DROID Pro is DROID 2 world edition, LG enV Touch 2 to run Android? � Boy Genius Report

So according to this article, all the Droid Pro is is a clone of the Droid 2 and is just a world phone...

If that's the case, that sucks. I'm glad I didn't wait for it.
    Last edited by avt123; 08-19-10 at 04:06 PM.
    08-19-10 04:02 PM
    Still, Verizon's CEO did say something about a 2ghz Android coming out by the end of the year...
    08-19-10 04:31 PM
    But didn't he say a 2GHz Moto Android coming out? Nothing on the leaked roadmaps show another Moto smartphone...just tablets...Unless he meant a tablet?
    08-19-10 04:38 PM
    thank god i got a X im not getting a LTE phone until it is available in my area anyway
    08-19-10 04:40 PM
    LOL!
    And you thought VZN was gonna drop a brand new Droid Pro. Hahahaha. All it is is a "refresh". I guess RIM still doing some things good.
    LOL!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 05:13 PM
    LOL!
    And you thought VZN was gonna drop a brand new Droid Pro. Hahahaha. All it is is a "refresh". I guess RIM still doing some things good.
    LOL!!!!

It's not even a refresh. It is called the Pro because it has World capabilities. The Droid 2 doesn't so it's just called the Droid 2.

That's not a refresh. A refresh is what a current RIM device looks like. That's all they do.
    08-19-10 05:19 PM
    Still, Verizon's CEO did say something about a 2ghz Android coming out by the end of the year...
    But didn't he say a 2GHz Moto Android coming out? Nothing on the leaked roadmaps show another Moto smartphone...just tablets...Unless he meant a tablet?
    Yeah, I know. I wish Bill23 wasn't so tight lipped over on HoFo about the Pro.
    08-19-10 05:50 PM
    Yeah, I know. I wish Bill23 wasn't so tight lipped over on HoFo about the Pro.
    Ah... Yea I hate when that happens lol.
    08-19-10 05:53 PM
    Interesting......
    08-19-10 05:55 PM
    This goes against all other "rumors" that stated that the Droid Pro would have 1.2GHz CPU and 4-in screen. I can see how they might still upgrade the hardware in a Droid 2 and call it a Pro, but how do you change the screen size? Plus, we've seen VZW inventory screen captures that show that there will be a world edition Droid 2, and it's a different model number and shown separately in inventory from what is suspected to be the Droid Pro.

Not buying this rumor.
    08-20-10 08:02 AM
    It will have a 4" screen. The other specs are unknown.
    I did hear maybe read somewhere it will possibly have a
    gyroscope thingie. Maybe not hard but rumored, possibility.
    08-20-10 10:51 AM
    LOL!
    LOL!!!!

.............................................some people
    08-20-10 10:52 AM
    definitely interesting!
    Although I'm really digging the X, I would love to see a sim card compatible verizon phone but not if its just a Droid2 duplicate.
    08-20-10 01:23 PM
    If that's the case, that sucks. I'm glad I didn't wait for it.
    I'm glad you came to the dark side my brotha! I too am thoroughly disappointed, but at the same time I am relieved that I won't have to throw down more money for an even newer phone lol. I was able to snag a free Nexus One, so I'm in no rush for a SIM card phone on VZW; just waiting on that LTE!
    08-20-10 04:51 PM
    I'm glad you came to the dark side my brotha! I too am thoroughly disappointed, but at the same time I am relieved that I won't have to throw down more money for an even newer phone lol. I was able to snag a free Nexus One, so I'm in no rush for a SIM card phone on VZW; just waiting on that LTE!
    Lol yea. The X is great for now and until some awesome LTE devices come out.
    08-20-10 04:56 PM
    LOL!
    LOL!!!!

Er, a 9700-->9780 is something good? You Sir FAIL almost as much as the Torch does.
    08-20-10 06:32 PM
    Lol yea. The X is great for now and until some awesome LTE devices come out.
    And when those devices come out, I'll have to convince you to get the device I get just for old times sake! DX > GS all day everyday! JK............. or am I!?
    08-20-10 10:41 PM
    And when those devices come out, I'll have to convince you to get the device I get just for old times sake! DX > GS all day everyday! JK............. or am I!?
    I would have got the GS if it released to Verizon earlier, but I caved in on DX launch day lol.
    08-20-10 10:46 PM
    I would have got the GS if it released to Verizon earlier, but I caved in on DX launch day lol.
    Happens to the best of us except for me! Haha I was able to hold out until the next day....... of course that's because they didn't have any left in stock on launch day when I called. Oh was that a sad day.
    08-20-10 10:49 PM
    Happens to the best of us except for me! Haha I was able to hold out until the next day....... of course that's because they didn't have any left in stock on launch day when I called. Oh was that a sad day.
    Haha I bet. I a happy I chose this device though. It is awesome. Super fast and responsive, even without custom ROMs... I can only imagine a custom ROM on this thing...We will see them soon enough.
    08-20-10 10:56 PM
    BTW are anyone's timestamps messed up on their SMS notifications because mine are, but when I go to the actual app, they are just fine. The time is exactly four hours and one minute off. Any ideas?
    08-20-10 11:04 PM
    Yea mine are all screwed up in handcent. Only the received texts though. Also, thread list is all jumbled sometimes. It's not always displayed from newest to oldest. I am guessing this is just an app problem because it probably isn't fully compatible with a Droid X running 2.2.
    08-20-10 11:09 PM
    Yea mine are all screwed up in handcent. Only the received texts though. Also, thread list is all jumbled sometimes. It's not always displayed from newest to oldest. I am guessing this is just an app problem because it probably isn't fully compatible with a Droid X running 2.2.
    No it's not an app problem. From your response, I think it's an overall problem because it's happening to me in the native app. Oh well other than that, nothing to really complain about except for the fact that the DX uses adhoc instead of that other thing when using the Wireless Tether app. I hate that it doesn't show up as a router on my laptop, but that is just a personal gripe.
    08-20-10 11:21 PM
    No it's not an app problem. From your response, I think it's an overall problem because it's happening to me in the native app. Oh well other than that, nothing to really complain about except for the fact that the DX uses adhoc instead of that other thing when using the Wireless Tether app. I hate that it doesn't show up as a router on my laptop, but that is just a personal gripe.
    Hmm, it's not happening to my stock SMS app, only Handcent.
    08-20-10 11:40 PM
    Hmm, it's not happening to my stock SMS app, only Handcent.
    Well I'm screwed! I'll back them up and restore them later or maybe do a fresh install if my Super O.C.D. kicks in!
    08-20-10 11:55 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD