During the night, in addition to downloading an unknown application my Droid made three phone calls on its own. One was almost 2 minutes in length and two were only a few seconds. Two of them were to the same person on my contact list while one was to a toll free number not in my contacts.

Anyone know what the h*e*l*l is going on here?
    11-12-09 08:40 AM
    Your kid/wife/friend/room mate/neighborhood prankster is fu*king with you.
    11-12-09 08:53 AM
    Your kid/wife/friend/room mate/neighborhood prankster is fu*king with you.
    Three in the morning, wife: sick, daughter: sick, son: not old enough and all were sleeping. Not likely.

And then there's the download of the "unknown" application of which the alert disappeared when I clicked on it.

No I'm not on meds nor should I be.
    11-12-09 09:05 AM
    Apparently I'm not the only one. The difference is the non-contact number and I have never called the contact in question from this phone.

Moto Droid calling people in the middle of the night - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    11-12-09 09:16 AM
    I have an S1, so I have issues all my own, but that is one smart smartphone you've got there! Those are spooky events that would have me upset, too. I hope you get to the bottom of it.
    11-12-09 09:16 AM
    Yea last night i was watching some ghost whisper and my phone also called android support with no one near my phone. I thought thought it needed to call its mothership lol. I told my girl when it was doing its calling all by it self. It just needed to talk its own kind for a few.
    11-12-09 09:24 AM
    Sounds like fun. Smart phone taking over the world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 09:27 AM
    Sounds Like IRobot to Me...
    11-12-09 10:37 AM
    Droid makes calls on it's own??? Sweet!!! Now I have an excuse for those 900 numbers on my phone bill... This phone just keeps getting better and better
    11-12-09 10:50 AM
    Maybe your Droid has a girlfriend.

11-12-09 11:21 AM
    Alright I went to Verizon and they knew nothing. I called Android support and they told me to do a bat pull. See if that helps. I thought I was going nuts

11-12-09 11:46 AM
    Droid phone home.
    11-12-09 11:52 AM
    This happened to me too!! You are not losing your mind! About 3 weeks ago my phone started reading numbers aloud at 5 am! Then my friend called to tell me I had posted 81 times on her facebook photo at 5 a.m. All of the comments were jibberish but some included random parts of my contacts (last names and first names scattered about).

It's so strange - I think I'm going to turn my phone off at night from now on.

Last night my phone called someone in my contacts at 2:30 a.m. and then posted 2 more jibberish comments on a friend's facebook photo!
    06-18-10 05:55 AM
    That is pretty cool though
    06-18-10 06:42 AM
    Have ya'll not watched the Terminator movies? Its the beginning stages of SkyNet. (correct me if I'm wrong on the name please)

06-18-10 07:36 AM
    This happened to me too!! You are not losing your mind! About 3 weeks ago my phone started reading numbers aloud at 5 am! Then my friend called to tell me I had posted 81 times on her facebook photo at 5 a.m. All of the comments were jibberish but some included random parts of my contacts (last names and first names scattered about).

It's so strange - I think I'm going to turn my phone off at night from now on.

Last night my phone called someone in my contacts at 2:30 a.m. and then posted 2 more jibberish comments on a friend's facebook photo!
    This sounds really like either software corruption, or buggy malware trying to phone home and getting it wrong. Is the phone using "factory software" or have you meddled with it, maybe rooted it? How about third party applications loaded?
    06-18-10 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD