Sorry if this is a repeat or a variation of a repeat.

I am going to upgrade

I previously had the Storm2 and before that the Storm 1. My storm continuously gave me problems (up to 5 battery pulls a day) so I upgraded to the OS7 Torch. Way better than the Storm but still issues and I lost half my apps.

So yesterday I returned and got the iPhone. Less than 24hrs and I am in email . Being a long time BB user I thrive on the ease of email use and separate accounts. I have 6 email accounts ( work, my own company, personal, advertisements, and family). The iPhone as you know lumps them all together and when there is new mail there is no indication of which box is new. The huge number for all unread mail is unacceptable

So in less than a day I'm ready to go back to Verizon pay another $35 and try a Droid. But before I do I want to know is the email any closer to BB mail. Here are some of the things I'm trying to do:

-separate icons on home screen for each mail box
    -even if in one icon separate indicator for new mail on each box
    -ability to set separate ring tones and signatures for sachets box
    -indicator for new mail (new since last checked mail box, not all unread)

I'm willing to try apps to get any of this done I've read about a few iPhone apps but most want you to forward mail to them ( this won't work for my line of work)

Any help you guys could give would be great thanks
    -push mail ( I know this a little different than BB but how different)
    01-08-12 09:19 AM
    I will tell you right now if you manage that many email accounts (I use to have 8 when I ran my own company), you will want to stick with a BlackBerry phone. Try the 9900, that is a pretty sweet phone as well.

I would recommend getting the Playbook to complement your phone as well.
    01-08-12 09:29 AM
    its hard to say. I know each of what you are looking for can be done. It will depend on which phone you have and the email that comes with it. You can get an email app called "enhanced email" for quite a bit of customization like you are looking for if the default email client doesnt allow for everything.

On the push subject..android allows for push email with hotmail, yahoo, gmail and all activesync/exchange accounts. The rest will have to be setup at intervals.
    01-08-12 10:53 AM
    With Android, the email app is just an app. You can use the default email app, our another app, like Enhanced Email, MailDroid, K-9 Mail, or Touchdown. MailDroid and K-9 both have unified inbox capabilities. Each account will get its own notification.

I use K-9 with eight different accounts. I have one icon on my screen to access all accounts, but I can view them separately or in the unified inbox. There is also the option to set up shortcuts on the home screen, so you can have access to each individual account, just like an icon. You can set up different colors for each account, as well as its own notification sound.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.
    01-08-12 04:58 PM
    As a sort of piggy-backing threadjack...In order to get yahoo mail as a push account, is it necessary to use yahoo's android app?
    01-09-12 09:14 AM
    As a sort of piggy-backing threadjack...In order to get yahoo mail as a push account, is it necessary to use yahoo's android app?
    yes you will have to do that
    01-09-12 10:59 AM
    yes you will have to do that
    Are you sure about that? I have one of my yahoo accounts pushed through the Mail Droid app.
    01-09-12 12:18 PM
    Sorry if this is a repeat or a variation of a repeat.

I am going to upgrade

I previously had the Storm2 and before that the Storm 1. My storm continuously gave me problems (up to 5 battery pulls a day) so I upgraded to the OS7 Torch. Way better than the Storm but still issues and I lost half my apps.
    So what issues were you having with the Torch ? Are you sure they were phone/OS related and not crappy app related ? I have a 9810 and the only time I have to three finger salute is installation or deletion of some apps. Yes when you upgraded you lost half of your apps (outdated) but switching to iPhone or Andriod, don't you lose all of your apps?
    01-09-12 01:57 PM
    Are you sure about that? I have one of my yahoo accounts pushed through the Mail Droid app.
    well it wont be pushed via the default mail app on any device. You might get it pushed via a different app other than the yahoo app also. I cant say which ones though. Good point as always
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-09-12 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD