulls, no memory leaks, no slowdown running multiple apps. Its a better phone and a much better OS. my only complaint (minor) is the facebook app, but that will get fixed in time and I rarely use it anyway.

also check this out...
    Last edited by Lynx83; 11-16-09 at 11:10 AM.
    11-16-09 11:03 AM
    The tables have turned I see.. If motorola has set ANY KIND of bench mark for Android handsets, It shouldn't be hard for even PanTech to come in and knock them out.

YES, i'm super thrilled CK now has a Device that couldn't put up with the hype. All the trolling you did with the storm. (Still love you man, but listen up! haha)

I love your slide out keyboard that feels the tracks are filled with sand and rust, but oddly it doesn't grind when it slides. CHEAP/

I hope your volume rocker doesn't fall off when you slide the phone into your pocket/holster. ANDROID 2.0 MAKES THAT PHONE, not motorola.

Think of a sea creature, it moves around to different shells as it grows. Seems motorola was the only one available at that time and had no choice but to move in.

You be happy with you "less than sub-par device, while i continue using a phone thats been proven time and time again"

lol much love bro
    wow 23 steps??? its exactly like it is on the iphone lol... fanboyism at its finest....and for the keyboard, mine slides fine.

Its apparent you dont own a DROID because none of your points are valid.
    Last edited by Lynx83; 11-16-09 at 11:09 AM.
    11-16-09 11:07 AM
    When we did the test side by side yes mine loaded faster even cleared my cache to make sure an opera 5 blew his away. That's the only droid I seen an yes mine beat his using both browsers

Aha! I knew that this was the case!

Opera Mini 5 is faster because it passes the data through their servers first to compress it before sending it on to the client browser on your Storm2. What's essentially's happening is that their servers (much more powerful than the Storm2 or Droid's hardware) are pre-rendering and processing the website before forwarding it on. Whereas, the Droid is doing all the same work on-device. No in-between servers needed.

So what you're doing is essentially an ufair test. I believe that a version of Opera Mini is also available for Android. Have your friend install that and then run your comparison again. Then it'll be between which CPU can process the incoming data from Opera's servers faster.
    11-16-09 11:09 AM
    Ha ha ha.....
    He did get u bro.
    The Droid aint a cheesy device though
    11-16-09 11:10 AM
    Didn't know this was a crack droid website maybe I miss read it. Sorry. But I love my storm 2. So my bad for being happy..

So, you didn't know this was a droid part of the forum when you clicked the Android link?
    11-16-09 11:11 AM
    wow 23 steps??? its exactly like it is on the iphone lol... fanboyism at its finest....and for the keyboard, mine slides fine.

Its apparent you dont own a DROID because none of your points are valid.
    Not a fanboy at all my friend, Just stating something i've seen and heard. OK maybe the process of buying an app isn't difficult, but in my own I went ahead stating the multiple sub menu's android has that are not even necessary. YOU'RE the fanboy for trying to call one out.
    I was a blackberry user for years, and guess what? I'll defend the S2 over that lousy made DROID any day of the week

I don't own a droid because I used one and will not settle for that quality. (I guess if you paid attention, you'd see i OWN a 3GS in my title)
    And i wouldn't even call that keyboard a slider, it's more like a lousy push keyboard
    Last edited by BrianW2007; 11-16-09 at 11:14 AM.
    11-16-09 11:12 AM

lol much love bro
    Such generalizations! And trivial ones at best too! I see someone's attacking out of fear that Android's a serious competitor to the iPhone! Too bad for you that every serious review outlet has given the Droid rave reviews on all those areas.
    11-16-09 11:15 AM
    Not a fanboy at all my friend, Just stating something i've seen and heard. OK maybe the process of buying an app isn't difficult, but in my own I went ahead stating the multiple sub menu's android has that are not even necessary. YOU'RE the fanboy for trying to call one out.
    I was a blackberry user for years, and guess what? I'll defend the S2 over that lousy made DROID any day of the week
    Ok so you dont have the phone but yet are complaining about it. The app market is almost identical to apples app store. And to say the DROID is made lousy is a stretch. The volume rocker is the only complaint. What about the Tours loose battery door and trackball issues. What about the S1's screen issues, and buttons falling off etc etc. The s2 is already having screen issues with it not working. Im not a fanboy I have been a longtime blackberry user, but their build quality is awful and the OS is outdated.
    11-16-09 11:17 AM

I don't own a droid because I used one and will not settle for that quality. (I guess if you paid attention, you'd see i OWN a 3GS in my title)
    And i wouldn't even call that keyboard a slider, it's more like a lousy push keyboard
    Yes, this statement doesn't equal to what you said earlier. Your just trolling my friend. spreading hate.
    11-16-09 11:18 AM

lol much love bro
    Did you even use the droid? The slider slides up smoothly and it takes 3 steps to download an app. I'll list them for you
    1)Select market
    2)Search for your app
    3) Select your app for download

When we did the test side by side yes mine loaded faster even cleared my cache to make sure an opera 5 blew his away. That's the only droid I seen an yes mine beat his using both browsers

Storm 2 does not beat the droid with its default browser. Even the fanboys will admit that. What site were you loading?

And on Opera vs his default, that's not anything to do with the Storm. Its because on opera it goes through their servers. Get opera on the droid and then get blown away.
    11-16-09 11:20 AM
    -Sigh- all these DROID fanboys in here. Nothing against em, but cmon we all know the phone is pretty ugly.

people having way moer problems with it than the storm2. and dont give me this "its a first gen" NO. Motorlla makes crappy phones. Bottom line.
    11-16-09 11:58 AM

dude, your the biggest iFanboi on this site.
    11-16-09 11:59 AM
    -Sigh- all these DROID fanboys in here. Nothing against em, but cmon we all know the phone is pretty ugly.

people having way moer problems with it than the storm2. and dont give me this "its a first gen" NO. Motorlla makes crappy phones. Bottom line.
    This is the Android section of the forums. Who did you expect to be in here? It's the best place for Android/BlackBerry/iPhone/Pre owners to talk to each other.

You mean that you think it's ugly. Your taste in style is not everyone's taste in style. It's like me saying the iPhone is overly curved and for that reason I don't like it. Does it mean it's true for everyone? No.

You got some hard numbers to back up this "way moer [sic] problems" claim of yours?
    11-16-09 12:28 PM

I hope your joking.....
    11-16-09 12:34 PM
    I hope your joking.....
    if it will make your sould feel at ease, then sure why not. Im "joking"
    11-16-09 12:37 PM
    i wasn't aware that defending something you like makes you a fanboy...... well.... this thread is up in flames lol...
    11-16-09 12:43 PM

Who cares if you own a 3GS? You are unique and special.

There is nothing even remotely wrong with the DROID's hardware. They need to improve the camera with firmware, but really that is about it. I'm not sure why the menu is confusing to you when it is much less complicated then a BB, but not as MOM friendly as the iPhones.

You're one of those users that caused me not to go iPhone sites when I had 3 of them, they could sell you a empty box and you'd be excited.
    11-16-09 12:52 PM

lol much love bro
    Well I see you finally chose a real phone so I can't get mad at you. Now back to the matter at hand.

All this would have been real good if there were any truth to it : )

It's a desperate move but I'll give you credit for trying.

I can respect you trying to come in here and bashing the Droid after being abused for owning that other phone, but you have to come with something good. Mention the auto-focus not working properly.

Or less than stellar support for some exchange users.

Other than that, your attempts at attacking a stellar device falls flat...

We are playing baseball in here and you brought a rubber bat to the game : )
    11-16-09 12:55 PM
    if it will make your sould feel at ease, then sure why not. Im "joking"
    Your a troll who is just sad they are stuck with P.O.S pearl flip. You have posted nothing but your opinion.
    11-16-09 12:56 PM
    Can't wait for my upgrade in January, most likely ill be adding to the Droid sales. Storm 2 is very attractive and the new berries as well. My old pearl is showing off the hourglass far too often. Happy to see all the experience with both devices.

11-16-09 01:18 PM
    lol even if your sig is better the droid beats the S2 browser by at least 45 secs. I have seen vids on this and i also did a test at VZW. this guy is just a troll
    11-16-09 01:27 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD