I plan on getting a Droid or Eris tomorrow, originally planned on a Blackberry but after playing with both, the Blackberry seems a bit to vanilla compared to the apps with the Android phones!
    I'll be using my phone mostly for calling, texting, web-browsing and email. I'm a college junior, so I don't get a ton of important emails, but I get a lot from professors and about internship opportunities.
    A big thing I like about the Droid is the Google Maps with turn-by-turn, so it's kind of like a Garmin...but if the Eris software gets updated, won't that have it also? I've also mainly only used QWERTY physical keyboards, so switching to a touchscreen might take me awhile. However, I like the Eris look, and the physical keys to make/end calls.

Basically I need some help deciding, I can honestly go either way. I'm just so indecisive.
    02-08-10 11:55 PM
    I'd say go with the Droid, but its really a personal decision. The navi on the Droid is definitely awesome. Never really used an Eris too much but I did like my Droid a lot better.
    02-09-10 12:06 AM
    Go with Droid!! I had the Droid but switched to the Eris because of the size and Sense UI. After a month, the lag really started to show and i missed the Droid's physical keyboard, speed, and the huge screen. The Droid is obviously a better device, just kinda ugly.
    02-09-10 12:25 AM
    Even if the Eris gets 2.0/2.1 and Google Navigation, the Droid has windshield mounts available that the Eris does not.

The battery life on the Eris kind of blows too, if ya know what I mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 12:58 AM
    the eris is not for everybody. i bought one a week ago and while its nice, it's definetly no droid.
    02-09-10 12:59 AM
    I would go with the Droid. It is an overall better device. The only thing that I like about the Eris is the sense UI, but the Droid is far better and more capable. I have been very impressed with the droid myself and actually thought about giving it a try, but I am permanently tethered to my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 09:53 AM
    Eris is technically a really old device. its the same thing as the hero which was released a year before the eris was. if you want something with sense ui you should wait till june. there is supposed to be ONE phone that comes out mid year thats with HTC Sense UI. if you can't wait, the droid is freaking awsome!

and everyone else's posts above me are also all correct.
    02-13-10 10:02 AM
    I'm not sure if the Eris will get the 2.0 update even and the droid is about to go to 2.1 pretty soon here. I love my droid because you can do pretty much anything and aren't locked into say the Sense UI. With that being said the Sense UI is pretty awesome with the ability to have different environment setups and the phone always on the screen.

I personally would get the Droid if its between those two and you want it right now. The Nexus one will be along shortly for Verizon if you were willing to wait though and it does have better hardware.

I'm actually finishing my senior year right now and chances are you probably have an email account that uses gmail since most schools are switching to that .... it will let you get that email pushed which is nice. Also, make sure you setup your gmail account to get all those accounts because the alternate email app is garbage and theres no reason to have it. Its just in the gmail account settings.
    02-13-10 11:03 AM
    Droid is definitely the better overall device.

Eris is just too laggy & slow from my experiences..
    02-15-10 11:10 AM
    Id say wait... Both are about to get shown up with multiple new devices over the next couple of months. Both the Eris and the Driod have older CPUs and etc. If you have to get a phone now pickup a used Eris on ebay.

The driod is junk in my opinion. Heavy, useless keyboard with lack luster quality on the slider.
    02-15-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD