I've been trying my hardest to love this program. Locale makes my life easier (when it works right). The basis is simple, allows you to change certain settings on your phone based on designated inputs you program it for. For instance, I had mine programmed so that when I got to work it automatically turned my ringer off and posted a facebook status "I'm at work til...." and then when I left work it went back to "Default". I was in a meeting the other day and my phone started ringing in my pocket. As soon as I opened Locale it then realized I was at work and changed its profile. When I go home the GPS has me 100yds away from my house, but as soon as I open Google Maps it has me within feet. So it can't be the GPS on the device if Google Maps is accurate. Also I have it set to turn the backlight and ringer off everynight at 10pm and set my status to "Sleeping, work in the A.M.". But I got a message from a friend that my facebook status was updating every 10 minutes to that message.

So needless-to-say Locale has a long way to go through the bugs, but once its fixed it will be my favorite program. Is anyone else having these types of issues with Locale and its plugins?
    12-08-09 12:06 PM
    I use Locale, but not any of the GPS features. I have all my conditions time based or just manually controlled. Not the most efficient way to do it but at least it saves the battery and more reliable.
    12-08-09 03:05 PM
    I tried it first week or two when I got the Droid. I uninstalled it because it was not consistent enough like you described. I even had trained to check the wi-fi signals to know where it's at but that didn't work smoothly.
    12-08-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD