Anyone know when the 'official' tethering will be available? That's the main reason I haven't upgraded yet.
    03-29-10 06:45 PM
    I have no idea. Why wait for the "official" version? I use the WiFi tether app everyday, it works great. It turns your phone into a WiFi hoptspot basically. Your computer connects to it just like any other wireless network and the speeds are actually good. I've downloaded large files (800 MB) and everything.

You know when/if VZW "officially" allows it there will be a significant fee involved.
    03-30-10 09:18 AM
    ^ agree with the above. if wifi tethering is the only thing holding you back from getting the droid, then you're waiting for no good reason. get a droid, root it, load the wifi tether app, surf away at no additional cost!

vzw promotes wifi tethering for the palm pre plus, so it's not too far fetched to think they will do it for other smart phones at some point in time. who knows when though. they may keep this feature as an exclusive for the palm pre plus at least for a little while so there's some incentive to buy that phone over others.
    03-30-10 09:40 AM
    You don't even need root to tether. Root is only needed if you want to do WIFI tethering. USB tethering you can just download free apps from the market to a stock droid. Only wait for Verizon to release official tethering if you want to waste your money.
    04-01-10 10:52 AM
    i so agree with the others, dont wait for verizon to start this. if you want to give away your money i have paypal XD
    04-03-10 10:16 AM
    I have to agree with everyone else. There's no need to wait for Verizon. There are wired, and wireless tether options available now, have been for quite some time. Get rid of that Edsel, and get a Droid.
    04-03-10 10:37 AM
    And Verizon isnt charging anyone for tethering like some stories from BlackBerry users? Or are you only using a reasonable amount of data?
    04-03-10 03:25 PM
    Any recommendations on a good tethering App for the Droid?
    04-03-10 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD