Isn't it funny that Verizon is advertising the droid like its the first of its kind to hit the market? Basically the droid is the G1 from T-mobile, the funny thing is, the G1 runs the android processor. I'm not complaining, a friend has the G1 and its an impressive phone, just not comparable to the iphone. I have messed with the iphone and I have the itouch so basically I'm ruined for touch screen devices from here on out wish someone else could honestly compare!

Not that I care or making a complaint. I just find it funny that verizon is considering this the answer to them lacking the "iphone".
    10-27-09 06:18 PM
    well technically you are correct in saying that the motorola droid is not the 1st android phone to hit the market...however, the motorola droid will have a better/faster processor than the G1 and will come with android 2.0 out of the box...i believe the G1 is at 1.5 or 1.6 android...
    10-27-09 06:23 PM
    SDAvis, your post is so full of inaccuracies, where do I begin?

No, it isn't just basically a G1.

Android is not a processor, it is an Operating System (OS).

The Droid IS the first of it's kind to hit the market. It will be the first Android phone running the 2.0 Eclair OS.

If you have seen the commercial, then read all the iDon't statements. That's how the Droid doesn't compare with the iPhone. In a good way.
    10-27-09 06:27 PM
    I've played with a friend's G-1 but I'm wondering is the email part of it as strong as the Blackberry? It does appear to be a cool device though. It seems like RIM wants to tap the causal (non biz) market but only having 256MB of app room is what sucks about it. I was also amazed by the large selection of apps for the Droid devices were free; just download it and you're good to go vs being nickeled and dime for almost everything in App World.
    10-27-09 06:43 PM
    The Moto Droidhas 256 and Iphone have 256. Its just how the apps are delvp. Stored and used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 08:22 PM
    The Moto Droidhas 256 and Iphone have 256. Its just how the apps are delvp. Stored and used.

Android's modifiable to run apps off an SD card too if you need more app memory.
    10-27-09 10:17 PM

That's very true, I.E. My ipod touch has over 200 apps (approx 1.5 gig, yes gigabytes) and it runs strong and all I have to worry about is how much my drive can hold. The storm would probably die after like 20mb of apps lol

10-27-09 10:47 PM
    Android's modifiable to run apps off an SD card too if you need more app memory.
    It requires rooting your phone, which isn't even available on the CDMA Hero yet. Its not something that everyone is going to be willing to do. You need to root the phone, make partitions on the SD card, and install an app to bring it all together from what I've read.
    10-28-09 02:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD