So, I'm not sure what happened.

My droid has been performing perfectly up until now. I'm not sure if this was user error or if the Droid has an issue, or if it just became aware and decided that it didn't like me...

I was checking my media earlier today and everything looked good pics, video and music, a few hours later I took a couple of pictures and when I went to view the new ones I just took I noticed that all of my other media just showed a "broken" symbol. I figured that I just needed to unmount the card and re-mount it. After that there were no pictures, video or music except the 2 pics that I just took. I don't mess with settings much and I'm not an expert user. I looked at my memory and it said 14.83 GB which is way to high if my media was still on there.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with the Droid, or if it could be user error?

Please help, I had a crap load of pics of my new born baby boy and I'd like to get them back if possible. I have "Itookthisonmyphone" so the pics and vid are still there (just really crappy).

Thanks!
    12-16-09 05:12 PM
    did you pop the card into a pc reader to see if they show up?
    12-17-09 12:35 PM
    I think you're s.o.l., dude. Same thing happened to me yesterday, as I was listening to the slacker app. Radio stopped and wouldn't reload, so I switched over to my mp3s....Droid wouldn't play them, so I powered the phone off and on, this time it didn't recognize my SD card, so I did a battery pull and lo and behold, all my media was gone. Apparently the phone formatted my card on its own. I called Verizon, and the rep talked to a motorola tech, who never heard of such a problem, apparently I was the only one (apparently not).

Bottom line, I think the Droid auto-foematted your sd card and erased all your media for good. Sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 12:44 PM
    did you pop the card into a pc reader to see if they show up?
    Ya, I tried that. Still nothing. Ended up having to reset the Droid.

@ tubuku01: glad to know I'm not the only one!
    12-17-09 04:42 PM
    I am willing to bet that you all have Slacker Radio installed, and were listening to it just prior to noticing that your card was formatted. This is a known bug w/the Slacker Radio app, more specificly the widget. Do an uninstall of Slacker, and upgrade to the new version. This SHOULD fix it...but at a min you should stop using the widget until it is proven fixed.
    12-18-09 12:05 PM
    Yes, I was using the Slacker app widget! I've now stoped using it (still love Slacker!). I've got the update for Slacker a few days ago, but I think i'll take your advice and wate until it's for sure fixed. Thanks for the advice!
    12-18-09 12:23 PM
    Consensus is that slacker is wiping SD cards. Take a look at the comments on the marketplace. Eff that, pandora till they get that fixed. Sorry about your stuff though

12-18-09 03:07 PM
    So the droid did not delete everything on your SD card.....A third party application that you installed did! Can't blame that on the droid or then android operating system. Just bad third party programing.
    12-18-09 03:30 PM
    You can blame it on the android platform though for not having tight enough control of the apps. There's no way a 3rd part app should wipe your device or SD card.

12-18-09 03:50 PM
    could.... but we won't.
    12-18-09 03:55 PM
    For anyone reading this and worring about future problems with slacker or other third party apps deleting media. I currently use itookthisonmyphone.com, (if you want to search for it in the market, use spaces between the words).

Many of you i'm sure already use or know of this web service but it saved my bum when all my media went POOF! It can be set to send any pic or vid you take straight to the website for storage on a personal profile unviewable by anyone but you. Or you can choose to upload manually.

anyway you can find all the info on the web site.

Also, could anyone explain why Slacker needs access to the memory card? I didn't think you could cache stations with Android.
    12-18-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD