Due for a new phone. Im looking at the Droid X, Droid 2, & Incredible. I dont care about the physical keyboard, but not against it either. Cnet reviews list the Incredible as VZW top smartphone. I do like the large screen on the X. Bottom line is I have a Tour and have had enough with the issues with the Tour. I have had enough of phone issues.
    Any suggestions?
    09-22-10 08:19 PM
    Due for a new phone. Im looking at the Droid X, Droid 2, & Incredible. I dont care about the physical keyboard, but not against it either. Cnet reviews list the Incredible as VZW top smartphone. I do like the large screen on the X. Bottom line is I have a Tour and have had enough with the issues with the Tour. I have had enough of phone issues.
    Any suggestions?
    Was that review revised after the Droid 2 and Droid X were released? It really depends on what you want. They are all great. The Droid X has the best battery life out of all of them. The Incredible has the best skin out of all of them.

Honestly, I would get the Fascinate. It has better hardware than all of the others. In every day use you really wouldn't be able to tell the difference though. They are all fast. The Fascinate does play games the best though.
    09-22-10 08:23 PM
    I'd wait for the Droid 2 World Edition if you are interested in a physical keyboard.
    09-22-10 08:27 PM
    Any suggestions?
    I also have a Tour and am right with you about being fed up with phone issues on the Tour. Personally I am leaning towards the Droid 2 World Edition or Droid Pro...not sure which is called...when it is released.

My question is are any of the Droids mentioned a better phone? Although I use it for many functions it has to be phone with good reception and sound. Good battery life is second in importance for me.
    09-22-10 08:32 PM
    I also have a Tour and am right with you about being fed up with phone issues on the Tour. Personally I am leaning towards the Droid 2 World Edition or Droid Pro...not sure which is called...when it is released.

My question is are any of the Droids mentioned a better phone? Although I use it for many functions it has to be phone with good reception and sound. Good battery life is second in importance for me.
    Reception is also number one for me also.
    When are those phones you mentioned coming out?
    09-22-10 08:39 PM
    Last thing I would do is get the Fascinate if you plan on keeping it a year or so. The update roll outs on those (galaxy line) compared to the rest are not up to par.

Unless you plan on going abroad, I dont see a huge benefit to the D2WE.

If you were getting a phone now, I would say between X and Incredible. The Incredibles processor in real time was much faster, at least for me. I had both at the same time. Inc was smoother overall as well. I did like the Screen of the X though. Just depends on your needs.

Battery life on the Inc was horrible. I can get about 2.5x more life out of my X than my Inc.

Again, comes down to needs/wants.
    09-22-10 08:44 PM

The best Android device on VZW is the Fascinate hands down. There is no other device that has hardware as capable as the Fascinates.

The Droid X has the best battery life out of them all, and currently has the best battery life out of ANY Android device. Also, the call quality on the Motorola devices (Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 WE) seems to be the best out of any Android device on VZW.
    09-22-10 08:53 PM
    Keep in mind, you should pick what YOU want.
    Whatever device you like, get it.
    You have 30 days to return and exchange.
    09-22-10 09:06 PM
    Reception is also number one for me also.
    When are those phones you mentioned coming out?
    Rumor is that the Droid Pro (Droid 2 World Edition) will come out soon...speculation has been October but that is only speculation. The other phones mentioned are already available.
    09-22-10 09:22 PM
    I went from the tour to the droid 2 mostly because of the physical keyboard, but if you don't care about the physical keyboard, then the world is your oyster. Make sure you don't buy anything exclusively because it's what people online said without actually having a few of the devices in your hands for a while in the store as well.
    09-23-10 04:31 AM
    I just got the facinate and love it an I am coming from the Droid X.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 05:44 PM
    I just got the facinate and love it an I am coming from the Droid X.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And I got the Droid X coming from a Fascinate.

They are both great devices.
    09-24-10 05:47 PM
    SGS is my choice. All of the above are upgrades from a BB. Do what I did, take a month, and experiment with all of them. Then decide. Go with what makes you happy, can't go wrong. Opinions are like +++ holes everyone has one.
    09-24-10 06:13 PM
    Opinions are like +++ holes everyone has one.
    And they all stink.
    09-24-10 07:16 PM
    best droid = droid x
    09-24-10 10:19 PM
    And they all stink.
    What if it is the woman of your dreams? Does it stink then?
    09-24-10 10:24 PM
    best droid = droid x
    Let me guess. That's the one you have.

What if it is the woman of your dreams? Does it stink then?
    Yep.
    09-24-10 10:29 PM

Yep.
    Yup is right, but she was so hot, went for it despite the smell I love CB....if this were DF, mod sticks swinging like ninjas rofl...
    09-24-10 10:35 PM
    Just ordered the X for my wife. (she had a lg voyager)
    I'm also up on ne2 and I'm flip flopping on a X or a Fascinate.

I'm a Storm1 user so I'm really used to the sure press and having emails that always work.
    So I would really love a Storm 3 to be out before the New Year and I would wait. I'm sure that wont happen so off to Droid I go.
    09-26-10 11:52 AM
    WOW! Your wife definitely needed that upgrade.
    09-26-10 12:40 PM
    I'm also up on ne2 and I'm flip flopping on a X or a Fascinate.

I'm a Storm1 user so I'm really used to the sure press and having emails that always work.
    So I would really love a Storm 3 to be out before the New Year and I would wait. I'm sure that wont happen so off to Droid I go.
    BB email always works? Maybe most of the time except during bis outrages.

Why do folks not believe email always works on android?

I how you and your wife enjoy your new droids. I definitely wouldn't give mine up to go back to anything RIM makes until the qnx based ones come out, provided they knock it out of the park...
    09-26-10 01:57 PM
    I'm not knocking the droid email. Just praising the BB's.

BB email always works? Maybe most of the time except during bis outrages.

Why do folks not believe email always works on android?

I how you and your wife enjoy your new droids. I definitely wouldn't give mine up to go back to anything RIM makes until the qnx based ones come out, provided they knock it out of the park...
    09-26-10 03:07 PM
    I'm not knocking the droid email. Just praising the BB's.

That makes no sense if you are using GMail its the exact same. Yahoo is the same for my wife.
    09-26-10 03:35 PM

Yep.
    well the DROID X is the best DROID imo.
    09-27-10 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD